WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Features Tapatalk Mobile Forum App Support

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
WTF.com now supports Tapatalk.

Tapatalk is a forum app on iOS (iPhone/iPad), Android, & as a Windows Phone/Desktop universal app. Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin.

Tapatalk is a mobile app built specifically for forum access. Different from a mobile skin or a mobile version that comes with the forum system, Tapatalk allows user to have a unified interface to access multiple forums at the same time.

For further information and screenshots, please visit our revamped mobile page:

http://www.wtf.com/pages/mobile/

So we can delete forum runner now?

EDIT: It's $2.99? Damn it, I hope it's all super special and stuff.

Jason

Founder
It is safe to delete Forum Runner at this time.

53V3N

The slow blade penetrates the shield.
Premium
Thanks, Jason.

Installing now.

Edit: pretty pimp at first glance. This edit brought to you via tapatalk :)

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
Just downloaded and installed it on my iPod Touch. It works like a charm, though I can't rate the posts like on the regular forum.

BudVugger

Jergens
Premium
I haven't tried it yet, but tell your screenshot guy to charge his phone.

53V3N

Premium
I can't find how to view Private Messages. I see the ability to turn the notification for Private Messages 'on/off' but I don't see where to view the messages themselves.

This is on the Android app.

Jason

Founder
I can't find how to view Private Messages. I see the ability to turn the notification for Private Messages 'on/off' but I don't see where to view the messages themselves.

This is on the Android app.
I believe this may currently be supported on iOS devices only, but Android support for XenForo private conversations may be in the next app update.

I believe there is also a new Tapatalk 2.0 beta making it's rounds right now with an updated interface, and some new functionality as well. I'll keep an eye on it.

EDIT: Details: http://www.tapatalk.com/forum/threads/whats-new-in-tapatalk-2-0.9655/

Jason

Founder
Tapatalk 2 for Android
Award Winning Forum App gets Better with Tapatalk 2.

Download our completely revamped Forum App for Android to see why it is the best out there - Introducing Tapatalk 2.

Free Upgrade
All existing Tapatalk users can receive free upgrade to Tapatalk 2 from Google and Amazon App Store. No strings attached.

Forum Recommendation
Looking for a better way to promote a forum and acquire new members? Our recommendation engine exposes forums to over one million Tapatalk users based on their geographic region or domain of interests.

New Interface and New Platform
Say good-bye to an antique interface, Tapatalk 2 re-invented a new way to navigate forums on Android, enticing loyal members to crank up their post count while on-the-go. Works great on Android 4.0 and Kindle Fire.

Account Sync
Tapatalk 2 syncs forum accounts among their mobile devices - it means forums will show up on every device they use. Works on iPad, iPhone, Android phone, tablets and BlackBerry.

t_2_0.png t_2_0_amazon_button.png

53V3N

Premium
Thanks, Jason. :)

(Happy Death Day)

edit: Updated the app.

Bit of a pisser if you have quite a few forums set up as the update wipes the app data.

However, Android users now have PM functionality so it's well worth having to sign back into your forums.

Jason

Founder
Our Tapatalk XenForo plug-in has been updated to version 1.2.0

Items of note:
1. Add prefix support for XenForo
2. Add push support for XenForo
3. Fix likes info not showing
4. Fix "go to first unread" feature
5. Fix reply number not counting correctly

Nothing needs to be done by members, other than making sure your "push support" is activated in your iOS or Android apps if you wish for such functionality...

Enjoy!

Jason

Founder
I think you can "like" a post, but as far as the extended options you will not be able to view them in the mobile app.

The mobile app is provided by a 3rd party company, who does not support other 3rd party add-ons/modifications such as the post ratings unfortunately.

Jason

Founder
Our Tapatalk XenForo plug-in has been updated to version 1.2.1

Items of note:
1. Support some bbcodes PHP/CODE/HTML/LIST.
2. Optimize push efficiency and improve the compatibility with other MODs.
3. Show short content without quote content.
4. Improve reply conversation feature.
5. Fix wrong unread status when the latest post of a thread is posted by the user himself.
6. Fix leave ignore future conversation not work issue.
7. Fix subscribed topics number not showing correct issue.
8. Fix like push notification switch not work issue.
9. Fix error thrown when sending push issue.

Enjoy!