WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Features Tapatalk Mobile Forum App Support

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Version 1.3.0 release

Update Note:

1. Support advanced search.
2. Support full xenforo bbcode.
3. Fix page number not correct, link-forum missing and other minority issues.

• Helpful
Reactions: BRiT

Jason

Founder
Version 1.5.0 release

Update Note:

1. Optimize online features.
2. Optimize option display.
3. Optimize push feature.
4. Add smart banner feature.
5. Add support for multi-quote function.
6. Add rename topic function for moderator.
7. Add option of custom content(bbcode) replacement.
8. Remove tapatalk detect js.
9. Increase compatibility with other modes.
10. Release register function including : register, change password, find forgotten password and update email

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
Premium
Feedback: This app works like a charm. Great for ranting when I'm on the shitter instead of working.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jason

Jason

Founder
Updated release 1.6.0, with latest bug fixes and enhancements...

Reactions: BRiT

Karysma

Jaded
Just downloaded the new tapatalk beta from the play store. Way different set up than the current version. I love it, though. Can finally see notifications. Have you guys gotten to play with this yet or know what's in store for the new version?

Edit

It's tapatalk version 4.06

Jason

Founder
Just downloaded the new tapatalk beta from the play store. Way different set up than the current version. I love it, though. Can finally see notifications. Have you guys gotten to play with this yet or know what's in store for the new version?

Edit

It's tapatalk version 4.06

No, we haven't yet played with any future Tapatalk beta as of yet. We'll probably do that around the time we're testing XF 1.2.

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
There's a new version of Tapatalk available for iOS. I've already downloaded it, and am currently posting using the new app. There's a number of obvious differences with the old one, but to me this doesn't take much getting used to.

Still need to explore most options, though... Plus, I like the overall look and feel.

Lioness

Banned - What an Asshat!
Hmmm,
There's a new version of Tapatalk available for iOS. I've already downloaded it, and am currently posting using the new app. There's a number of obvious differences with the old one, but to me this doesn't take much getting used to.

Still need to explore most options, though... Plus, I like the overall look and feel.
When you say version, do you mean one with a different name or an update to the current app?

• Agree
Reactions: CrazyToaster

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
Hmmm,

When you say version, do you mean one with a different name or an update to the current app?
Well... yes. :)

That is to say, it's an update of sorts, but with a new name. It's called "Tapatalk 2".

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Lioness

Jason

Founder
There's also been an update last night to the plug-in we run here, adding new features supported by that app.

Unfortunately, there's a bug in it (that has been reported to them) so I am awaiting an update on that.

Lioness

Banned - What an Asshat!
Well... yes. :)

That is to say, it's an update of sorts, but with a new name. It's called "Tapatalk 2".
Ah, yes. I seen that but I'm not paying for it. I prefer free. Thanks for pointing it out, though. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something different.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
There's also Tapatalk beta which currently is free but will likely become payware when it finishes beta, and will likely be renamed Tapatalk 4.

• Helpful

Jason

Founder
Version 1.8.0 release

Update Note:
  1. Support new topic notification for subscribed forum for xenforo 1.2.0 (push notification for new topic is displayed as push notification for replying subscribed thread currently)
  2. Support subscribe forum function for xenforo 1.2.0
  3. Support Xenforo tag push for xenforo 1.2.0
  4. Support mark conversation unread feature
  5. Support search user for app
  6. Support showing attachment in conversation
  7. Support guest report
  8. Support profile sync in sign in
  9. Support push control optimization for app
  10. Support ignore user feature
  11. Optimize sign in function
  12. Optimize update password function
  13. Fix one online member count incorrect problem
  14. Fix a conversation cannot open issue
  15. Fix member only cannot sign in and register problem
  16. Fix announcement open failure problem

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I think they think 3 is an unlucky number so they skipped it or it was another brilliant move by InternetBrands.... Ooops, my bad, it was "Forum Runner" that was purchased by InternetBrands.

Last edited:
  • 2LOL
Reactions: Jason and Lioness

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
It seems like they're having a sale on Tapatalk 4, its listing at 0.99 on Google play store, for one week only. I upgraded and so far it's quite usable. I really like their dark theme setting.

• 2Helpful
Reactions: Lioness and Jason

Lioness

Banned - What an Asshat!
Um, my app is telling me tapatalk has been disabled for this forum. Is it just my app being shitty or is it currently disabled?

Edited to add that I just found some thing that states the last update jacked up the app. It isn't functioning properly. Some forums aren't accessible and the app is crashing. This information was posted today. :(

Also, adding this is for the free and paid for app. I have an iphone. I'm not sure if it is universal for android users.

Last edited:
  • Helpful

Jason

Founder
Um, my app is telling me tapatalk has been disabled for this forum. Is it just my app being shitty or is it currently disabled?

Edited to add that I just found some thing that states the last update jacked up the app. It isn't functioning properly. Some forums aren't accessible and the app is crashing. This information was posted today. :(

Also, adding this is for the free and paid for app. I have an iphone. I'm not sure if it is universal for android users.
...and now?