WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Offbeat Teacher Tells Kids To Fight!!!!!!

Insanitee

I know where you live!
A special education teacher in Lakewood Middle School encouraged his emotionally troubled students to wrestle and fight to quell their misbehavior, a near-daily ritual that eventually led to one student being stabbed in an after-school altercation, the district alleges in tenure charges made public Friday.

John Griso of Brick, a district teacher since 2000, would let students “punch and/or bully other students” and should be fired for conduct unbecoming a teacher, charges recently filed with the state Office of Administrative Law allege.

“Mr. Griso and Mr. (Daniel) Van Kruiningen (a teacher’s aide) are not only aware of said situation but actually foster and encourage said behavior,” the charges state.

What a stupid teacher!

Question: Has a teacher ever told/let you do anything that could lead to something crazy happening?

Source:http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050611/NEWS/506110360

I once asked my teacher if I could throw away a finished and marked art assignment. She said I could do it if she didn't see me, or I would lose marks. WTF? So you're telling me to go against you? And why would she take marks off for throwing it away anyhow?

Insanitee

I know where you live!
Yea, at Middletown High, RI, I had a teacher that used to come out and smoke with us. Then, at assembly would give speaches on how it was banned and really bad for your heath. One of us would occasionally get kicked out when we cracked up laughing!

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
The teacher told the kids to fight... but didn't supply the weapons?

For shame.

bnccoder

Postaholic
The coaches would always tell us to wrestle it out. It never caused anyone to get stabbed.

Signify

Particinator
teachers have always told me to solve my own problems. so when my shoe gets thrown on top of the school, what do i do? Why, i climb on top of the school of course, and get suspended for the last few days. HURRAY!

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
when I was in gradeschool, a teacher sat back and watched me and another kid fight it out in the class without breaking it up.. mostly cause the kid I was punching in the balls and headslamming into an oak door was a class bully and deserved it...

Insanitee

I know where you live!
I seen a female English teacher slap one of our gym teachers in the food hall... All these crazy rumors went around about why, and the end conclusion was they were dating are he cheated on her.

Ctoit

Tenderony
oh look...........and there went your point