WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Music Techno-Trance Songs

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Anyone know some good hard-pounding bass techno/trance songs?
Or maybe some rap?

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Try pretty much anything from the Dust Brothers, The Stickmen, or BT.
Or if you want straight up dizzy techno get some Richie Hawtin aka "Plasticman"

Just please don't buy any CD's labled "Rave till Dawn" or "Ultimate Dance Tracks" I hate that cheesy handbag shit.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
lol thanks break, And I never buy that cheesey shit :p

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
trance is great...i got about at least 600 songs of it

yea i got BT's emotional technology and just got Rare & Remixed
great stuff

plus now i have Best of Trance vol. 1, 2, 3, and 4
and from those i find the good songs and their original cd's and get them

paul oakenfold is great too, i got about 12 cd's of his :)

breakology

Kiss my Converse
I still like florida breaks, funky house, and speed garage. I can't seem to let go of the mid 90's. As for rap, I don't think to highly of it. I still like Hip Hop, although I find a lot of people can't make the distinction between the two.

Jung

???
Premium
smoke-it said:
Anyone know some good hard-pounding bass techno/trance songs?
Or maybe some rap?
i know you didn't specifically ask for breaks or dnb. i'm assuming you, like most prople, are generalizing techno and trance, so here are some links to some mix sets.

www.hybridized.org - check out the hybrid, grey area and nubreed sets they're progressive breaks
www.skool.us/download - our local site, progressive/nu skool breaks(check out the quann mixes;)) the dekane mix is house(ick):)
www.nubreaks.com - nu skool breaks
www.nuskoolbreaks.co.uk more nu skool breaks
http://noladnb.com/tunes - another local site, jungle and drum and bass
http://www.dnbscene.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=17 - dnb mixes
http://www.nu-urbanmusic.co.uk/radio - dnb/jungle

breakology said:
I still like florida breaks
god, i thought we got away from that awful craze in 00. no good breaks production has ever come from florida save for electro. we call it cheese breaks here, it gets no play and no respect. i'm fully tired of hearing poor production quality and booty club remixes.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
hey thanks man, that shits tight.

frgrbrgr

Clitpickle
hey yeah i love techno. i suggest anything by laydee jane, or this UK dude named Pilchard. They're both awesome.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
junglizm said:
god, i thought we got away from that awful craze in 00. no good breaks production has ever come from florida save for electro. we call it cheese breaks here, it gets no play and no respect. i'm fully tired of hearing poor production quality and booty club remixes.

LOLLL!!! it was a craze in 2000? who knew! I was talking more 95-99 era, but I know EXACTLY what you mean by super-cheese breaks. I used to spin breaks back in cleveland a few years back, it was the funky hard hitting stuff, sometimes winding down to electro. I was very popular with all the B-Boys in the area because all the other dj's were either dave ralph clones, or the next bad boy bill/richard "humpty" vision wannabe's.

Then suddenly, right around 2000 i believe, everything from florida became a trance varient of some kind, I blame kimball collins, and hudi hudia, lol.

My wife is still a hardcore D&B hound and Junglebunny. I have a small collection of older stuff, mostly jump-up and jazz-step, but I only ever made mixes for her.

Jung

???
Premium
huda hudia. you're right though 93-99 was a way better era for the florida scene, albeit still cheese. i like some breaks from florida, just not "florida breaks, if that makes sense. brad smith, urban j, rick west, auratek and a few others are pushing the nu skool/nu electro sound that i like a lot. i'm more into uk breaks and dnb/jungle though, but i do like some progressive breaks. bassbin twins is playing here in a few weeks i can't wait, they always put on a great live show. i spin breaks and jungle mostly, i'm not much into the generic dnb (trance and bass) garbage that's the rage right now. the dnb i like is more along the lines of paradox, fanu, tech itch, 0=0 type stuff. i mostly listen to jungle though, i love amen mashups. which reminds me.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
My wife just got a hold of some of Icey's new stuff (no idea how new, as far as I know it could 2 years old, lol) she can't seem to get enough of that for now. There is a track called "battlezone" she sent me that was pretty good.

I have kind of lost touch with anything new on the jungle side. The last show I went to was to see DJ Krush (right after his release of Warhead) along with Tech itch & decoder. I always like 3D & phantom 45 as well. A lot of the stuff I own on wax is aphrodite, urban takedown, E-Z rollerz, and some really old school stuff from fresh cut. That may sound like cheese now, but it was the shit when it was all new back in 96-99 timeframe.

Jung

???
Premium
i've never liked jump up(clownstep), the drum programming sucks imo. the only icey i still have are some old "icee"(before he was icey) plates on tree records. icey's new production isn't to my liking and his dj'ing skill are horrible. i do enjoy his old production though, pre "this is how my drummer drums" crap. i'm a religios follower of tech itch records, i have white labels and promos from as far back as 92 and almost every penetration picture disc to date.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
junglizm said:
i've never liked jump up, the drum programming sucks.
Mostly true, lol ... but I remimber when almost EVERYTHING on wax was selling, and A LOT of it was pure shit. I used to see kids in record stores buying up everything that DJ "owns 1200's" just put down. The entire scene pretty much died in cleveland, and in the the mid-west in general. I blame really, really, really shitty music for most of that.

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
heres a great 1.

petshopboys! 2pac - changes

Jung

???
Premium
i didn't like the track or the album.