WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Techno?

hoffy

joshhoffy
so i started this thread to clarify a question off mine. TECHNO. who likes it? i rekon it rocks but most of ma mates dont and its the same with heavy metal. i like all the most of the songs by Korn slipknot disturbed mudvyne system of a down any band like that. i rekon thay rule. just wanted so see what all you guys and gurzl think? :confused:

tonymontana

Tony Montana
hoffy said:
so i started this thread to clarify a question off mine. TECHNO. who likes it? i rekon it rocks but most of ma mates dont and its the same with heavy metal. i like all the most of the songs by Korn slipknot disturbed mudvyne system of a down any band like that. i rekon thay rule. just wanted so see what all you guys and gurzl think? :confused:

A lot of my Mates are in to Techno, but personally, I think it's the greatest load o' balls I ever heard!! Heavy Metal..... :thumbsup: :thumbsdn: (Not too heavy, Slipknot would be a bit too ridiculous for my taste, but Korn, I can handle).... So now ya know ;)

Jung

???
Premium
I hate people who call electronic music techo.

jamesp

In Memory...
Yeah, its electronica douchebag. Or my personal favorite, hard house trance.

Jung

???
Premium
Techo is a specific genre of electronic music, like “detroit techno” or “acid techno” it’s not a broad base generalization of all electronic music. Stop calling electronic music techno. That’s like calling any music made with a guitar “rock.”

My favorites are Nu Skool/UK Breaks, Electro Breaks, Progressive, Drum and Bass, 2 Step, Jungle and Trip Hop. Those are all pretty wide genres, but I see no point in categorizing them any further, especially in light of you saying “techno” to refer to all electronic music.

If you want to learn something about electronic music, check out this link.

I have some mixes and original tracks/remixes I've done here, if anyone is interested. (Check out Outcry if you like heavy metal. (Dark Step is the heavy metal of electronic music. :) ))

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Jung, you've got some sort of super doo dad link that I can't click on..... the words "this link" turn red when I put my cursor on them, but nothing more. I lose at the internettingwebhighway.

Jung

???
Premium
Eh, I’ve never been much for house or trance; I love my broken beats.

Descent

Hella Constipated
hoffy said:
I enjoy both heavy Metal and Techno. Right now I'm listening to DJ Draconum's "Sonic 3 - Ice Cap Trance Mix."

And when I say "heavy metal," please omit the word's "Slipknot" and "Korn," they blow goat testicles compared to what's really out there.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
According to Jung's guide, I like Electro Funk, New Jack Swing, Expermental Hip-Hop, Disco, New Wave, Synthpop, G-Funk, New Jack Swing, 2-Step Garage, etc.

Mostly the ones that have the least to do with "techno".

hoffy

joshhoffy
i had a look at that guide and i its pritty snazy lol but the techno im talkin bout is the albums like skitzmix 1 through to 20 by nick skitz that type of techno lol:)

keebs

Particinator
i like techno, but i must say i like trance better, but if im listening to techno, im not going to pretty happy, the main problem with liking techno/trance in america is its not as popular and so all the cds are import and cost a lot more.