WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

TechTV is gone. FOREVER *CRIES*!

Descent

Hella Constipated
I have my DirecTV box set up to watch The Screen Savers, because that was before 2004, and the show totally kicked ass. I never, ever, reprogrammed it.

I powered it on because I'm tripping on Ambien and I needed my Shadow Squadron fix...32X-GO!

Just ten minutes ago, my TV heated up, defaulted to channel 3, and I saw the new scratchy G4 logo, with no TechTV. I'm like, THAT DON'T MEAN NOTHIN'!

Well, it did. My Hughes DirecTV box broke my heart, my onscreen guide said "G4" as opposed to "G4TV."

And, uh...Google cause it too. Yeah.

So there you have it, the end of an era. Call for Help is still being broadcast, WITH NEW SHOWS!, in Canada, so please, give it a go.

It's the end of an era folks. ZDTV became TechTV, TechTV became TechTV minus some geekyness (Ver. 2.0), and TechTV 2.0 became G4CrapTV, that was then officially named to G4.

TechTV, you will be sorely missed :(. I WANT MARTIN SARGEANT, SUMI DAS, PATRICK NORTON, NON-RETARDED MORGAN WEBB AND ADAM SESSLER, AND HUGE ASS FUCKING PLANES WITH BIG ASS FUCKING BOMBS AND SHIT!

Fuck Comcast. I'm listening to Mr. Laporte's PodCast right now.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Descent said:
TechTV, you will be sorely missed :(. I WANT MARTIN SARGEANT, SUMI DAS, PATRICK NORTON, NON-RETARDED MORGAN WEBB AND ADAM SESSLER, AND HUGE ASS FUCKING PLANES WITH BIG ASS FUCKING BOMBS AND SHIT!

Fuck Comcast. I'm listening to Mr. Laporte's PodCast right now.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i could agree with you more. i hate G4TV, and i am very angry to hear this. :mad:

hells yes! patrick and leo were the dream team for the screen savers. the only two left morgan and adam are the only thing that even resembles techtv and they werent the best when it was techtv. x play is the only show i watch on there. i never really watched it when it was on. screw you tommy and vinny or whatever your name is, you guys suck!

great post!

Easty

Click click boom
G4 all the way. sorry, i just love videogames

sessler's a fucking idiot

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Forgive me, for I am confused.

Not being a tech junkie, nor a TV enthusiast... I wonder... See I recall watching a channel called TechTV not too long ago (maybe 2 weeks?), my suite had the TV turned to that channel and I simply stumbled upon it.

So, is it that within 2 or so weeks this channel went the way of the dodo?

Descent

Hella Constipated
TBSRK, it was bought by Comcast in June 2004.

Jung

???
Premium
tbsrk said:
Forgive me, for I am confused.

Not being a tech junkie, nor a TV enthusiast... I wonder... See I recall watching a channel called TechTV not too long ago (maybe 2 weeks?), my suite had the TV turned to that channel and I simply stumbled upon it.

So, is it that within 2 or so weeks this channel went the way of the dodo?
You must either really be enjoying your time at college, or have no concept of time. Tech TV has been G4 for a year now.

G4 sucks. I still like X Play, but all the other shows are pretty crappy, and get re-ran every week. Icons was interesting for a few weeks, but then I saw every unique show that the had produced, now it's nothing but re-reruns. AOTS replaced what was left of The Screen Savers, and it's all stupid "dark tips," links from ebay and catch phrases from various forums. And I swear, they show you how to crack a windows password on like every single show. At least Patrick and Leo did interesting pieces about actually interesting technology.

I also miss "The Tech of," Tech Live and Future Fighting Machines. The killed all the decent shows and replaced them with re-reruns of marginal and repetitive gaming shows. Surely, even the hard core gamer fan boys can't like G4.

Easty

Click click boom
there are 2 good things about x play.

1. morgan webb-very hot
2. the reviews

sessler needs to be dumped, he tries too hard.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
I think you need to give the station more time to develope new shows and things.

I love ATOS

bnccoder

Postaholic
TSS was the shit. Call for help is good, but G4 fucked up the channel when it took over.

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
I think you need to give the station more time to develope new shows and things.

I love ATOS
It's been a year, how much time do they need? They don't need to "develop new shows and things" they already had great shows, and a good following.

Their network isn't geared towards technology anymore, and I doubt they'll be developing any new shows in that vein. G4 is a "network for gamers" or something...

It's like turning Slashdot into the IGN forums. :rolleyes:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Haiku of Tech TV

Morgan Webb's cans huge
I like to watch Tech TV
Huge cans of Morgan

Descent

Hella Constipated
MaxPower said:
Haiku of Tech TV

Morgan Webb's cans huge
I like to watch Tech TV
Huge cans of Morgan

LMFAO! Repped.

I agree with everyone that said that the old school Tech TV was da bomb. I used to watch almost everything on that channel before it was corrupted. It seems like everything is becoming corrupt. MTV, MTV2, and Fuse used to play nothing but music videos with an occassional show in between. Now, it is nothing but reality tv shows. Dammit, the world is ending!