WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Telemarketers II

pimpyobitch

Banned - What an Asshat!
412
0
0
#1
Now this other company (charter) whom I go though for phone,cable tv, and internet, keeps calling my house. I dont know why they're trying to sell stuff to me when I already have everything they sell. I mean geez we already spend like $60 on digital cable, another $40 for internet and im not aware how much the phone is but damn, I would think for buying that much shit that they could at least leave me alone. Damn the fuckers. Now im thinking of a way to keep them from calling. Last time with the MCI thing I always hung up but that didnt matter. Ended up emailing them and that ended up working.
 

G's-up

Postaholic
2,625
0
0
#3
pimpyobitch said:
Now this other company (charter) whom I go though for phone,cable tv, and internet, keeps calling my house. I dont know why they're trying to sell stuff to me when I already have everything they sell. I mean geez we already spend like $60 on digital cable, another $40 for internet and im not aware how much the phone is but damn, I would think for buying that much shit that they could at least leave me alone. Damn the fuckers. Now im thinking of a way to keep them from calling. Last time with the MCI thing I always hung up but that didnt matter. Ended up emailing them and that ended up working.
There is a national DO NOT CALL list that you can get on....also when they call you all you have to do is tell them "dont call me again Im not interested" and by law they are suppose to not call you anymore......it usually works for me but the national do not call list also works....... :)
 

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
2,301
55
112
#4
G-string said:
There is a national DO NOT CALL list that you can get on....also when they call you all you have to do is tell them "dont call me again Im not interested" and by law they are suppose to not call you anymore......it usually works for me but the national do not call list also works....... :)
and if they call when your on the do not call list you ask for the company info and press charges:) i did and the havent called fo like 3 months
 

G's-up

Postaholic
2,625
0
0
#5
youknowthedeal said:
and if they call when your on the do not call list you ask for the company info and press charges:) i did and the havent called fo like 3 months
Damn I didnt know that.....You can also put a block on your phone that you have to pay for that keeps them out.......thats what we do......
 

pimpyobitch

Banned - What an Asshat!
412
0
0
#6
G-string said:
There is a national DO NOT CALL list that you can get on....also when they call you all you have to do is tell them "dont call me again Im not interested" and by law they are suppose to not call you anymore......it usually works for me but the national do not call list also works....... :)

Im on the no call list, yet they still keep calling.
 
#7
telemarketers actually make me happy. ;) I let all my anger out on them. a whole lot cheaper than a shrink! Fuck the telemarketers! :mfinger:
 

G's-up

Postaholic
2,625
0
0
#8
pimpyobitch said:
Im on the no call list, yet they still keep calling.
Dude all ya gotta do is tell them that you are not interested and if they call you again you are taking legal action and make sure you tell them to take you off of their list.......that usually works bcs you can take legal action at that point and they know it.....
 

hollystar

Flame Bait
7
0
0
#9
they're not too bad. Well, all but the ones you can't understand then they make you repeat what you're saying, which i believe it a conspiracy against telemarketing victims to keep them on the phone longer. Damned accents. Fuck that. I just don't answer. Sure, I miss a few calls (bastards should leave messages), but, over all, I'm teh win.
 

magnolia

Postaholic
4,093
61
112
#10
I like to play with telemarketers. It's fun to waste their time. Mwahaha
yes, this is the woman of the house. Uh huh, yeah? Really?! So would you like us to add you to our list of customers? Well, no. Cuz I'm not 18. Hahaha. They get so mad and hang up right away. :D
 

pimpyobitch

Banned - What an Asshat!
412
0
0
#11
I should just tell them to not call or ill sue. If they end up calling im getting me a lawyer. I could always use the money.
 

G's-up

Postaholic
2,625
0
0
#13
I tell ya something thats cool....I saw on the news that you can actually make a little bit of money off of telemarketers......what you do is there is some website you log onto (sorry dont know the name) and you can have them call you between whatever hours you like and you listen to their speil (sp?) and then you go back on line and log in the code they give you and you can make like 25 cents or more each call.....by the end of the month you could make an extra couple hundred bucks.....sorry I dont have more info but its a great idea.....
 

Sektor

Particinator
662
0
0
#14
Every time a telemarketer calls, either have some fun with them, i.e. play with their minds somehow or simply vent your anger on them.

May not necessarily be a solution, but it's funny to see their reaction. :sword: :gun:
 

pimpyobitch

Banned - What an Asshat!
412
0
0
#15
Thats got to be one of the worse job ever. Then again the work is easy and pay is probaly good.
 

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
2,561
0
0
#16
Yes, but that job is just like this site, if you can't take the heat, just stay away from the fire. In that job, you will get tons of flames.
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
165
157
#17
One Word!

ONE WORD. TELEZAPPER. Buy one of those. It deletes your number from their computers, and in a while the calls will almost cease. Or you could just be like Jim Florentine, get really good at playing with their heads, then make a CD of it and sell it...I love his "Terrorizing Telemarketers" CD. It makes me laugh with glee.
 
#18
Pimpybitch - telemarketing is an EASY job? Do you think that you and all the cool people on this board are the only ones who hate telemarketers? Do you imagine that there are telemarketing "regulars", like maybe retired grandmothers, who are exciting about telemarketing calls?

NO! There are no regulars! EVERYONE hates fucking telemarketers! EVERYONE says no the first time, it's the telemarketer's job to squeeze out a yes from a big bag of overcalled, resistant, tired, pricks! How could you think that sitting on your ass listening to people's problems all day and how much they hate you and people like you could be easy? And FYI: the pay sucks ass to all but the top 10%.

I once worked as a telemarketer. If you specifically say "Take me off your list forever", they are obligated by law to remove you. If that doesn't work, add "or I will press charges."