WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Telemarketers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaFfLeS

Banned - What an Asshat!
Can't live with them, sure as hell can live without them. God, damn I just got a call from some bitch asking for a $100 donation for kids with aids. This is exactly what I said.

Listen, first of all, I can't afford to make that donation, but you could give me your home phone number and I'll call you back! Long pause...I hang up.

What's your experience with telemarketers? Any tips on what to say? What's your funniest telemarketer experience?

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
I have caller ID, so I just pick up whenever i know who it is. Sometimes if they keep calling and calling I will pick it up and yell fuck off and don't call back. :thumbsup:

bnccoder

Postaholic
I make them explain the situation for hours, then tell them that I'm not interested.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
If it's a girl, start flirting with her. She'll be kinda lost.

Actually, if it's a guy, flirt with him as well. LOL he will never call you again :thumbsup:

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
I don't work with the males coz I used to be one.

...I mean, telemarketers. Yeah. Used to do it, so I know what to say and how to fuck with them. But I never get called coz I only have a cell phone.

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
I just pick up the phone, then hang it right back up, uses their fuckin money.

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
No it doesn't... besides, then it's just re-scheduled for a callback. You got phowned.

rcarhar said:
No it doesn't... besides, then it's just re-scheduled for a callback. You got phowned.

hahahhahahaah.

I never tried those little mind games with them. i should one day.

Sektor

Particinator
I'll answer the phone in Spanish, speak with a Colombian accent, and have friends in the background talking about drugs and shit.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Well, since their jobs tend to suck ass anyway I just ask them not to call back. It's not like they enjoy their work.

And if you've never worked in a call center you probably don't realize but swearing at them just makes their day. They play "insult bingo".

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
rcarhar said:
ROFFELLLS! this guys funney

Slacker

Postaholic
i will answer in a arabian voice and say "this is McDonalds how may i help you?" and then after they start talking a bout their prduct i will say " do you want fries with that?" it is so fuckin hilarious

Insanitee

I know where you live!
Hehehee!!!!

:mad:

If your not waiting for a call, let them chat a bit, then say your interested in a donation/purchase [whateva] ! Tell them you just gotta go get ur check book/credit card, and let the phone hang... Come back every five minutes and reasure them ur still looking! I've had a chick on the phone like this for over 20 mins b4 she cracked it and hung up : use speaker phone : it's funny listening tio the weird mumbbles that come outa their mouth after a few minuites....

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
no matter what the telemarketer say, say "why?" in a very inquisitive honest voice.

keebs

Particinator
When i get a telemarketer, i will always start hitting on them and saying dirty things to them(ex. one of my favorite is i ask them to have my baby) and needless to say when you do this, they get freacked out or pissed and will hang up. good times.

I pick up, and I listen to what they have to say - after awhile of listening; and me saying "nnn hmm" "ohhh, okay" "allright"... I hang up the phone very quietly. They'll feel really stupid when they hear the dial tone...

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
i just tell em "hold on one sec" and leave the phone for like 20 min...

Status
Not open for further replies.