WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Discuss Terror

Do you think financial institutions are really in danger?

• Yes

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Terrorists are more likely to strike somewhere else

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • There will be no major terror attacks on the US committed by someone other than the US.

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters

Pachyderm

I really did.
Do you think Financial institutions are really in danger?

Pachyderm

I really did.
I don't think anything is going to happen and if I worked at a major branch/headquarters, I don't think I would be too concerned. I think officials are doing this to make it so Americans believe we are in danger but Bush has kept it from not happening. If something doesn't happen, will Bush say he prevented it?

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Pachyderm said:
I don't think anything is going to happen and if I worked at a major branch/headquarters, I don't think I would be too concerned. I think officials are doing this to make it so Americans believe we are in danger but Bush has kept it from not happening. If something doesn't happen, will Bush say he prevented it?
Either some shit is coming down in the financial world, or it's a good fake and they're planning to hit something else...

Well I sorta doubt there will be any terrorist attacks on anything any time soon... the best possible result for them is for the country to be worrying and as soon as we stop worrying hit us again...

Descent

Hella Constipated
Personally I think it's just a play to win voters over. It's just there to remind simpletons about the "magnificent" handling of 9/11.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
jstager said:
Personally I think it's just a play to win voters over. It's just there to remind simpletons about the "magnificent" handling of 9/11.
Word

Belerphon

The Spoony Bard
Financial institutions really ARE in danger.. but it's not the Human terrorists thats going to be the problem... You see, for the past 15 years, the US congress has been conspiring with another race of otherworldly otherworlders. *shiftey eyes* i've been on to them for years. i know all their secrets. *nod nod*

Can you imagine working at the following company? It has a little over 500 employees with the following statistics:

* 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
* 7 have been arrested for fraud
* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
* 117 have bankrupted at least two businesses
* 3 have been arrested for assault
* 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
* 14 have been arrested on drug related charges
* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
* 21 are current defendants in lawsuits
* In 1998 alone, 84 were stopped for drunk driving

Can you guess which organization this is?

It's the 535 members of your United States Congress. The same group that perpetually cranks out hundreds upon hundreds of new laws designed to keep the rest of us in line.

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
Financial Institutions in trouble? Please. I believe that because of these institutions we are at war. Who can afford to loose out on the billions of dollars on scarce...untapped oil fields that yeild many years of supply. As far as them tying in with other smaller institutions back in the U.S. They all get a peice of the pie. These are huge conglomerates run and operate our gov't. They are in one way or another tied into each other.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
i really dont know if the u.s. is in trouble

User_Name

The Ultimate Asshole
I think we should be alert, yet not worried. If we are worried, the terrorist have succeeded in their goals. If we aren't alert, though, they may strike again like 9/11. We should be ready, but not let them see us sweat.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Beh...

Bush is trying to spread fear, so he can get re-elected...

Hell, if 9/11 hadn't happened, would anybody be considering re-electing him?

User_Name

The Ultimate Asshole
Yeah, he probably is. I think he sucks, but we still can't let our gaurd down completely. Our gaurd was down when 9/11 happened, even though there was a report filed to Condolisa Rise entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Attack inside US"! We can't be so overconfident as to assume that we are immune to terrorism.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
otepsoul said:
i really dont know if the u.s. is in trouble
Gee, thank you for sharing with us what you don't know. Everyone in the forum is now dumber for having read what you wrote.

I think the financial institutions are definitely "in danger" of being attacked in the same way anything else is. How much danger is that? I think that all depends on who the governing powers decide they want to allow to be hit. I wouldn't be surprised, since this is an election year, if there was soem huge news story about hostages being held in a large building somewhere by terrorists and then having US sharp-shooters "come to the rescue" at the order of our wonderful "Commander-in-Chief".

User_Name

The Ultimate Asshole
Yeah, he pulled some other shit that's almost just as bad. A lot of people would be suprised at the shit that people pull in politics.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
User_Name said:
Yeah, he probably is. I think he sucks, but we still can't let our gaurd down completely. Our gaurd was down when 9/11 happened, even though there was a report filed to Condolisa Rise entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Attack inside US"! We can't be so overconfident as to assume that we are immune to terrorism.
http://www.willthomas.net/911/911_Cover_Up.htm

Right right, guard down.

And Skitch, more likely is that they'll "find" Osama.

pimpyobitch

Banned - What an Asshat!
I think it is some what true, but more so feel, its a way to get a few more votes in the election.

R

RedOctober

Well... It's pretty confusing...
There were elections in Spain.. And there was a bomb attack in Madrid.
Very strange! Any goofy muslim would know that the right wing government would disappear, because the Spanish people really was disgusted about Aznar's political adventure. That sucker wanted to be on the same photo with Bush. To show his kiddies, when he is grandpa. Great!
Well.. Why was there a bomb attack then?
I live in Europe, so I pretty well know there is a connection between the ETA and the IRA. And the Ira has connections with the American military.
Some terrorism advisors (!) operate together with Americans in far off lands to get their soul whitened after their rude life as an Irish terrorist.
So it wouldn't be so difficult to stage a bomb attack in Spain by getting some muslim motherfuckers to plant rucksacks with bombs.
How the hell do Maroccan dumbfucks get the material anyway?
So I think it was a staged crime. To get the Spaniards to vote for the conservatives. The same happens in Israel all the time.
(Hamas is lead by the Mossad)
But the Spanish people said Fuck you, and voted for a left wing government.

It is illogical for the so called "Al Qaeda" to put bombs in American buildings just before the elections. Amaricans are not Spanish, so they would vote in favor of Bush in that case.
And that's why I think, that the so called "Al Qaeda" will hit some target.
(c) CIA & Friends

:D

morelos

lexicon incognito
here are the realistic possibilities:

1) terrorist attack "thwarted" right before election day
2) osama "found, captured" right before election day
3) terrorist threat "imminent" right before election day; election postponed

~ dan ~

i was right about saddam, and i'll be right about one of these things.