WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Terry Shiavo Poll

Should they keep her on a machine to keep her alive?

• Yes, because she might come back.

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • No, because it is stupid and she is already dead anyway.

Votes: 39 79.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
Ok, I know there is already a thread started on this topic. I just want to know what you people here think should be done. Just vote and give your explanation.

I think they should just go ahead and let her die. She is nothing more than a vegitable with no thoughts, no feelings, no sight or sound. She is already dead in my opinion and why should you keep a dead person alive?

she wants to die! god... i think they should let her die. they should at least let her smoke pot so she feels a little better lol

Cuddles said:
I think they should just go ahead and let her die. She is nothing more than a vegitable with no thoughts, no feelings, no sight or sound. She is already dead in my opinion and why should you keep a dead person alive?
Whoa hold the phone! I agree with Cuddles. I agree 100% with you Cuddles. Her mind is dead she can't think. It is like keeping a corpse alive.
I thought this day would never come I pos. repped Cuddles.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
I hate the FCC said:
Whoa hold the phone! I agree with Cuddles. I agree 100% with you Cuddles. Her mind is dead she can't think. It is like keeping a corpse alive.
I thought this day would never come I pos. repped Cuddles.
Thanks; I also think that it is a waste of air and good hospital rooms. I mean if they keep doing like what they are doing to Terry with other people, there wouldn't be any hospital room space left for people who really need them.

Cuddles, the truth is we don't know the right answer. We can only guess as to what the right thing to do is and hope we're right. You've seen the videos ? Shes far from a vegetable. She is a human being, a woman, a daughter, and this isnt something to taken lightly or be flippant about.

We'd better be damned sure before we start throwing lives away. You're argument that she's wasting a hospital room seems a bit callous and perhaps that is'nt your intention however that's the way it comes across.

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
I think that they should allow her to die but I think that making her die by starvation is a little sick. I can't imagine how it feels to go that long without food. I saw on the news that they expect her to live up to 14 days without food! Can you imagine what the hell that must feel like? I agree that they should let her die but, give her a fuckin' lethal amount of morphine or something. Starving her to death is just fucking wrong.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
concepts said:
Cuddles, the truth is we don't know the right answer. We can only guess as to what the right thing to do is and hope we're right. You've seen the videos ? Shes far from a vegetable. She is a human being, a woman, a daughter, and this isnt something to taken lightly or be flippant about.

We'd better be damned sure before we start throwing lives away. You're argument that she's wasting a hospital room seems a bit callous and perhaps that is'nt your intention however that's the way it comes across.
Well I can see it is like I said she is already dead. Her brain is dead, except for the part that is controlling her organs. There is no way anyone can fix a brain and make someone come back to life with their same memories. All I can say is that she has been like this for what 10 years now and there was no hope then and there is no hope now. 10 years is way too much and it is time for her to go.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
edub1371 said:
I think that they should allow her to die but I think that making her die by starvation is a little sick. I can't imagine how it feels to go that long without food. I saw on the news that they expect her to live up to 14 days without food! Can you imagine what the hell that must feel like? I agree that they should let her die but, give her a fuckin' lethal amount of morphine or something. Starving her to death is just fucking wrong.
Dude, she can't feel anything. So by taking the feeding tube out, it is not going to hurt her other than finnishing off her death she already has.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
now hold the phone, listen, her husband didnt want her to die until she got the million dollars for the malpractice. so yeah, i dont know

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
YUCK FOU!!! said:
now hold the phone, listen, her husband didnt want her to die until she got the million dollars for the malpractice. so yeah, i dont know
Um, actually he has been trying to get her feeding tube removed for over 8 years.

On other news, the courts mad a decision that the feeding tube not be replaced.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
She's not on a machine, duh.

It's a feeding tube.

How would you feel if it was your child?

How would you feel if it was you wife or husband?

We really can't judge this.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
If my child was on a feeding tube for 13 years, and there was little hope for a real life, I would let God take them home. Why? Imagine 13 years of not being able to move, in the same room day in and day out. A prisoner of your own mind and body. Never to have kids or play baseball or anything. Its sickening and sad. Let the woman go!

What is even more sickening and sad is that this is no longer a private family case. It is a media case being used by our government to promote federal control over private matters.

Sad. its just fucking sad.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
it's a funny thing. she specifically said she did not want to be kept alive if she ever was in a hopeless situation such as this. In most other nations she would probably be allowed to die respectably but in America a persons right to deny medical care apparently is now limited to if you have the capacity to deny it at the time. enough on that...

now her parents want to keep her alive on the idea that somewhere in her mellon her intelegence and personality are still there.. working and watching from afar. Now, I would think that if a person had thier mind still in there somewhere while being able to do nothing but drool, giggle, and shit themselves, that after years(such as in this case) they would of totally lost thier minds. If she ever is restored she will be some kind of veg anyway having lost all her wits. or a screaming raving lunatic. If she is still in there, they only torture her untill her eventual death by keeping her alive on a tube..

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
the real funny thing is that she didnt want to die until 8 years after the accident and her husband got all that money. its kind of funny how long it takes a person to remember oh yeh my wife said she wanted to die. i mean all he really wants is for his one true love to be happy, which is why he went off and found another woman and had children, but luckily he got divorced right? no!. its really sad that it breaks down to trash like this controlling her. if she dies do you know where her money goes? coincidentally to him. im not saying that this guy is in it for the money, but there are a lot of coincidences and circumstances that add up to something

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
NaughtyGirl21 said:
Ok, I know there is already a thread started on this topic. I just want to know what you people here think should be done. Just vote and give your explanation.

If I'm not mistaken, she's been on life support since 1990. It's 15 years later. Remind me why we give a fuck.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
WizardlyFriend said:
if she dies do you know where her money goes? coincidentally to him. im not saying that this guy is in it for the money, but there are a lot of coincidences and circumstances that add up to something
Yeah, coincidentally her medical bills as well as his attorney's bills... they go to him too. Hmmmm... So he gets a million dollars when she kicks off. (Actually he already got a million.) Now he gets a bill for TWENTY FIVE legal cases AND 15 years of intensive care...

Yeah, he's a gready fucker... all that debt he's going into without sharing it with anyone else. And to think, he could have divorced her, taken the money he already won and left her folks with the bills... that evil fuck!

tzedek

Original Member
edub1371 said:
A common misconception is that starvation/dehydration is a painful death. This is of course wrong. LinkRead more if you dont believe me. Also, you have to be in a mental state that allows you to recognize and register pain, to be in pain. She is not. So even if this were a painful death, she wouldnt "feel" it anyway.

Kavu_DX

What the hell!!!!
let the bitch die, it is what she wants... mr. fuck faggot aka bush´s brother dont have to stick his nose were people want to die...

tzedek

Original Member
Kavu_DX said:
let the bitch die, it is what she wants...
sure its what she wants but you dont have to be insulting

mr. fuck faggot aka bush´s brother dont have to stick his nose were people want to die...
This "sentence" reeks of ignorance. Much like that other fellow, you are the morons that make our side look bad.

Kavu_DX

What the hell!!!!
k sorry, i kinda stereotipied the forum before i really knew it, im going to be less ignorant and do less cussing from now on... dont worry...