Headlines Terry Shiavo Poll

Should they keep her on a machine to keep her alive?

• Yes, because she might come back.

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • No, because it is stupid and she is already dead anyway.

Votes: 39 79.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters

tzedek

Original Member
Well, if you want to look at it like that then it never mattered. I wouldnt be surprised if she went another few days.

fucktheliberals

Cheese Eater
Yeah i live in Florida and have to deal with shithead (Governor Bush) and his stupid rules all the time.I think they should just let her die.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
fucktheliberals said:
Yeah i live in Florida and have to deal with shithead (Governor Bush) and his stupid rules all the time.I think they should just let her die.

What kind of Right Wing Lunatic are you?
icon10.gif

Infidel

The Militia
voiceofreason said:
What kind of Right Wing Lunatic are you?
icon10.gif

He just bashed one of the Bush's.

You are not the voice of reason, you are not the bringer of order, get over yourself. Fucktheliberals definately seems left wing. I am right wing, there, now you know the difference.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Infidel said:

You are not the voice of reason, you are not the bringer of order, get over yourself. Fucktheliberals definately seems left wing. I am right wing, there, now you know the difference.

It's a joke, just relax....

Infidel

The Militia
voiceofreason said:
It's a joke, just relax....

RAR!!!!!!!

Back to the topic:

Everyone should mind their own business and not get involved with, or pay attention to, the Terri Shiavo Case. Congress should stay out of it.

MaxPower

Baba Yaga
Staff
UberSkippy said:
I'm kind of thinking he might be a Left Wing lunatic since he bad mouthed the right wing Bush.

Infidel said:

I believe he was making use of this brand new literary technique that I once heard about, I believe they call it "Sarcasm".

PantherNews

Newsroom Thats Pissed!!
This is a weird coincidence but as of right now me and my arguement and persuasion class is covering this topic. We had a debate yesterday about whether her feeding tube should have been removed and why or why not. Like I had said then, there is a distinct line between living and existing...and right now she is simply existing. Terry Schiavo, as a person (her personality, memories, etc), are gone and are dead. She is already dead, they just aren't letting her shell die. They have been dealing with this for 15 years and went through about 12 court cases over it. It is the husbands legal right to decide what happens in these types of situations anyway, so I dont see a case on the side of the parents at all. As far as im concerned they are just being selfish and keeping her alive just to make themselves happy, not for her (Terry). Every court case they've had the parents have lost. I forgot who it was but someone brought up the point that he waited 8 years to say that she wanted to die and they say that he did it for the money, well maybe he just hadn't moved on yet, maybe he still had hope 7 years ago for her. People criticize his moving on and getting another girlfriend and having children with her, well after 15 years I hope he had moved on. Maybe he finaly realized that there was no hope for her and decided to move on. He is still married to Terry because she was obviously unable to sign for a divorce, he is just trying to make a new life with his girlfriend. Maybe we should stop criticizing what he's doign until we've been in his situation.

asdalover

God, i'm bored!
Right, I actually think they should keep her alive. The reason for this is simple, its murder. If you/me/the person down the road, kept someone locked in a room and starved them, it would be classed as murder. They are keeping her locked in a room (they are not allowed to take her home) and are starving her, its the same. She cant feed herself but in anyother situation, you'd be at home with someone feeding you. If she isn't on any other machine apart from one that feeds surely home is the best place.

Also, her husband is shacked up with some other bird with children and yet still wants to kill her AND wants her burried away from her family. I'm not too sure whether he wants cremation or not but he should have handed his rights over as her next of kin as soon as he hopped in bed with that other woman. He's not her husband now, he's just after the money. Also, he should pay for her care. If he wants to be her next of kin then thats what he has to get as his reward. No doubt he'll ask the parents to chip in for the bills once she's finally passed away!

Descent

Hella Constipated
Asda said:
Right, I actually think they should keep her alive. The reason for this is simple, its murder. If you/me/the person down the road, kept someone locked in a room and starved them, it would be classed as murder. They are keeping her locked in a room (they are not allowed to take her home) and are starving her, its the same. She cant feed herself but in anyother situation, you'd be at home with someone feeding you. If she isn't on any other machine apart from one that feeds surely home is the best place.

Also, her husband is shacked up with some other bird with children and yet still wants to kill her AND wants her burried away from her family. I'm not too sure whether he wants cremation or not but he should have handed his rights over as her next of kin as soon as he hopped in bed with that other woman. He's not her husband now, he's just after the money. Also, he should pay for her care. If he wants to be her next of kin then thats what he has to get as his reward. No doubt he'll ask the parents to chip in for the bills once she's finally passed away!

I'm not even going to bother replying to this kind of post again. If you want to see my rationale as to why she should die, backtrack in the posts here. Tzedek sums it up quite nicely.

In an unconscious state, you can't feel pain. I would know, it's happened to me.

I went into shock after being kicked in the head. Two minutes of being unconscious. You remember twenty seconds of black, then you awake.

Your hearing fades in, then your vision. You can't move or feel anything. Then your nervous system comes back online and it hits you less hard then it originally did.

The human body goes into shock for a reason: sanity defense. Whilst unconscious, certain brain receptors do not function, such as the ones that feel pain.

I never even knew pro-life people existed in BRiTain.

P.S.: This is not a flame. I just don't want to repost anything.

Dave666

Pot-Head
I think they should have let her die 14 years ago this is a little ridiculous dragging it on for fifteen years. If I were her I would've wanted to die along time ago

Descent

Hella Constipated
therightiswrong said:
Michael Schiavo relative reports threat

Nice to see that the right to life people really value life, unless of course your opinion is different from theirs. Then the value of your life is squat!!

Word. Nothing like ignorant, redneck hicks.

I know they view the husband as a murderer. But their logic?

"KILL HIS FAMILY TOO! THEY ALSO MUST BE WORTHLESS!"

EDIT: The painting has Jesus' penis in it. I can't violate COPPA, thanks, Repubs!

I think that photo sums of the rationale of the red states pretty damn well...

tzedek

Original Member
asdalover said:
It's not murder. This reason it isnt murder is that it is her wish not to be kept on this machine.

wether he has moved on or not is irrelevant. You are trying to make him look ad by pointing this out, becuase you really have no argument. He is not a bad person, he is carrying out what her last wish is. If i were in the same situation, I would want my spouse to choose for me, regardless of that he is acting on what she declared she wanted to be done. To say he is "after the money" is ridiculous. He was offered 1 million dollars to give up his rights to her guardianship, and he turned that offer down. You are totally, completely wrong on all of your claims, and furthermore I would appreciate it if you dont ever post again. thanks