WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoso

Zappafied
i would like to start off by saying that if you live in texas, or have random pride in the culture and state of texas, please forgive me because you may not like me after this post...

i do not understand the mindset of these people and its driving me crazy!!! i moved to TX from VA in july for college. the first thing that a person said to me when i told them i was from VA was that i was just a stupid yankee. yep, these idiots around here beleive that the CAPITAL OF THE CONFEDERACY was a yankee state. ever order a drink in TX? if its a soda you have to tell them what kind of "coke" you want. yes, anything carbonated and that has more than one syllable in its name is coke. pepsi is referred to as coke, root beer, dr pepper... anything carbonated thats multi-syllable. is it so fruggin hard to say PEPSI?!?!?. i work at a grocery store and someone will say "hand me a coke" when u give them a coke, or as everyone else on the planet calls it, coca cola, they look at you like yur stupid... "um, i wanted a dr pepper." WHY couldnt u say that to begin with. and thats not just a couple people you meet. thats every native born texan that ive talked to. anyone know what a deal is? most people think its a bargain or agreement made between two parties. nope. not in texas. a deal is anything u want it to be. "hand me the deal please.", "do 'yall sell deals here?", "im lookin for one of those little deals that u put the stuff in..." cant u at least say things???!!!?!?! and to make it worse it sounds like they are saying "dill". EVERYTHING thats not texan is evil, and NOTHING about texas is bad according to these people. and GOD FORBID you pay a tax here. the schools are falling apart, the roads are shit, and state employees get paid virtually nothing, and without benefits. as a result there are corrupt police departments, and badly run state organizations. generally, i am conservative, but these people make me look like a flaming liberal. there is no income tax here and it may seem like more money to you, but everything else is crazy priced. to get my car registered in VA it costs around $12. here, over $120. and in VA, the roads are nicer, and the state programs are less corruptive. on top of everything else, they have a daytime speed limit, and a night-time speed limit. WTF?? i have by no means completed everything i hate about this state, but this forum is probably not long enough. many will probably tell me to go back to where i came from. the reasons im here are the only reasons i like this godforsaken state... and thats my girlfriend (5 years going strong... love you baby!!), and the cheapass tuition!!!!!!!!

um...good rant :thumbsup:

yeah i live in texas. but if you've been around the katy area or something, the school system is really really good, if not slightly unfair towards the intellectually challenged...the roads DO suck...and it's full of ignorant assholes...but it's a nice place to live...(if your in katy...)

Zoso

Zappafied
i live in wichita falls... this place sux balls!!!!

switch_scribe

dolor ex fides
Yes Texas is a strange place. We like it that way (except for all the Confederate shit and guns).

Keep Austin Weird!

It all depends on where you are in Texas. :thumbsup:

I understand what you're saying, but you can't stereotype a whole state. Not even if you do live there.

Yes, there are some fucked up mindsets around the state, but you'll find that in some form, everywhere you go.

Zoso

Zappafied
yeah, my mind is open enough to try living in a different place before overgeneralizing this state. im gonna try out austin for graduate school i think (UTA)

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Zoso said:
i live in wichita falls... this place sux balls!!!!
Wichita Falls! Son you are in Oklahoma. We traded it for Dr. Peppers in the 80’s.

Zoso

Zappafied
please... dublin TX.

anyways, ever been here before? sux doesnt it?

Infidel

The Militia
Taylor_Blade said:
It all depends on where you are in Texas. :thumbsup:

I understand what you're saying, but you can't stereotype a whole state. Not even if you do live there.

Yes, there are some fucked up mindsets around the state, but you'll find that in some form, everywhere you go.
Agreed. I could put out a case for having the Air Force bomb my state, but its just a few asshats out of the many. Ted Kaczynski was only one man, and the Freeman standoff was between the Feds and only a few freaks.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Zoso said:
please... dublin TX.

anyways, ever been here before? sux doesnt it?
Don't think so. I live in Austin.

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
ROFLMFAO. It's the exacty same way in Georgia. I'm from Arizona and I still get called a yankee.

and wow, i'm stoned.

MSUIndian

Should I Call You Jesus?
Hey Babe

Hey Boo...great post. I can't believe your language though. You are way to conservative. It does suck here. But I'm glad we can talk shit about this place together. love you. :rolleyes:

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
Zoso said:
i would like to start off by saying that if you live in texas, or have random pride in the culture and state of texas, please forgive me because you may not like me after this post...

i do not understand the mindset of these people and its driving me crazy!!! i moved to TX from VA in july for college. the first thing that a person said to me when i told them i was from VA was that i was just a stupid yankee. yep, these idiots around here beleive that the CAPITAL OF THE CONFEDERACY was a yankee state. ever order a drink in TX? if its a soda you have to tell them what kind of "coke" you want. yes, anything carbonated and that has more than one syllable in its name is coke. pepsi is referred to as coke, root beer, dr pepper... anything carbonated thats multi-syllable. is it so fruggin hard to say PEPSI?!?!?. i work at a grocery store and someone will say "hand me a coke" when u give them a coke, or as everyone else on the planet calls it, coca cola, they look at you like yur stupid... "um, i wanted a dr pepper." WHY couldnt u say that to begin with. and thats not just a couple people you meet. thats every native born texan that ive talked to. anyone know what a deal is? most people think its a bargain or agreement made between two parties. nope. not in texas. a deal is anything u want it to be. "hand me the deal please.", "do 'yall sell deals here?", "im lookin for one of those little deals that u put the stuff in..." cant u at least say things???!!!?!?! and to make it worse it sounds like they are saying "dill". EVERYTHING thats not texan is evil, and NOTHING about texas is bad according to these people. and GOD FORBID you pay a tax here. the schools are falling apart, the roads are shit, and state employees get paid virtually nothing, and without benefits. as a result there are corrupt police departments, and badly run state organizations. generally, i am conservative, but these people make me look like a flaming liberal. there is no income tax here and it may seem like more money to you, but everything else is crazy priced. to get my car registered in VA it costs around $12. here, over $120. and in VA, the roads are nicer, and the state programs are less corruptive. on top of everything else, they have a daytime speed limit, and a night-time speed limit. WTF?? i have by no means completed everything i hate about this state, but this forum is probably not long enough. many will probably tell me to go back to where i came from. the reasons im here are the only reasons i like this godforsaken state... and thats my girlfriend (5 years going strong... love you baby!!), and the cheapass tuition!!!!!!!!
HOly crap! A rant that ruled! Somebody sticky this shit for all eternity before it gets drowned out by pre-adolescent cry babies bitching about their math classes and parents who love them too much.

hoseq

Kevlar Cult High Priest
DUUUUUUUUUDE try living next door to them fucking asshole all your life then they start to move in and fuck up everything you and your community had going for it.

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
hoseq said:
DUUUUUUUUUDE try living next door to them fucking asshole all your life then they start to move in and fuck up everything you and your community had going for it.
You know, i didn't understand what the hell you were saying with this post. Who is them? How do they start to move in if they were already living next door to you? What did you build?
and stop necroposting.

Holy dong ball, this thread's an oldy. At least the original rant is good though, haha.

Entity

Easier than a fat chick
hoseq said:
Damn, what is your problem with Texans?

...feel free to come out of the closet if you need to bud. :rolleyes:

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
hoseq said:
Really, if you read in the rules, first off.
You would of seen racism isn't wanted here, If I see you doing this again, I'll just start deleting your posts, and the cockfarm for joo!

Also, this thread is fucking old.

Status
Not open for further replies.