WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Texas approves a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#1
In Texas, a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage was being overwhelmingly approved.


Leave it to that bunch of ass-backwards hicks to overwhelmingly try to take rights away from perhaps .2 % of the population.

Good Going Texas!
 
#2
Wow sometimes I wonder if Texans know that heaps of people around America hate them.
 

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,240
0
0
#3
And this is bad how? :confused: It actually goes to help the fight against STD's...

Edit: Misread the thread starting statement, I thought it said that same sex marraiges were legalized... Anyway, my mistake.
 
436
1
78
#4
mmm...cheese said:
And this is bad how? :confused: It actually goes to help the fight against STD's...
That statement is unfounded and untrue. What helps fight STD's is a rubber. Not stoping gay's getting married. I respect you as a person and poster, but that is a retarded statement.
 

The Xephon

Banned - What an Asshat!
31
0
0
#5
"Holy shit, only Steers and Queers come from Texas and you don't look like a Steer to me..."

I think its still Illegal to be gay in Namibia
 
7,261
1,340
218
#6
voiceofreason said:
In Texas, a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage was being overwhelmingly approved.


Leave it to that bunch of ass-backwards hicks to overwhelmingly try to take rights away from perhaps .2 % of the population.

Good Going Texas!
Agreed, it was a stupid decision on the states part. However, stupid, closed minded individuals often are given power. Sad but true fact of America, and even more true in the south.

fire_starter said:
Wow sometimes I wonder if Texans know that heaps of people around America hate them.
Yes, most of us realize that because of a few fucking morons, we are viewed as being nothing but hicks and rednecks. However, only parts of Texas are that way. Just like many other states, for that matter. To group us all into one dumbass group because of some moronic people, shows stupidity in it's truest form. It just goes to show how shallow, and prejudicially ignorant some people really are. Not everything you hear is true. Now, we do have some hick towns, and yes we do make stupid fucking decisions, but every state does from time to time.


Now, as far as the law goes: It was indeed a stupid move, and not knowing much about it, that's all i can really say. STUPID FUCKING PEOPLE IN POWER = SHIT GOING WRONG!
 

lady victoria

Too old for this shit!
Premium
2,867
39
187
#7
mmm...cheese said:
And this is bad how? :confused: It actually goes to help the fight against STD's...
My god are you really that arrogant or is it a talent?
 
436
1
78
#9
Xephon, don't post meaningless stuff like that.
TB is right. I have a few friends from Texas that are really cool and are in my GATE classes with me. Don't assume all Texan's are dumbass'.
 

The Xephon

Banned - What an Asshat!
31
0
0
#11
Right, My first post is from Stanley Kubrik's Full Metal Jacket (intended for a bit of humour, but i obviously didn't work as planned).

My second post, i was just implying that it can't be much of "The Land of the Free" when they pass dumbass laws like that. That is all i was implying.
 

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
7,550
262
302
#12
Texas > Kansas. At least Texas isn't redefining the word science to allow for their children to be even more stupid. I'm not defending this stupid move by Texas, but there's stupid then there's Stooopid.
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#13
JLXC said:
Texas > Kansas. At least Texas isn't redefining the word science to allow for their children to be even more stupid. I'm not defending this stupid move by Texas, but there's stupid then there's Stooopid.
You wouldn't be saying that if they were taking your rights away...

It's not just ignorant, it should be illegal to take rights away that "everyone" else has from people based on who they sleep with...

Hope you enjoy Big Brother in your bedroom...
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,979
1,397
487
#15
The Xephon said:
"Holy shit, only Steers and Queers come from Texas and you don't look like a Steer to me..."

I think its still Illegal to be gay in Namibia
The Xephon said:
Land of the Free...my ass
Why are you the only one posting stupid, cliche' one liners in this thread? They're not funny, and neither are you. Stop it.
 

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
7,550
262
302
#16
voiceofreason said:
You wouldn't be saying that if they were taking your rights away...

It's not just ignorant, it should be illegal to take rights away that "everyone" else has from people based on who they sleep with...

Hope you enjoy Big Brother in your bedroom...
Oh don't get me wrong, I had medicine head and was trying to be funny, but I think it's totally fucking ignorant to discriminate against people because they like "Insert Some Non-Mainstream" Sex. I think it shows how much we still have to go, or how hopeless the human race is.
 

The Xephon

Banned - What an Asshat!
31
0
0
#17
junglizm said:
Why are you the only one posting stupid, cliche' one liners in this thread? They're not funny, and neither are you. Stop it.
Sorry if i wanted to try and lighten the mood up. I guess expressing your opinion in your own personal way isn't thought of much here.
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#18
The Xephon said:
Sorry if i wanted to try and lighten the mood up. I guess expressing your opinion in your own personal way isn't thought of much here.
Oh poor baby....:cry: