WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Gaming That Games Thread [2017-2019]

Sark

Hail Eris! Fnord
Recent additions to my backlog / now playing:

Risk of Rain

Jotun

Axiom Verge

Breath of Death

Cthulhu Saves the World

Also i'm streaming on Twitch now! >>

Come heckle me if you dare! >: )

• 11UP!
Reactions: Jason

ThisIsBananas

Silly Face!
I'm playing Super Mario Run. I never really got into it when it was popular, but now I'm playing it. It goes on sale in a couple of days, but it let's you play a little bit for free.

Also, the new Nintendo Direct looks pretty cool. Will be picking up games for it during the year, along with games I missed.

Out2Lunch

☠️
After about six years of never touching a console gaming system, I purchased an an Xbox One and Red Dead 2. Now I spend my life blowing up saloons, getting into fist fights, and hunting. After that, I go play the game to see how it compares to real life.

• 1LOL
Reactions: ThisIsBananas

Stardust

stomping through the forest like a tiny dinosaurus
Premium
Got AC odyssey last year, love it. Kassandra is a sassy ass killer. They're trying to move away from their original concept and do more open world. Although fun and entertaining a bit lacking in storytelling.

Then I got AC origin, last "true" AC, tons of fun, there's camels! I love the whole sneaky, I'm not so far in yet in the story because I'm having so much fun doin random shit and running in the desert. The biggest plus is, that there isn't a false sense of urgency. Because I get really caught up in the story and their whole world. So if there's "little time" or a hurry (but not really) I feel this pressure to continue the main story although there isn't any real urgency.

• 11UP!
Reactions: ThisIsBananas

Stardust

stomping through the forest like a tiny dinosaurus
Premium
The whole cube escape series, wow. I’ve played through them all and I want more.

Jung

???
Premium
Nvidia released a modded version of Quake II that supports ray and path tracing on the RTX cards.

Similar mod for non-RTX cards. http://brechpunkt.de/q2vkpt/

Last edited:
  • 1WTF!?
  • 1Like
Reactions: ib4 and Stardust

ib4

Error
Staff
@Jung That is fucking awesome!

Also, games recently announced that I am so stoked for!!!!

• The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Sequel - This is extremely exciting because they will use the revolutionary (revolutionary to the zeldaverse) style that they used for the first BOTW game. Also it is reported that this may be the darkest game they've ever written. The assumption is, it will be similar to how Majoras Mask followed the revolutionary Ocarina of Time. The idea is that this game will follow the first BOTW in the same way. From the first look, my assumption is that it'll be about the Gerudo, the Zonai(a race of people that disappeared ), and the Twili(a similar fate to the Zonai, both attempting to take the TriForce for their own gain):
  • The Legend of Zelda Links Awakening - This is also incredibly awesome because this title revolutionized Zelda style games first. It even came out on Gameboy before A Link to the Past came out on the SNES. This game was special because it was just an "after school project" done by the Zelda engineering team after hours. The Zelda creator Shigeru Miyamoto usually headed the Zelda title creations. However this time, Takashi Tezuka took this one. Takashi Tezuka had different ideas he wanted to try in Zelda games that were shot down by Shigeru. When he found they were making this game after hours just for fun, he used that chance to try out his ideas too. The game got so good, they ended up pitching it to management and got approved to release it! This is why when you play the game, there are many things (like Super Mario characters, combining weapons, the story line) that you don't typically see in Zelda games. It went on to be one of the best Zelda games of all time and now its getting its first remake on the Nintendo Switch!
  • Halo Infinite - This one looks way exciting in the sense that it looks like they might go back to their roots. It was noticed in the trailer that the original armor and USNC logo was used. Its also common for game makers to do this when they've made so many titles, and need to pack a punch this far down the line.
  • Finally a big favorite around here, and I am hoping it'll bring some of us together for some game play again, BORDERLANDS 3! Check this dope 4k trailer!

• 1Like
Reactions: Jung

Jung

???
Premium
If you like quake/HL/CS style movement games, this is crack.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: ib4