WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Gaming That Games Thread [2017]

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
What games are you playing?

I haven't been gaming much over the winter holidays. busy with family, sport events, or movies,, but I have been having fun with Astroneer [ http://astroneer.space/ ] when I get the chance.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I don't spend much time gaming anymore. Pretty much had been liberated of my gaming systems. I did nab a 360 for damned near nothing and have been playing CoD ghosts. Campers. Gotta love 'em.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Before Christmas, I bought Shadow of Mordor on PS3 in all it's un-updated shittiness. I finished it the other day, and I would have to say it was enjoyable, load screens and shitty cutscenes aside. The only super shitty thing I disliked was the penultimate and ultimate QTE boss battles. Was really pointless to have to press 4 buttons to kill the guy you chased around all game, when the peons took some actual planning.

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
Just NOPE'D the fuck out of a game of The Last Of Us. In some dark waterlogged hotel basement with just the flashlight. Call me a weenie. Nope nope nope. It can wait until noon tomorrow. Maybe.

We just got an Xbone last month, it was my xmas gift from my husband. With it we got the remastered Elder Scrolls Skyrim (and I'm having a good ol time with the mods), Far Cry Primal, Telltale's TWD Season 3 and Michonne, Just Cause 3, and Dead Island Riptide. I've mostly been playing Dead Island the past week or so. If anyone wants to join me in zombie slaying my gamer tag is Shaanananaaa.

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
Playing Rage on ps3. Fairly average so far, but haven't had a single glitch yet. And seems like character progression is nonexistent. I dunno, I see myself fading away from it before I'm done. But, it was $5, so...whatevs.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Just NOPE'D the fuck out of a game of The Last Of Us. In some dark waterlogged hotel basement with just the flashlight. Call me a weenie. Nope nope nope. It can wait until noon tomorrow. Maybe.
You are a weenie.

sofatyrant

A true pillow sofa
Tales of Berseria mostly, hints of HC Diablo 3, Dark Souls 3 to help my friend finish the game then I'll finally get to delete the game to free some space since I've already got the plat trophy for it a while back and lastly probably some competitive Overwatch even after I've gotten all weekly arcade lootboxes since fuck it. All of which on the PS4.

Resident Evil: Biohazard. It's pretty scary and tense.

Also doing a "perfect run" through the Mass Effect series before Andromeda drops. Nearly finished with ME1; on an insanity run, it's my last needed achievement.

ib4

Error
Staff
Bought this for PC today. 30 bones on Steam Cant wait to get home and try it out!

DejectedReject

Unintended Consequence
That's silly, you can get it for free.
OMG is that Kid Pix? I just had some serious flashbacks to 1991.
Edit: I see now that I was wrong, but it still looks like something drawn in Kid Pix.

Last edited:

ib4

Error
Staff
asdf.png

Wasn't sure if I was going to have the patience or want to play this game...but once I got started its been just as fun as it originally was. I am using XB1 control.

sofatyrant

A true pillow sofa
Enjoying Nioh at the moment on the PS4. As a souls-borne veteran, am pleasantly surprised that a game combining elements from the souls-borne series, Diablo, Borderlands and Destiny ended up this good.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Building a bad ass raft yo, on...

note - mine isn't as good as the one shown in the picture

edit - just caught me about 8 trench fish in a row

Got that ME1 insanity achievement and my hundo percent. Now making my way through ME2 with two achievements to knock down. One of them is stupid hard to acquire. You have to shoot and kill 20 enemies knocked back by a punch. Sounds simple but, ME2 firefights rely on cover. Coming out of cover risks having your shields shot down, which means health is next, and half the time a punch alone kills enemies, or you just get overwhelmed. I've got 4 of the 20 and I'm nearly halfway through the damn game.

c00ldud3

Fresh Meat
It was fucken crazy, but i live near the this place called northland in melbourne and up the escalator they have a movie place with an arcade, so me and my friends go into it and we play this game called stacker that kinda reminded me of tetris. We all had turns, but when it was upto my turn i won! The choices were Navman, another navman, xbone, xbone 1 s. So guess what i won? A navman. (sorry that was a shitty joke obviously i got the xbone 1 s)