WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Gaming That Games Thread [2017]

sofatyrant

A true pillow sofa
Currently focused on FF 14 SB, specifically, The Feast. gonna aim for that DrK set this season.

BadEvilWrong

I'd melt the world to stop with you.
Right now, I'm juggling Mount & Blade: Warband, Xenogears, Lunar 2, Masters of Orion 3, and Romance of the 3 Kingdoms 2.

I'm taking a break from achievement grinding The Binding of Isaac.

Jung

???
Premium
Lawbreakers just seems like a twitchier version of Overwatch, only with worse classes/balance. I like that there's no hard counter picks though. Unless you're Wraith, then you're pretty much guaranteed to win. The blitzball thing seems like it's be fun, just not with pubs.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Lawbreakers just seems like a twitchier version of Overwatch, only with worse classes/balance.
Lmfao, that's not even close. It's more like Unreal Tournament with abilities and flight. The only character with balance issues is Juggernaut, and even that dumb robot has its niche.

Also, Wraith is only difficult to handle when he's holding the Blitzball.

Jung

???
Premium
I only played Wraith for about an hr but he seemed really good.

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
Still Doom3, holy crap it makes me shit my pants. I tried some graphical enhancement mods, they all suck. Ok they offer hi-res textures and a couple of "modern" effects, but they brightened up everything and the game doesn't run as smooth as it should.
Basically a simple set r_gamma 1.2 does the trick without making it all look like you're in the middle of a snowstorm.

sofatyrant

A true pillow sofa
Gotten myself into FFBE, may God have mercy on my soul.

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
War Robots on android. It is a fucking pay2win game, but you can obtain the same features shoppers do with patience, lots of patience.
The game is pretty simple, five control points and massive firepower to hold them.
As an ex-wot player I'm a winner at tactics, and that led me to quickly climb leagues. Because of that now I'm encountering long time players with exotic weapons and mechs that are ripping me off, but I'm still managing to get kills and win matches. Sooner or later I'll start to lose because of disparity on equipment.

Jung

???
Premium
Anyone playing Fortnite? It's kind of like PUBG with smaller maps and Rust-like building. It still needs a lot of work, mostly wrt long-distance gun play, but I'm liking the faster paced matches and building a lot so far.

The battleground mode is free to play at least for now, check it out. https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite

53V3N

The slow blade penetrates the shield.
Premium
Anyone playing Destiny 2 or 7 Days on Xbox? These are the current multi-players I'm into atm.

Also playing a bit of ARK and GTA but less so.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I'm holding off on some of the game playing until the Xbox One X arrives so I can enjoy the enhanced patches, even if I don't have a 4K TV yet.

53V3N

Premium
HAHA! Right? It's like... the mainstream media is just pushing me to get a Fire TV Edition TV so the picture on my XBONE X can live up to its full potential.

edit: sp

Jung

???
Premium
Anyone playing Destiny 2 or 7 Days on Xbox? These are the current multi-players I'm into atm.

Also playing a bit of ARK and GTA but less so.
Best thing to do in Ark: tranq gun someone, fill up their inventory with rocks then handcuff them.

53V3N

Premium
Best thing to do in Ark: tranq gun someone, fill up their inventory with rocks then handcuff them.
Dude, watch Faceless play ARK. FUCKING HILARIOUS!

53V3N

Premium
The Rust trap was pretty funny. Don't have to play ARK to enjoy the series though. Definitely worth the watch.

edit: Conan Exiled is also pretty entertaining.

edit II: Exiles? No one cares bc no one plays it, lol.

Last edited:

Jung

???
Premium
I play Paladins and Smite more than anything else these days. Still play Devilian on occasion (like an open world diablo). Funny, I literally own 100s of games but spend more time playing f2p games.

Unreal Tourney pre-alpha is pretty fun. It's on the Epic launcher you need for Fortnite, so it's worth checking out imo.

53V3N

Premium
^ brings the thread back on topic even on his birthday.

That's why Jung will always be the mvp.