Breath of Death

Cthulhu Saves the World

Also i'm streaming on Twitch now! >>

Come heckle me if you dare! >: )

• 11UP!
Reactions: 1 user

ThisIsBananas

Silly Face!
I'm playing Super Mario Run. I never really got into it when it was popular, but now I'm playing it. It goes on sale in a couple of days, but it let's you play a little bit for free.

Also, the new Nintendo Direct looks pretty cool. Will be picking up games for it during the year, along with games I missed.

Out2Lunch

☠️
After about six years of never touching a console gaming system, I purchased an an Xbox One and Red Dead 2. Now I spend my life blowing up saloons, getting into fist fights, and hunting. After that, I go play the game to see how it compares to real life.

• 1LOL

Stardust

stomping through the forest like a tiny dinosaurus
Premium
Got AC odyssey last year, love it. Kassandra is a sassy ass killer. They're trying to move away from their original concept and do more open world. Although fun and entertaining a bit lacking in storytelling.

Then I got AC origin, last "true" AC, tons of fun, there's camels! I love the whole sneaky, I'm not so far in yet in the story because I'm having so much fun doin random shit and running in the desert. The biggest plus is, that there isn't a false sense of urgency. Because I get really caught up in the story and their whole world. So if there's "little time" or a hurry (but not really) I feel this pressure to continue the main story although there isn't any real urgency.

• 11UP!

Stardust

stomping through the forest like a tiny dinosaurus
Premium
The whole cube escape series, wow. I’ve played through them all and I want more.

Jung

???
Premium
Nvidia released a modded version of Quake II that supports ray and path tracing on the RTX cards.

Similar mod for non-RTX cards. http://brechpunkt.de/q2vkpt/

Last edited:
  • 1WTF!?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ib4

Error
Staff
@Jung That is fucking awesome!

Also, games recently announced that I am so stoked for!!!!

• The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Sequel - This is extremely exciting because they will use the revolutionary (revolutionary to the zeldaverse) style that they used for the first BOTW game. Also it is reported that this may be the darkest game they've ever written. The assumption is, it will be similar to how Majoras Mask followed the revolutionary Ocarina of Time. The idea is that this game will follow the first BOTW in the same way. From the first look, my assumption is that it'll be about the Gerudo, the Zonai(a race of people that disappeared ), and the Twili(a similar fate to the Zonai, both attempting to take the TriForce for their own gain):
  • The Legend of Zelda Links Awakening - This is also incredibly awesome because this title revolutionized Zelda style games first. It even came out on Gameboy before A Link to the Past came out on the SNES. This game was special because it was just an "after school project" done by the Zelda engineering team after hours. The Zelda creator Shigeru Miyamoto usually headed the Zelda title creations. However this time, Takashi Tezuka took this one. Takashi Tezuka had different ideas he wanted to try in Zelda games that were shot down by Shigeru. When he found they were making this game after hours just for fun, he used that chance to try out his ideas too. The game got so good, they ended up pitching it to management and got approved to release it! This is why when you play the game, there are many things (like Super Mario characters, combining weapons, the story line) that you don't typically see in Zelda games. It went on to be one of the best Zelda games of all time and now its getting its first remake on the Nintendo Switch!
  • Halo Infinite - This one looks way exciting in the sense that it looks like they might go back to their roots. It was noticed in the trailer that the original armor and USNC logo was used. Its also common for game makers to do this when they've made so many titles, and need to pack a punch this far down the line.
  • Finally a big favorite around here, and I am hoping it'll bring some of us together for some game play again, BORDERLANDS 3! Check this dope 4k trailer!

• 1Like

Citybird

Flame Bait
@ib4 Also a huge Zelda: BotW fan.. actually haven’t played much of anything else for some time, but we bought the console and Link’s Awakening for my son,.. and suddenly started to play with him a little bit, and suddenly found out about the ‘proper Zelda’ and well here we are probably 100h+ later :).

Did you notice they will release now the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity which is a prequel to the BotW storyline? It’s definitely not the same game or feel, but I’ll probably give it a ago anyway.

Also, I thought I had decent skills in the BotW, before seeing this...:

Anyway, I think this is probably the best game I’ve ever played.. a very good way to relax!

• 2Like

ib4

Error
Staff
@ib4 Also a huge Zelda: BotW fan.. actually haven’t played much of anything else for some time, but we bought the console and Link’s Awakening for my son,.. and suddenly started to play with him a little bit, and suddenly found out about the ‘proper Zelda’ and well here we are probably 100h+ later :).

Welcome to the forum my friend. Glad to see you going through the threads! My love for Zelda is indescribable. While I love video games, I have grown out of the patience i used to have for them. But like yourself, i will take time to play this, I always make time for a new Zelda game.

I've always been a Zelda fan, but I had never beaten any. When I was a kid I dabbles in Link to the Past on SNES, then later, the only console I was ever fortunate to own was a GameBoy Pocket. It was a gift and i was lucky to have gotten the DX Zelda-LA cartridge. Later, the same person who bought the GBA Pocket, bought me a GBA Color and I was ecstatic to play the DX cartridge in it.

A few years later, I had a friend whose Dad bought him everything he wanted. He had every console. I used to watch him play Ocarina of Time. I loved when he gave me a chance to play it. Its all I looked forward to some times when I went to his house. I was very poor at the time, like dad disappeared for weeks, starving poor. It was a great comfort.

I remember Ocarina of Time set the bar. When I saw Zelda games come out after that, I dismissed them. Wind Waker? Why the fuck would they trash such a good game and make it a cartoon!?!? I was furious...

Fast forward to well over a decade and Zelda BOTW comes out. I play it, I FUCKING LOVE IT. I find out this emulator has beefed its specs up and turned BOTW into this absolute 4k 60FPS+ masterpiece. I play it and beat it THREE MORE TIMES. I'm telling you right now, playing this game in 4k with over 60FPS on an ultra wide monitor...is a totally new experience of the game.

Anyway after the 4th time, I got lucky and Links Awakening new version came out on switch. I beat it in a week. I was so thirsty for more Zelda, I went back and bet every major Zelda game this past year. And ironically, one of my favorites was Wind Waker.

I let Ocarina of time define the franchise, and later I let BOTW. But after playing all these titles the past year, and finding out how incredible each game is, I've realized that what makes Zelda absolutely legendary, is that they didn't intend to make each game a next part of the story. Each game, is its own beautiful story and world.

Did you notice they will release now the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity which is a prequel to the BotW storyline? It’s definitely not the same game or feel, but I’ll probably give it a ago anyway.

Also, I thought I had decent skills in the BotW, before seeing this...:

Anyway, I think this is probably the best game I’ve ever played.. a very good way to relax!

Lol The only game I ever made it a point to be an absolute skill savage for...was Battlefield 4. I managed to get my rank multi-player profile to something like the top 4% of all high scoring profiles in the country. As for games like BOTW, I'm here for the beauty, the story, the exploration. I didn't harp on skill development. But I love that vid, I remember when it came out!

Anyway my friend, welcome to the forum and thanks for refreshing a post on my favorite topic! Set an avatar, bookmark the website, shit on @BrIONwoshMunky , @MaxPower , and @gehtfuct , and stay a while!

• 1Like

Citybird

Flame Bait
Wow - what a great reply and a nice welcome :).

I played the first few Zelda's on NES and SNES and then N64 Zelda Ocarina of Time truly was something else. Played a lot of that one.

Curiously enough, I had the exact same feelings for the next few titles as you had, simply had no interest to at the time.. I think I need to revisit the few Zelda's in between based on what you wrote though, and I'm very curious now about this 4k 60fps emulator also.. although I don't have a gaming computer at the moment :/.

For me the best single-player game before BotW was Final Fantasy VII and I'm excited that there is now a new version with a new take on it on the works as well, but truly I doubt that there any game that can make me feel the same as playing BotW. Still, there's few titles I want to try at some point which are Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077.. and of course BotW Sequel!

In regards to skill development, earlier I mostly tried to avoid the Lynels in the game, but after seeing that video I just had to learn to beat them without eating any food for extra health, which I succeeded with! Now I'm just waiting to find a gold Lynel to give it a go (haven't googled the location) and still missing 20 shrines as I want to find all of them! Of course both expansions are mostly done, few tasks still remaining.

Before this, only game I used time for developing skills was Quake 2, which I as well was in the top 3 in 1vs1 duels for a period.

Anyway, finally got around to choosing my avatar and it was an obvious choice for now at least!

Let's keep this thread alive!

Last edited:
  • 2Like