WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Movies That Movie Thread [2017]

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Which movies have you watched recently? Was it any good or should it be avoided at all costs?

I caught Jack Reacher: Never Come Back the other night. While watching it, it seemed to have plenty of action and kept moving forward while being entertaining. However after it was over, it felt rather shallow and contrived, even for a popcorn flick. I'd have to rate All of the Mission Impossible movies as being better than this JR film.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Suicide Squad. My favourite Joker of all time, Leto killed it with a sinister magnetic performance, that was something else, I don't think people can really appreciate how good it was, I think all that weird stuff Leto was doing during filming payed off, I enjoyed the flick, I liked all the squad, probably my favourite superhero movie, if you can call it that.

I have to mention "All Hallows Eve" for the most creepy creation ever put to film, that of "Art The Clown" I can't even.. the final segment was like I was in a nightmare, it's like I was 9 again watching "Hellraiser" ... this was 3 short films all connected by Art the clown, a feature length movie is coming out called "Terrifier"

I watched two very different movies today. They're as delivered from different minds as can possibly be.

The first movie was Sing by Illumination Entertainment. I thought it was going to be absolute garbage, and dumb crap because there was no original compositions and it was nothing but famous pop tracks. It absolutely surprised me and it was so well done. It was an average "try really hard and don't give up" movie, but I'm a massive sucker for animation and animals, so yeah. I felt like it could've used some more development as an over arching story, and I think they should have added time to the movie, but for what I got, it was nice.

Natural Born Killers. It was no psychological horror, but it was psychologically horrifying. I believed everything the actors did. It was nice to watch and kept me on the edge of my seat. Would Mallory and Mickey get what they deserved or would they get what they really deserved? You find out; you may like what you see.

We watched Suicide Squad; it was just alright. It was pretty cheesy, not that that wasn't kind of expected.

Finally got around to The Revenant. We liked it, though we had to suspend a lot of reality to accept
that he survived the cliff fall (after surviving two bear attacks!) moreso than surviving just the bear attacks.

Couple nights ago we watched Last Days on Mars. It was decent. May have been the first time we saw the combination of
space/off planet and zombies
. There was some questionable acting and an ok plot. We always call Liev Schrieber Cleeve Lieber.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Natural Born Killers. It was no psychological horror, but it was psychologically horrifying. I believed everything the actors did. It was nice to watch and kept me on the edge of my seat. Would Mallory and Mickey get what they deserved or would they get what they really deserved? You find out; you may like what you see.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Finally got around to The Revenant. We liked it, though we had to suspend a lot of reality to accept
that he survived the cliff fall (after surviving two bear attacks!) moreso than surviving just the bear attacks.
Hugh Glass was a real human. A real BADASS version of a human. What got me about the movie was
the amount of time that everyone spends in the middle of water in the middle of winter with no previous plans for either staying dry nor drying back out after getting soaked. Floating down rivers in 900lbs of wet furs, just generally wading around in creeks, all sorts of stupid things.

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
Suicide Squad. My favourite Joker of all time, Leto killed it with a sinister magnetic performance, that was something else, I don't think people can really appreciate how good it was
You clearly have no clue what the Nolan's did with the Joker character in The Dark Knight and how perfectly Heath Ledger pulled it off. What a shame.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
You clearly have no clue what the Nolan's did with the Joker character in The Dark Knight and how perfectly Heath Ledger pulled it off. What a shame.
blah blah blah bah blah blah blah blah all of that chit chat is gonna get ya' hurt.

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
John Wick 2

Are you fucking kidding me? I haven't felt this level of disappointment since Budvugger sent me a dick pic.

c00ldud3

Fresh Meat
I recently saw an amazing movie called silence created by the one and only Martin Scorsese.
I really think this movie is one of the best movies of our generation. From the cinematography to the acting and everything in between it was so perfectly good.
(I fucken loved it:))

And look, if you don't love a movie someone else does can you please, not get angry and burn them at the stake for having a different opinion? Thanks.

:yeahthat:

Gus

Clitpickle
I took the kid to go see Lego batman, it was a good time. :)

Took Nora to her first "big movie" to see Moana. She loved it. It was cute. I like that more princess movies are shucking the "damsel in distress" story for strong independent female role models.

Took both kids to see LEGO Batman. It was good stuff. They do well with making those
LEGO movies entertaining for both adults and kids.

Nora received Tangled for a very late Xmas gift and we have watched it 4 times since yesterday. It's decent. Not the best princess movie but not the worst either I guess.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Took Nora to her first "big movie" to see Moana. She loved it. It was cute. I like that more princess movies are shucking the "damsel in distress" story for strong independent female role models.

Took both kids to see LEGO Batman. It was good stuff. They do well with making those
LEGO movies entertaining for both adults and kids.

Nora received Tangled for a very late Xmas gift and we have watched it 4 times since yesterday. It's decent. Not the best princess movie but not the worst either I guess.
I, too, enjoyed Moana.

Last edited:

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
Passengers - Really great scifi flick. I loved the quips, the seriousness and the story as whole.

Hacksaw ridge - cool, got a bit "sniper movie propaganda" Inglorious basterds feel a bit in there. But overall enjoyable, also it was based on a true story. Kudos for him being an all awesome lovely human.

Free state of Jones - very very good. I always like it when they show the true gritty story.

Went to see Logan with some friends when it was out - thought it was fantastic, though I haven't really kept up with the X-Men movies.

Nora forced me to watch the Trolls movie with her. It wasn't unbearable.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
Lights out - made into a movie from a Swedish short movie on yt. Suprisingly good, actually got me scared, because fuck things in the dark.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Went to see Logan with some friends when it was out - thought it was fantastic, though I haven't really kept up with the X-Men movies.
I liked the first couple X-Men movies but didn't watch anything further. I'd like to jump back into it for the Wolverine story but I'm not sure where to start or what comes next. I'm not much of a movie guy but it'd be nice to grab a few DVD's of something I might be interested in.