WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Movies That Movie Thread [2017-]

Jung

???
Premium
Trippy steampunk movie about two tidally-locked planets that have a binary gravity system . There's a love story in there somewhere too. If you're going to take psychedelics and watch a move, make it this one.

Reactions: BRiT

BridgetteH

Particinator
Una, and it is a freaking work of art. It is a bit shocking as it romanticizes the relationship between a grown man and a minor, then towards the end it actually reveals how much it fucked her up. An incredible watch, if you're looking for something likely entirely different than you've ever seen before. Also, Rooney Mara has got to be the most beautiful woman to ever walk the face of the Earth.... So it doesn't hurt that she stars in it.

Una Full Movie

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Love Alien, loved the book, love the series, love the concept. When the Aliens come we will all forget prejudice, profession, personal problems.
Bring it on
This was the best one I have seen since Aliens, love finding out how it all begun, in a way they are not really Aliens though?

Not me, I'll still be prejudice, I'll work with them to destroy people I think I am better than.

TooSmartGuile

Tenderony
I recently saw Ralph Bakshi's Fritz the Cat and its sequel. I was going to watch Coonskin too but I had to prime myself for school.

Fritz is the cat you're not supposed to be. The movie's more social commentary than plot, but there is plot. Sometimes funny, poignant, and thoughtful.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid

Best film I have seen this year.. if Liam Neeson was taken, Vince Vaughn would find him and carry him to safety and if Jack Reacher tried to get in the way, Vaughn would punch Reacher's head separating it from his neck. Incredible.

• ORLY?
Reactions: BRiT and Crazizniac

gumercules

Ultra Mega
downsizing-poster0.jpg

I just watched Downsizing, featuring Matt Damon.

What a piece of crap movie. They took a charming premise and completely failed to make a charming movie. I was hoping it would remind me of some of my favorites: Being John Malkovich, Eternal Sunshine, and Stranger than Fiction -- movies that feel like they're in an adjacent universe and remind you about some of the things you like about this one. But NOPE. Cannot recommend.

mattdamon.gif

Crazizniac

Particinator
Premium
^ Is every movie since the original All Quiet on the Eastern Front. Oh, except for Repo Man, Better off Dead, Wild at Heart, Let it Ride and Pulp Fiction.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Hurricane Heist. Heap of shit rip off on Hard Rain. Higher tech. But totally unrealistic portrayal of hurricanes and physics. They would have been better off spending less than $35,000,000 and finding some lead cast willing to do a bukake scene.

• Agree
Reactions: BRiT

feenix

Hoodrat
Annihilation really fucked me up. Like not in a good way. It wasn't particularly gruesome or anything, I really don't know why it creeped me out so bad. Overall, it was a pretty good movie though.