WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

On TV That Television Thread [2017]

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
So, I watched The OA. Started a little slow, but actually a well put together series. More cerebral than Stranger Things, but still in the same vein. More Inception than X-Files.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I've been enjoying The Grand Tour on Amazon. The last episode, The Beach (Buggy) Boys, was a two parter and had some hilarious moments. They nearly could have called the series Three Idiots and have nothing to do with cars and be just as great.

ib4

Error
Staff
So, I watched The OA. Started a little slow, but actually a well put together series. More cerebral than Stranger Things, but still in the same vein. More Inception than X-Files.
Was just coming here to say this lol. Tis a good show.

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
Watching Frontier on Netflix. After dying in Essos, Drogo gives up a prarie full of visions of world fucking horses to search out wet beavers in winter-time Canada. Personally, I think he did it so he could wear a full set of clothes at work for once. Oh, and he doesn't like the Hudson's Bay Company. Along for the ride is a cheap version of Jimmy from Raising Hope, and that chick from Sons of Anarchy that may have had Jax Teller "keeping it in the family" in Ireland. There's also a guy who runs around in a red coat shooting things (i.e. people). It SHOULD be Jason Isaacs, but really it's just a cheap knock-off of some-guy-I-saw-in-something-once-but-don't-remember-the-name-of who is just another cheap knock-off of a young Val Kilmer (Not the new fat one)

EDIT:: I Remembereded

Last edited:

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
Moved on to 'The Moaning of Life'. Karl Pilkington is my hero. And by hero, I mean his stupidity and 'insights' about the world make me feel like a superior being.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime Videos is pretty good so far. I'm about midway through it. Bryan Cranston does another great job with the character he plays.

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
Started watching Iron Fist on Netflix. Short synopsis is that a cheap version of Hyde, gets into a fight with the sad-sack brother of Boromir because he launched his douche canoe and has taken over the family company. There's drugs, and Rosario Dawson, and a Sand Snake who is also the token asian karate dojo master lady love interest.

Last edited:

Gus

Clitpickle
Watching South Park on Hulu, I am bored.

Thinking about watching Stargate for the 20th time. Really wish they would have tied up their loose ends. I love all 3 shows.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Got home from work, fired up the computer and checked the TV listings before clicking on a sports radio stream for background noise. The Lone Ranger and the Lost City of Gold was on GRIT. Good, nostalgic entertainment on a Saturday afternoon.

Quantez, a Western, is on now. Fred MacMurray from My Three Sons? Okay, I'll keep the TV on a little bit longer. :)

Okay, so I didn't watch much of that one. Got distracted by washing dishes and making food and washing dishes. From here on out, it's 'Walker, Texas Ranger' on GRIT. Fuck that.

There's a stupid space movie on COMET. I'm tempted but nah.

The Fox channel has a baseball game. Pirates and Cubs. I'll leave that on until I'm ready for bed.

Last edited:

Crazizniac

Particinator
Tried to watch House of Cards while I was on vacation. Got through about 16 episodes. What a pile of shit. I can't believe Spacey didn't shoot himself in the head after half a season just to not be involved.

Crazizniac

Particinator
Ended up watching the first season of Rick and Morty just cuz Rick Sanchez was so jazzed about it. Laughed my ass off. I am truly a Pollack.

ib4

Error
Staff
Just finished Ozark. I really enjoyed it. While it held many predictable moments, there were a few unpredictable. But more importantly, the story was done well. It definitely walked the line of being typical, but I appreciated how it tried to stay in its lane.

Jung

???
Premium
Waiting on the new Rick and Morty. I'm hoping they put more Gravity Falls crossover stuff in this season.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
I'm makin' sweet love to my Roku stick. Caught up on Game of Thrones and lookin' to finish The Wire tonight or tomorrow. Next up is Straight Outta Compton because it's a one-watch movie and sorta fits with what I've been viewing.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
The good place, A woman wakes up, she's dead. She's been sent to the "good place", but oh snap! she doesn't belong there, so she has to pretend to be a good person. One of the best comedy series out there. We binged it in two days. GO SEE IT.

Quacks, another good comedy show, 1800 doctors, drugs, bloody patients and shit.

You're the worst, Horrible couple being horrible and adorable together.

BridgetteH

Particinator
The Duplass brothers just came out with an awesome show, Room 104. It's probably my favorite show at the minute. Each episode is basically like a new short story being told, so you can watch a random episode and not feel you've missed something. The plots are always very unique and creative.

Set in a single room of an average American hotel, Room 104, the series tells the story of different people who go in and out of the room. The series is an amazing achievement, a testament to the power of storytelling even when confined to an extremely limited space.

Trailer:

Season 1 Episodes (the season has yet to end, so occasionally another is added):
http://watchseriesmovie.com/info/room-104-season-1