WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

The age old question...

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
Why do chicks stay with guy's who beat on them? This is one of life's mysteries to me.

There's a chick at work who constantly comes in with bruises, real ones, the big dark purple ones you only get from serious ass kickings.The sad part, is publicly, she always has an excuse about being clumsy, falling, car door etc... But we all know better, there's no secrets in a restaurant.She's broken up with her b/f God knows how many times, but every single time she returns.This just fuckin' blows me away.

I know about control issues, but there's a difference between control, and losing control.

ron

Buster of Asses
GottaHurt said:
Why do chicks stay with guy's who beat on them? This is one of life's mysteries to me.

There's a chick at work who constantly comes in with bruises, real ones, the big dark purple ones you only get from serious ass kickings.The sad part, is publicly, she always has an excuse about being clumsy, falling, car door etc... But we all know better, there's no secrets in a restaurant.She's broken up with her b/f God knows how many times, but every single time she returns.This just fuckin' blows me away.

I know about control issues, but there's a difference between control, and losing control.
Fear, lack of hope, lack of self confidence. Mostly fear and lack of hope, I think. They're generally convinced that they are worthless and that the beatings are deserved.

I'd like to see every wife beater (or girlfriend, whatever) flogged publicly. Same for abusive parents.

Usul0

GodEmperor of Fools
I'm with Ron on this one. Women like this most likly had abusive fathers and think they are worthless. :(

screw_you_jack

Pig Tails and a Shotgun
GottaHurt said:

i think it's more a matter of "i really love him, and i know he loves me." Women thinking that they can "change" him. Fact is, women think that they have to stay from loyalty and that there man doesn't mean to hurt them........
it's a sad cycle for the women caught in it........

that's why more should buy guns... :gun:

ron

Buster of Asses
screw_you_jack said:
i think it's more a matter of "i really love him, and i know he loves me." Women thinking that they can "change" him. Fact is, women think that they have to stay from loyalty and that there man doesn't mean to hurt them........
it's a sad cycle for the women caught in it........

that's why more should buy guns... :gun:
Good points. Terrible situation.

Ctoit

Tenderony
How about the biggest of them all.........economic reasons.......hard enough to live on 2 salaries let alone your own........exspecially when there are kids.........that would be another reason there--Kids.....either they hate you for leaving or hate him for the abuse........wonder how we learn to hate?

statistics say a women will go into shelter(or just leave) 8-10 times before its for good..........and thats when it becomes the most dangerous time...

GH--next time you get the excuse say something........which is worse it happening or everyone knowing and just letting it go........dont give me that its her life crap........do ya think anyone chooses that if they dont think they "have" to?--------there's the key they Think they have to

Who said they come from abusive homes........not true to often.......but they are to scared to get out of them........FACT

Ctoit

Tenderony
So the question should not be "Why does she go back" but "Why does he think he can beat her" .............WTF?

ron

Buster of Asses
Ctoit said:
How about the biggest of them all.........economic reasons.......hard enough to live on 2 salaries let alone your own........exspecially when there are kids.........that would be another reason there--Kids.....either they hate you for leaving or hate him for the abuse........wonder how we learn to hate?
We certainly learn to hate through environment, not necessarily through abuse. Those good reasons to stay in a rotten situation. Kind of like when people tell you to quit your job if you hate it. An empty belly makes a strong argument.

Ctoit said:
statistics say a women will go into shelter(or just leave) 8-10 times before its for good..........and thats when it becomes the most dangerous time...
A sad statistic.

Ctoit said:
GH--next time you get the excuse say something........which is worse it happening or everyone knowing and just letting it go........dont give me that its her life crap........do ya think anyone chooses that if they dont think they "have" to?--------there's the key they Think they have to
Give her support and help if she needs it. If it bothers you and you know it is wrong, take a stand. Watch out, though. Abusive people tend to come after you for helping their punching bag leave.

Ctoit said:
Who said they come from abusive homes........not true to often.......but they are to scared to get out of them........FACT
Fact.

Ctoit

Tenderony
Watch out, though. Abusive people tend to come after you for helping their punching bag leave.

Quote:

That's not true either........sorry Ron, but this is my Profession, actually most do it in the privacy of their own home...no witnesses.....anyway......they don't hardly ever come after someone for helping.....they just beat the woman worse for someone trying to help.........solicited or not......

Point is Say something......if she knows you know.... you become her alli...don't judge her until you've been there.......and dont say "i dont know why you just dont leave".......Its NEVER that easy....or they would

ron

Buster of Asses
Ctoit said:
Watch out, though. Abusive people tend to come after you for helping their punching bag leave.

Quote:
That's not true either........sorry Ron, but this is my Profession, actually most do it in the privacy of their own home...no witnesses.....anyway......they don't hardly ever come after someone for helping.....they just beat the woman worse for someone trying to help.........solicited or not......

Point is Say something......if she knows you know.... you become her alli...don't judge her until you've been there.......and dont say "i dont know why you just dont leave".......Its NEVER that easy....or they would
No problem, but I've seen it happen.

Ctoit

Tenderony
ron said:
No problem, but I've seen it happen.

Ohhh It CAN happen, just not that often....I think I've been threatened a time or two thousand but I'm not the one they NEED to have the control of so it doesn't usually go far. Usually just another way to control the abused person.....she thinks he would do it........thats all he needs

ron

Buster of Asses
Ctoit said:
Ohhh It CAN happen, just not that often....I think I've been threatened a time or two thousand but I'm not the one they NEED to have the control of so it doesn't usually go far. Usually just another way to control the abused person.....she thinks he would do it........thats all he needs
Well, you'd know better than I. I do not envy people in your line of work.

I've seen these dipshits come after people saying things like, "who the fuck do you think you are, huh? A hero? Are you her guardian angel?"

Well, yes I am asshole. POW!

They're mostly cowards and bullies who need to control someone to make themselves feel good. They won't usually stand up to someone who confronts them, but some of them will.