WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines The assault on Falluja begins...

Jung

???
Premium
The first target to be taken: the main hospital. Why? Perhaps to control 'reports' of civilian casualties?

Carry on. :rolleyes:

Also, before anyone says anything negative; I received this news from my former SFC, who's currently stationed, along with several other friends of mine, in theater near by. Ft. Drum(10th Mtn Div.) doesn't have the turn over rate that other posts do, so two years later I still have an abundance of friends there.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
junglizm said:
The first target to be taken: the main hospital. Why? Perhaps to control 'reports' of civilian casualties?

Also, before anyone says anything negative; I received this news from my former SFC, who's currently stationed, along with several other friends of mine, in theater near by. Ft. Drum(10th Mtn Div.) doesn't have the turn over rate that other posts do, so two years later I still have an abundance of friends there.
(haha why reduce the size?)

anyway, I think it's funny what Rumsfeld said about this : "These are terrorists, they cut peoples heads off"

you bombed peoples houses... asshat

Jung

???
Premium
Rage against said:
(haha why reduce the size?)
Is it very important? Anyone who has knowledge of the militay would question, how I still have so many friends in my old unit, when I've been out for so long. I offered an explanation, but it wasn't very relevant to what I said.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I think you should keep this one alive...its going to be refreshing to get some other info on this "battle" than "We're kicking ass, we're giving cookies to the children, they love baby jesus now" type of propaganda shit. I understand that its a "War" but bombing the shit out of an urban area like that....they must have known they were going to kill civilians.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
heh, no shit they knew.. Bombing a city in iraq or anywhere in the world, is like throwing a frag grenade in a school cafeteria... You can't NOT hurt innocent people.

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
Well. After all they DID give the "innocent" people over there 72 hours to get out of there Before the battle started. Anyone who is still there is either a victim of their own common sense or natural selection. Not to mention the fact that you could arguably say that either one is cause for the other!

It Could also be said that they took the Hospital first in order to avoid it being a last stronghold position. Here's why. Hospitals are protected from combat actions under the law of land warefare. That protected status is invalid as soon as the protected building is used for mlitary operations. In other words as soon as the insurgents started using the hospital for anything other than medical purposes, all bets are off and the U.S. could level it according to the law. But, then you have the obvious problem of the fact that there is no longer a working hospital in the area. I say that is good judgement on the part of the comander. :thumbsup:

Secondly, If you could imagine the reports that would be coming out of al-jazeera Televesion...... they are about as fair and balanced as most other news shows.

So! There ya go......talk amongst yourselves!

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
edub1371 said:
Well. After all they DID give the "innocent" people over there 72 hours to get out of there Before the battle started. Anyone who is still there is either a victim of their own common sense or natural selection.
yeah? they told everyone they should leave, huh? how? let me guess.. TV eh? or "teh" internet? right. and where the fuck are the 200,000 innocent people gonna go? To a nice little camping trip, I suppose? meh. Anyways, 1/3 of the population supposedly fled even though they probably had nowhere to go, and the other 2/3 either don't want to leave, can't leave, or don't even know they should leave... blah, silly humans, silly war, silly world.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
edub1371 said:
Well. After all they DID give the "innocent" people over there 72 hours to get out of there Before the battle started. Anyone who is still there is either a victim of their own common sense or natural selection. Not to mention the fact that you could arguably say that either one is cause for the other!
Yeah, those Stupid Freakin' Uneducated Penniless Bastards, who the hell do they think they are getting in the way of OUR war. Danmmit! We should just destroy the little bit they have left.

Edub, I think you should head on over and show us all how it's done...

breakology

Kiss my Converse
IMO, The assault on Falluja is long overdue. To many Americans have already died becuase of our tip-toeing around the diplomatic process in that area.
Anyone who wanted out of Falluja has been long gone for a while, the majority of whats left are thugs, crimminals, and terrorists.
They agreed to turn in their weapons once, they did .... they agreed to turn in weapons again, and they did (why did they still have weapons if they turned them in last time?) and after turning in weapons a 2nd time they are still armed to the teeth.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:

Ummm

hey... opsec

darksinner

the big green demon
voiceofreason said:
Yeah, those Stupid Freakin' Uneducated Penniless Bastards, who the hell do they think they are getting in the way of OUR war. Danmmit! We should just destroy the little bit they have left.

Edub, I think you should head on over and show us all how it's done...
maby you could show Us the army how we could do it

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
breakology said:
Tell that to CNN who started covering the ramp up to assault yesterday
???so this battle has already taken place then???

I don't know,I have yet to watch CNN or hear of any set targets.

If so its fine I am just wondering?

breakology

Kiss my Converse
the battle has'nt started, but CNN has been covering the staging since yesterday ... along with detailed tactitcal plans etc ... blame the senior officers who like to see themselves on TV and watch the fight from Kuwait.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
breakology said:
the battle has'nt started, but CNN has been covering the staging since yesterday ... along with detailed tactitcal plans etc ... blame the senior officers who like to see themselves on TV and watch the fight from Kuwait.

Thats what I mean....

Are they giving out set targets? Hey, I am just making sure no one asses is getting in trouble and info is not falling into the wrong hands.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
voiceofreason said:
Absolutely, here's what you do.

1. Support the current government.

2. Get out.
Actually, we are supporting the currerent government by staying, and the day we leave is the day Iraq falls to a new facist regime.
I don't like it anymore than the next guy, but we are here, and now we have a certian responsibility to the people. There is no easy out anymore.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:

Now to answer your question; "Why would that be one of our majior objectives?"

Terrorist are not as stupid and dumb as you think they are. Look at how you feel about that being one of the first targets. If you didn't have a chance of holding your ground, where would you hide in? The churchs, schools and hospital. You would want to play on the sympathy of the world, the slings an arrows of sorrow. You would want to use the inoccent people in those hospitals as protection. They aren't going to bomb this building, we have sick and wonded people here... Americans won't stand for the bloodshed of inoccents so they use that as their protection and thats exactly how they think and what they are thinking.

God Bless our Troops fighting in there at this moment. I can only pray that he watches over them and brings them out safetly.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
We can discuss the logical and human rights of attacking someone all freaking day. It doesnt matter who is right or who is wrong. It is the situation at hand. The only thing that tears at my heart is that there are women and children caught up in all of this. Women, who have no rights and children who have no choice. What is our bad ass human rights govt going to do about them? Why dont we just pick them up and take them someplace safe? What if it was your wife, your child? What if someday it is? They might be terrorists, but when does the line between defending civil rights and just being a fucker get crossed? When they show it on the news, there is all these bombs and shit. All I am thinking about is that someones kid is trapped there, and cant get out. I dont care if it is a terrorists child. I can not look at this as a mother and just feel like they deserve it because of a terrorist regime. I can not look at this as a human and feel that the innocent casualties are justified because it is a means to an end of terrorism. I can not watch this without wanting to vomit or cry, and I do not even have a weak stomach and I am not prone to tears. I wish I could just grab every child and bring them to my house, take them away from all of the shit.

You can all sit and determine whether or not it is a viable recourse for our government. I really dont give a shit about that. I care about the innocent dying. The fact that I can do nothing for them makes me feel insignificant and morally defective.