WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Other The BCS and the BSC

oboegoneawry

Don't Touch my Handbag
Before we go on:
BCS - Bowl Championship Series (a bunch of idiots)
BSC - Bowl Selection Committee (a bunch of idiots)

So the BCS and the BSC are at it. Texas in the Rose Bowl instead of Cal? That doesn't make any sense.

Well, what really pisses me off about the entire thing is the fact that I can't ignore it and just watch the games on TV. I play in Arizona State's marching band, so we go wherever ASU goes. If Cal had been placed in the Rose Bowl like they should have been (instead of Texas), that means ASU would go to the Holiday Bowl in San Diego.

Instead, we're going to El Paso, Texas. What the fuck? If you could choose between a free trip to San Diego and a free trip to El Paso, which one would you choose? I know I'd choose San Diego any day.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
oboegoneawry said:
Before we go on:
BCS - Bowl Championship Series (a bunch of idiots)
BSC - Bowl Selection Committee (a bunch of idiots)

So the BCS and the BSC are at it. Texas in the Rose Bowl instead of Cal? That doesn't make any sense.

Well, what really pisses me off about the entire thing is the fact that I can't ignore it and just watch the games on TV. I play in Arizona State's marching band, so we go wherever ASU goes. If Cal had been placed in the Rose Bowl like they should have been (instead of Texas), that means ASU would go to the Holiday Bowl in San Diego.

Instead, we're going to El Paso, Texas. What the fuck? If you could choose between a free trip to San Diego and a free trip to El Paso, which one would you choose? I know I'd choose San Diego any day.
Who cares!! They got the one thats the most important right this year!

USC

oboegoneawry

Don't Touch my Handbag
Well, if it weren't for the BCS in the first place, USC would be in the Rose Bowl, Cal would be in the Holiday Bowl, and ASU would still be in the Sun Bowl. Fuck it.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
oboegoneawry said:
Well, if it weren't for the BCS in the first place, USC would be in the Rose Bowl, Cal would be in the Holiday Bowl, and ASU would still be in the Sun Bowl. Fuck it.
But that's not the case now is it!

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
I say... College football needs a playoff.... top eight teams.... fuck.. keep the BCS.. top eight BCS teams... there will always be "what if"s and "it shoulda been" s in sport.. but atleast this way we could get some sweet football... and have a December/January madness....
the other bowls could remain... but just as bowls.. not affecting the Nat'l championship..

and why the hell wasn't Louisville put in a BCS bowl game, that was retarded, they almost beat Miami, and dare I say, I think they should've been in the top 5, next year I suppose, BIG EAST here we come!