The Best Internet Home

Canadian Pyro

Postaholic
Since 2014 I have spent time sifting through old threads, some of you vets may have noticed likes from me on posts prior to 2006. One of my favorite things has been to read through old threads and get a chance to feel like I am there when the thread was poppin'. I sincerely urge some of you to do the same. It tells the story of this cum bucket.

I made this account in 2005, and I used to do that with posts from the very earliest posters. I even made my way over to the old sister site aliensoup to see where things had sort of started. (I think I remember that site going dead for a while and now it's some other forum that took over the name I guess?)

But yeah, all the weird old heads. Broken, FCC, DG, Descent, meh_it_all and a tonne of others. This place had an arcade (Heli Attack 2 champion here, by the way.), a radio station, periodic flame contests, and a really weird semi-ban forum called the cock farm that I once got stuck in for pointing out how underused it seemed to be. I learned basic markup code from posting on here, which is still the most coding I've done for fun.

This place has definitely settled down. Possibly for good this time. I’m sure it’s gone through it’s phases, but you couldn’t turn the corner without some drama or flames in the first segment of my time here. Meh, I like both versions of it...

I made this account when I was 14 years old. (And dear christ, it showed. Reading back over some of my old posts and threads is a big yikesaroni for me.) I turned 30 this year. Hard to believe, to be honest. I haven't posted here much since I was in high school, but it's cool to see that it's still here, and was fairly active even as late as five or six years ago. It's a place I think about every now and then. I think I just like there being a nostalgic link to a time I can't otherwise go back to.

Thanks for this thread, and fuck you!

• 3Like
  • 1Beer
Reactions: 3 users

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
Premium
Hell, I didn't know AlienSoup was a sister site of yours, I had been there for a minute last year getting information on fixing the arcade in my forums...

and gawd..a radio station, the fun I had writing that code into my PhpBB forums, some good music we played thru there,
WickedRadio for all intents and purposes was worldwide for about a year, then some clowns came thru with a DMCA and copyright order for the name and music.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Canadian Pyro

Postaholic
@Canadian Pyro I like how your profile page shows that you are following yourself. :thumbsup:
I have no idea when I did that, but I used to like my own facebook posts as a teenager because I thought facebook was such an absurd, dumb site.

Hell, I didn't know AlienSoup was a sister site of yours, I had been there for a minute last year getting information on fixing the arcade in my forums...
Old Aliensoup was. Current aliensoup has the domain name (and the logo?) but seemingly has a different archive. Not really sure what happened there.

and gawd..a radio station

WTFR Radio, yeah. Lots of hardcore music and some pretty decent (considering) amateur radio talk shows. A million years ago, now. Before podcasts, maybe?

• 1Like

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
I have no idea when I did that, but I used to like my own facebook posts as a teenager because I thought facebook was such an absurd, dumb site.
You must have done it before @Jason and @BRiT put some robust validation into this site. I just tried to follow myself and received the error "You are not currently able to follow this user.". Nice to see that the existing data in the database was not fixed. ;)

Facebook is still an absurd, dumb site.

• 1Like

vistascan

They're out to get me
When I joined, people were still using those forum signatures with graphics and stuff. Remember those? I made a shitty one with a pirated copy of Photoshop, back in the late 2000s, when life was good.

• 1Like