WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

The Chilling Impact of SESTA/FOSTA -- Craigslist just dropped their R&R

Crazizniac

Particinator
https://www.craigslist.org/about/FOSTA

I loved craigs lists rants and raves section. I kept track of grass roots issues in places I've lived by reading the crazy comments and getting responses from people in those areas for years and now it's gone. It feels like I've suddenly lost touch with hundreds of old friends because I can no longer chuckle at the crappy drivers or "worst intersection" or best restaurants or worst.

I am glad I still have WTF to use as a sounding board but it isn't nearly as specific to an area as c-list was and I hope WTF doesn't get turned around by the same problems that affected c-list.

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Does this mean if @MaxPower and @lady victoria start to smack each other around, WTF.com can be taken offline?

Max, you heard what ladyvic said the other day about your anatomy right? Thems fightin' words!

( @BRiT -- I knew there was a way out! lol )

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Does this mean if @MaxPower and @lady victoria start to smack each other around, WTF.com can be taken offline?

Max, you heard what ladyvic said the other day about your anatomy right? Thems fightin' words!
Hey! Watch it pal! Or I'll tell Google you have a certificate that chains to a Symantec root! :p

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Hey! Watch it pal! Or I'll tell Google you have a certificate that chains to a Symantec root! :p
Didn't do it. No one saw me do it. Can't prove a thing!

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
Nobody ever said this. CP is already illegal, and they already took down subreddits like /r/jailbait forever ago.
I was making a joke since it was not explicitly listed. Other illegal things were listed such as drugs, stolen property, and prostitution.

Anyway, I think this law will be challenged in the Supreme Court. Maybe websites will be given a grace period for the admins to remove illegal content. However, people will circumvent the law by using slang terms and implicit or double meanings. For example: Jane could advertise a garage sale.