WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines "The Culture Wars"

Ciprus9110

The 'Handi-cop'
I've recently seen a couple newscasts about gay culture debating wether it should be allowed in cartoons , wether gays should marry, etc. I just wanted to raise a discussion on an issue I watched a little while ago. Books for children about gays, lesbians, etc. It said that a book called "king and king" was a book printed for pre-schoolers about two princes falling in love, which you could imagine, raised quite a rukus. I believe that teaching tolerance to kids is a must, but making a book like that for Pre-Schoolers? ITs a little too early in my opinion, but anyways, post your thoughts.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Find the faggot who wrote that book and attach one of
http://www.wtf.com/showthread.php?t=11023
those to the flaming piece of shit.

Then papercut him with his sorry excuse for a children's book until he's unconscious from pain and bloodloss.
Then drown his candy ass in everclear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, I'm BETTING those kids are gonna get the wrong ideas about life. great. we get a bunch of preschool homosexuals. toooo early. Either that, or it won't sink in, cause they're very immature anyway.

bombchu said:
Find the faggot who wrote that book and attach one of
http://www.wtf.com/showthread.php?t=11023
those to the flaming piece of shit.

Then papercut him with his sorry excuse for a children's book until he's unconscious from pain and bloodloss.
Then drown his candy ass in everclear.
ur phuny hahahahahahahahah[/sarcasm]

No.

But seriously, when you think about it, heterosexuality is pretty well shoved down childrens throats. However, I'd still say that it's to soon in time to be selling something like that to people. It's hard enough getting teens to be open minded about something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Insanitee

I know where you live!
I dont think it should be in cartoons! It's on the same level as sex, do you see your 5 year old watching cartoons where the characters occasionally go of for a quickie? No.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
cartoons have gays all the time. its in a more sattirical method that they employ it though. havent you ever seen looney tunes when bugs bunney dresses up like a girl and pretends to flirt with the hunter? on ren and stimpy those guys are little bit :gay:. on an episode stimpy acts as a housewife to ren. on spongebob there is an episode where spongebob acts like the nagging wife to patrick and even wears a dress. most cartoons employ this sattire. children watching don't pick up on it, but if you are an adult you can see it and it is sattire. they have to have soemthing for the adults forced to watch these crappy shows with their kids.

Ciprus9110

The 'Handi-cop'
Well, its not really a method, but more accidental. Because they portray the character doing the supposedly "gay" action, its part of the character. I mean spongebob character acts happy and all that, but you wont see spongebob get wasted and screw a couple chicks? If the character acts gay to some people, half the time, its the character

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Insanitee said:
I dont think it should be in cartoons! It's on the same level as sex, do you see your 5 year old watching cartoons where the characters occasionally go of for a quickie? No.
Dude, what are you dense? Do you see hetero couples in cartoons run off and fuck? No you don't. Unless you're watching adult cartoons anyway. Gay characters aren't going to go off and fuck. The last time I checked gay folks do more than fuck each other.

Children are fed the idea of heterosexuality from the very beginning. Cinderella is waiting for her prince, Snow White is waiting for her prince etc etc etc.

So tell me what would be the difference from a kid's point of view if say, Cinderella was waiting for a Princess? Just because they're gay doesn't mean they're going to get it on. The whole point of the issue that the gay community is trying to make people more tollerant. If I 4 year old gets the idea that some guys like guys, maybe that kid won't grow up afraid of homosexuals.

Think about it you dipshits. The same argument could be made about letting black people into cartoons. If you let them in, the kids might think they're normal or equal or something. Oh noes!

Who cares who fucks who? Stick to your sex of preference and I fail to see what your problem is. Or did you want to regulate everyone's bedroom to make sure they're only having the kind of sex you approve of?

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Ciprus9110 said:
Well, its not really a method, but more accidental. Because they portray the character doing the supposedly "gay" action, its part of the character. I mean spongebob character acts happy and all that, but you wont see spongebob get wasted and screw a couple chicks? If the character acts gay to some people, half the time, its the character
I'd prefer the word subliminal.

Wizardly made a good point. It makes you wonder if its a little more than coincidence and a chain of little accidents.
... fucking purple teletubby...

UberSkippy said:
Dude, what are you dense? Do you see hetero couples in cartoons run off and fuck? No you don't. Unless you're watching adult cartoons anyway. Gay characters aren't going to go off and fuck. The last time I checked gay folks do more than fuck each other.

Children are fed the idea of heterosexuality from the very beginning. Cinderella is waiting for her prince, Snow White is waiting for her prince etc etc etc.

So tell me what would be the difference from a kid's point of view if say, Cinderella was waiting for a Princess? Just because they're gay doesn't mean they're going to get it on. The whole point of the issue that the gay community is trying to make people more tollerant. If I 4 year old gets the idea that some guys like guys, maybe that kid won't grow up afraid of homosexuals.

Think about it you dipshits. The same argument could be made about letting black people into cartoons. If you let them in, the kids might think they're normal or equal or something. Oh noes!

Who cares who fucks who? Stick to your sex of preference and I fail to see what your problem is. Or did you want to regulate everyone's bedroom to make sure they're only having the kind of sex you approve of?
Nice point, sonny. I agree, some day we might look back at this time as a revolution for homosexuals. The 1950's were, and I hope the same can be applied to now.
WizardlyFriend said:
cartoons have gays all the time. its in a more sattirical method that they employ it though. havent you ever seen looney tunes when bugs bunney dresses up like a girl and pretends to flirt with the hunter? on ren and stimpy those guys are little bit :gay:. on an episode stimpy acts as a housewife to ren. on spongebob there is an episode where spongebob acts like the nagging wife to patrick and even wears a dress. most cartoons employ this sattire. children watching don't pick up on it, but if you are an adult you can see it and it is sattire. they have to have soemthing for the adults forced to watch these crappy shows with their kids.
Ren and Stimpy pwns the shit out of the news, my friend. I'd love to see it back on the air.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Well I think it would be ok to have some same sex couples on cartoons. Remember the old Batman series, aimed at kids, obviously gay couple. That worked out pretty well.

As long as the cartoons aren't going into R and NC-17 sex on screen, what does it matter?

Descent

Hella Constipated
Ciprus9110 said:
I've recently seen a couple newscasts about gay culture debating wether it should be allowed in cartoons , wether gays should marry, etc. I just wanted to raise a discussion on an issue I watched a little while ago. Books for children about gays, lesbians, etc. It said that a book called "king and king" was a book printed for pre-schoolers about two princes falling in love, which you could imagine, raised quite a rukus. I believe that teaching tolerance to kids is a must, but making a book like that for Pre-Schoolers? ITs a little too early in my opinion, but anyways, post your thoughts.

That was prevalent in the 90's - it was indirect.

I've seen it in everything from Tiny Toons to Taz-Mania, and even Sonic the Hedgehog. Actually, I think there were at least four episodes where I saw Sonic in drag, and at least seven Tiny Toons ones. I saw at least two Taz-Mania episodes like that. Occasionally there would be a PSA or graphic that looked...well, gay.

I would provide more data but there's nothing I can acquire right now, and that link is a running YTMND gag, so that's how I found it.

I used to watch lots of TV when I was a kid. The trick was getting it to go by the censors via indirect references. Usually it was done as a prank or a plot against the performer's nemesis.

I have an amazingly powerful long term memory - it's bizzarre. I even remember the first time my mother farted at the dinner table :confused:.

Insanitee

I know where you live!
YEA!!! And as if all the smurfs arn't GAY!!!! The only chick in the village is Violet, and what about how they talk!!!!! Either that, or Violet must be the loosest cartoon character in history!

bnccoder

Postaholic
Insanitee said:
YEA!!! And as if all the smurfs arn't GAY!!!! The only chick in the village is Violet, and what about how they talk!!!!! Either that, or Violet must be the loosest cartoon character in history!
Smurfet*

Rep points for the name of the cat.

R

RedOctober

JLXC said:
Well I think it would be ok to have some same sex couples on cartoons. Remember the old Batman series, aimed at kids, obviously gay couple. That worked out pretty well.
Yeah, and what to think of Donald Duck with his 3 little nephews?!

When do some parents sew Disney for that!

Even worse: Snowhite and 7 dwarfs!

Gosh! They really must have given her a hard time!