WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines The Damn War in Iraq Vs. Damn North Korea

Damn...Ya know...Think about this for a sec...

Everybody is up in arms about Americas "Pre-Emptive" strike on Iraq...

People say, "We shouldn't have gone to war with Iraq, they posed no threat to us"

Bush called Iraq an "emminent danger", said we HAD TO GO...

Now, this post isn't FOR or AGAINST the war, I could really care less. It's all gonna go down eventually.

But if this danger that Iraq posed was so severe, then why aren't we so quick to taking action against North Korea?

Iraq DENIED the existence of WMD's (Which SO FAR has proven mostly true). They were a corrupt nation under Saddam Hussein, but they stuck to themselves mostly, all just wanting to be left alone to continue the rape, torture, etc.

And so went to war with Iraq...

Then there's North Korea. They are CONSTANTLY in our faces threatening to use NUCLEAR WEAPONS against us if we don't do this or that. I believe their last statement was "We have the bomb, and we will use it against you"

And all president Bush wants to do is hold more "Talks" with them...

Go to war with Iraq because of mainly suspicion...then sit on our asses and do nothing when North Korea threatens to nuke us...

smart

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
yah wanna know why? b/c we're afraid if we go into the DPRK china will become involved. why do you think we don't want to lift the weapons ban on sales to china?

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
another thing:

If you meet two angry fellas, one who fights with fists and one whos got a gun, who are you going to be more willing to fight?

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
I'll tell you why we went after Iraq. It's simple really

1. North Korea has no oil so there's no long term fiscal gain.
2. North Korea HAS nukes. This is well known, well documented and scary as all fucking get out.
3. North Korea has missiles capable of delivering their nukes as far as San Fransisco.
4. We've already tangled with North Korea once and lost. Nobody is in a hurry to try that a second time.

So yeah, two guys to fight, one has a gun, the other is in a wheel chair. You choose.

bnccoder

Postaholic
1. Bush was trying to make up for his father's failure in the Middle East.
2. If they have nukes and we have nukes then M.A.D. is assured.
3. A nation has the right to continue its practices and not to be governed by a distant force. It's like us with GB.
4. North Korea has ONLY threatened to use their weapons. They never staged an attack on the US.
5. The USA is a big bully but we have the biggest sticks.
6. We attack but we attack smart. If we had not attacked in Iraq and Afghanistan there is no telling how many people and countries would be launching attacks at the US. We have to keep the US as a "Powerful Force” in the eyes of our opponents.

ferengi

Yay fire!
bnccoder said:
4. North Korea has ONLY threatened to use their weapons. They never staged an attack on the US.
I don't really think any country would be stupid enough to launch a nuke at us or any other country. M.A.D.!

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
bnccoder said:
6. We attack but we attack smart. If we had not attacked in Iraq and Afghanistan there is no telling how many people and countries would be launching attacks at the US. We have to keep the US as a "Powerful Force” in the eyes of our opponents.
The only problem with this is that Iraq was never a threat to the US after 9/11. Even if they DID have WMD, there was no practical way to deliver them to the US. There was no link between Saddam and al-Qa'ida that was ever substantiated. The truth is, the only al-Qa'ida training camp that was ever found in Iraq was inside the Northern-No-Fly zone; an area of Iraq controlled by US forces at the time.

No, Iraq was not a threat to the United States.

We're not seen as a "Powerful Force" because of what we did in the Middle East. We're mostly seen as a gigantic bully that needs to be knee capped. For the most part we've just pissed people off, we haven't intimidated them. We've also proved that we're GREAT at taking down governments and controlling countries but that we suck at dealing with opponents with no government or countries to take down.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Well, smart as defined by "Military Intelligence". Something that goes together as well as "Microsoft Works" another great oxymoron.

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
gurlgonewild said:
yah wanna know why? b/c we're afraid if we go into the DPRK china will become involved. why do you think we don't want to lift the weapons ban on sales to china?
china stopped supporting the DPRK a long time before the russians, have a look on wikipedia if you think i'm bullshitting you

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
ah yes, however they are their #1 if not their only trading partner, they're a dying breed (their style of govt), they're neighbors...they have a lot in common or common interests to this day- like western meddling (tawaiin, hong kong, s. korea, japan...etc) which doesn't sit well w/ either country.

in this case, i think china would be more likely to want to reclaim korea for themselves.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
dookie said:
china stopped supporting the DPRK a long time before the russians, have a look on wikipedia if you think i'm bullshitting you
we are fucked if china gets involved. if the us become enemies with china....i suggest you all get your asses down here to perth....why attach perth when you can have a shot at the sydney harbour bridge??

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
If Iived in relatively small country like Korea (either one), and it was that close to relatively large country with history gobbling up its neighbors, example China, then I would definitely want some nukes.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
I read somewhere that north korea's budget for defense and military research is something like 90-95% of GDP, wich is the highest military spending rate in the world... So even if they're a small country, the got shitloads of guns. Anyways like someone said, we definitely shouldn't get beef with China. Some people say they're the next "superpower".. the "dragon" is awakening economically wich allows them to support a larger and more powerful army. I say IF there is a WW3 it's definitely going to be the east (china russia india) vs the west and that would be the deadliest war ever.

luckily I'm in Canada so if there's a war I can always drive up north till I'm 10 hours from any urban zone :) (or fight if the cause is worth my life :gun: )

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Rage against said:
luckily I'm in Canada so if there's a war I can always drive up north till I'm 10 hours from any urban zone :)
I thought Canada was 10 hours away from any urban zones. ;)

Ultranothing said:
Damn...Ya know...Think about this for a sec...

Everybody is up in arms about Americas "Pre-Emptive" strike on Iraq...

People say, "We shouldn't have gone to war with Iraq, they posed no threat to us"

Bush called Iraq an "emminent danger", said we HAD TO GO...

Now, this post isn't FOR or AGAINST the war, I could really care less. It's all gonna go down eventually.

But if this danger that Iraq posed was so severe, then why aren't we so quick to taking action against North Korea?

Iraq DENIED the existence of WMD's (Which SO FAR has proven mostly true). They were a corrupt nation under Saddam Hussein, but they stuck to themselves mostly, all just wanting to be left alone to continue the rape, torture, etc.

And so went to war with Iraq...

Then there's North Korea. They are CONSTANTLY in our faces threatening to use NUCLEAR WEAPONS against us if we don't do this or that. I believe their last statement was "We have the bomb, and we will use it against you"

And all president Bush wants to do is hold more "Talks" with them...

Go to war with Iraq because of mainly suspicion...then sit on our asses and do nothing when North Korea threatens to nuke us...

smart
any1 ever thought about this....

america....alot of fuckin nuclear weapons
north korea...just 1...just 1 bomb.
iraq.....THEYAINT GOT SHIT
and afghanistan......once more, they aint got shiet

so...any1 figure out wats wrong wit that picutre?

BigTexMarine25

how YOU doin'?
here is how i see it, i could be wrong, but it is my opinion...
1. we cant start messing with N.Korea because we are still involved with the whole iraq and afghanistan thing. our troops are already spread thin.
2. Due to the Korean war being so "political" we lost a bunch of US lives that didnt need to be over there in the first place, why take the risk again if there is a possibility of handling things a more democratic way?
3. true N.Korea might be a small country, but when you are so small amongst giants, you need to heavily fortify yourself to protect yourself to not be taken advantage of.
4. even if N Korea wanted to hit us with a nuke, it wouldnt make it here. our technology is one of the best in the world. we have so many different ways to monitor what is going on around us, that if a nuke was in the air on its way over, we would see it on radar and intercept it.
5. if there was a WW3, more than likely, china and russia would be on our side. just like in WW2...... the US and Russia are pretty chummy right now as compared to how they were right after WW2. China might possibly switch due to them being mostly communist still. but all in all, we would have more power on ally side than the other.

=User_Name=

CuntWaffle or Dumbass?
Nuke?

Me thinks we need to nuke em and move on :D :sword: :sword:

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Actually guys, the real reason why the US government don't want north korea to have nuclear weapons is they are scared that they might sell them to terrorists. If North Korea launches a nuclear strike on the US, they will be fucking destroyed before their nuke even reaches the American continent. Pyongyang wouldn't be that dumb. They would instead sell a nuke to some terrorist group and reject all the blame afterwards.