WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

The Dead Thread [2017+]

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
'Batman' actor Adam West dies

Adam West, star of the popular and campy 1960s "Batman" TV show, has died, his agent said. The actor was 88.

In a signature role, West played Bruce Wayne and his alter ego, the crime-fighting, costumed Batman, a popular comics character who came to life on the ABC-TV series. The show, with a catchy -- some might say aggravating -- theme song, earned a cult following.

Source: CNN

53V3N

The slow blade penetrates the shield.
Premium
It's funny now, looking back when we were kids, how cool Adam West was as Batman. Now we have what's-his-face and the new guy as the caped crusader. Will we look back at Justice League one day and chuckle?

I hope maggots find nourishment in your corpse, Mr. West.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
It's funny now, looking back when we were kids, how cool Adam West was as Batman. Now we have what's-his-face and the new guy as the caped crusader. Will we look back at Justice League one day and chuckle?

I hope maggots find nourishment in your corpse, Mr. West.
I simply hope that the 'Make-me-look-dead-but-not-be-dead Anti-aging Bat Spray' effects wear off while I am alive and Adam West can live on in obscurity like Elvis.

53V3N

The slow blade penetrates the shield.
Premium
One of my favorite Ardman animations is this:

"... in Brazil, you have the space... although you don't have all this technological... but you have the space..."

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
Just talked about this very subject a couple weeks ago with my oldest. A high school friend of mine has a son who attempted to off himself and I'm sure it probably came out of the blue. So I asked my kid "you ever thought of that" he said he did when he was younger. I try and keep a keen eye on this shit because my brother decided it was his solution. So as were talking music came up and I repeated how much I thought Linkin Park sucked (Hybrid Theory is one of his faves). To me its just a bunch of whiny nonsense. So I pulled up some of their lyrical offerings and yup...whiny nonsense. I honestly think it you rehash all these feelings of angst or anxiety or whatever you BECOME those feelings of angst or anxiety or whatever. The last thing Chester Bennington should have been doing is singing 'Crawling' for the umpteenthousandth time.

Look at a sampling of his lyrics with STP

Loneliness is beautiful, it leads you home again
Happiness is overrated, joy is infinite
Liberate the hate you feel before it’s permanent
Smile when it hurts, it works like mother’s medicine

Nonsense. Humans are a communal species. Loneliness isn't beautiful. Loneliness leads you to a house...not a home. Happiness isn't overrated. I'm not talking hedonism. I'm talking contentedness. Joy isn't infinite.

Chester Bennington was blessed with the gift of voice. Too bad he was also blessed with an extremely retarded philosophy.

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
^ Whenever I listen to Linkin Park's "Numb", I think about my parents. I can really relate to the lyrics. Maybe your son can relate to the lyrics too. (By the way, I am close to your age.)

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
I'll ask but it would seem like a pretty huge stretch for him to claim some type of association with the lyrics I just read.

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
I'll ask but it would seem like a pretty huge stretch for him to claim some type of association with the lyrics I just read.
Well maybe not today that he's not a teen anymore (I guess).
When I listen to some of my teenage favourite music I wonder how I could relate to that, but then I remember about all the weird feelings I went thru when I was a teenager and I lull into melancholy. They were fucked up times indeed.

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
^ some say it's all about forbidden substances.
I'm sorry I have a huge bias on bodybuilding in general, I tend to believe that most builders are doped.

ib4

Error
Staff
^ some say it's all about forbidden substances.
I'm sorry I have a huge bias on bodybuilding in general, I tend to believe that most builders are doped.
^ My first thought when I saw that picture: Holy Steroids!
Yes, its no secret that bodyybuilders (especially if they compete) are on gear. It only seems like a secret to those who aren't involved in fitness. Generally people from the outside looking in, or casual gym goers, seem to think that steroid use among bodybuilders is some secret. Its not. everyone from Arnold to Rich Piana has admitted steroid use and fitness fans know this. Many BB have also admitted that you can't even compete(pro-card, stage competitions) anymore with out doing gear.

Also, there's a dark stigma around steroid usage. I've never done them myself, but have plenty of friends who have, and there's plenty of articles on this topic about it...but the stigma is based on irresponsible usage. There is a right way, a wrong way, an ok type, and a bad type of steroid usage to be involved in. Your average Joe picks up roids, continues to eat like shit, and doesn't cycle properly, and that's what immediately creates the bad stigma. Then there is the long term bodybuilder who never let them go, those are generally the guys who suffer heart attacks, and they contribute to that stigma as well.

Rich here didn't die from usage. It did however, spur the problem. When he fainted (most likely from the heart attack-most likely from years of usage and his ridiculous diet-look up 5% Nutrition to understand) he slammed is head. They induced him medically to a coma. This occurs when you have a brain injury. So he survived whatever caused him to faint, but was killed by how hard he hit his head.

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
I know it's not the use, but the abuse.
Anyway, this didn't change the state of things, he hit his head because he fainted. He fainted because he fucked up, one way or another.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not here feasting on his death, I'm stating that probably he could have avoided this kind of situation.
Lately another Italian bodybuilder died at 33 because he abused substances.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
In my rural area, there have been a couple of 'freak' falls that caused a couple of deaths. One collapsed one of those white plastic patio chairs and cracked his head on some brickwork on the way down, and the other was a fall down some stairs.