WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines The Draft - Reinstated? What do YOU think?

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
"$28 million has been added to the 2004 Selective Service System (SSS) budget to prepare for a military draft that could start as early as June 15, 2005. "

Source:
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?alertid=5834001&content_dir=ua_congressorg

Could never come to fruition, but crazier things have happened... I'm older than draft age, so won't be going anywhere personally however I'd like to hear everyone's reactions to the story above and opinions on whether you think the draft is a good idea or a bad idea and why? :gun:

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
Jason said:
"$28 million has been added to the 2004 Selective Service System (SSS) budget to prepare for a military draft that could start as early as June 15, 2005. "

Source:
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?alertid=5834001&content_dir=ua_congressorg

Could never come to fruition, but crazier things have happened... I'm older than draft age, so won't be going anywhere personally however I'd like to hear everyone's reactions to the story above and opinions on whether you think the draft is a good idea or a bad idea and why? :gun:
well im fucked see ya in canada sod

Paul

Tenderony
youknowthedeal said:
well im fucked see ya in canada sod
shame that wont be an option...

"College and Canada will not be options. In December 2001, Canada and the U.S. signed a "smart border declaration," which could be used to keep would-be draft dodgers in. Signed by Canada's minister of foreign affairs, John Manley, and U.S. Homeland Security director, Tom Ridge, the declaration involves a 30-point plan which implements, among other things, a "pre-clearance agreement" of people entering and departing each country"

i could probably get out of it because of my bum knee, but i dont think we should be drafted for a pointless war

i'd be happy to be a civilian worker at a base, but thats about it

i'm not gonna die for a war that we shouldnt be involved in

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
well, i know im not goin, i've done my time in that crap.plus im sure i've
surpassed the age thing.
you gotta love the good ol' us of a.
freedom of speech, freedom of religion,freedom to stick our ass where it does'nt belong. ect. ect.

Fugly

Tenderony
Idiots. Lets just put up a wall around our country and let the rest of the world die. Do we not have a resposibility not just to ourselves but to all of mankind. I'll be the first to say we don't do everything correctly (Iraq has been a debacle)...but we try. We try and your service members die . How are we going to continue to survive when the entire world continues to say it's not my problem. Millions of women raped and killed in Kosovo...not my problem. Millions killed and imprisoned for nothing more then verbal dissent in iraq...not my problem. A billion women in the world with out the right to vote or speak or show their faces, denied basic human rights...not my problem. You people make me sick. When asked to fight against the Axis your grandparents didn't run, didn't say I'm to old, my knee hurts, I'm a pussy please don't kill me...they stayed they ran to the recruitment office and they fought, and died, like men. You are not men. You barely earn the right to be a part of the human race. Climb out of your Mc'Donald's eating hole and look around you. Realize nothing gets better without personal sacrifice. Realize that we, as the foremost nation in the world...not just in economics...but in civil liberties must push for individiual accomplishment, the end to all discrimination, and basic civil freedoms we enjoy (i.e. political discussion on a forum) for all people on the earth, not just for souless computer jockeys who are to scared to even hold up the legecy of their forefathers. Be ashamed...and be wiling to do whats right.

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
have you ever killed before???
i have you know what i like killing things, but only when there not shooting back.
as for you, i think your a stupid fuck.
WWII was not started by us, we finished that conflict for the asshat brits
so i dont wanna hear your whineing about how we are scared to fight for our country, i think your a taliban fuckin spy so go back to your little cave and tell osoma that i've now got a personal vendeta with him/her

TALIBAN BITCH

Paul

Tenderony
you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but christ, give me a break

CHOOSING to be in the military like you have apparently done, is much different than BEING FORCED to be in the military

you are welcome to die for your country, and more power to you thats something we can all respect, but forcing others to do so is where i draw the line

ron

Buster of Asses
Jason said:
Hell yes! It builds character. Draft those little fuckers, male and female alike, then let them come in whining on WTF.com. Hell, make it a 2 year enlistment like in Greece.

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
unckle ron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where u been
i wanna kill osoma and a buncha sand ******s
so bring it on biotch

ron

Buster of Asses
Fugly said:
Climb out of your Mc'Donald's eating hole and look around you. Realize nothing gets better without personal sacrifice. Realize that we, as the foremost nation in the world...not just in economics...but in civil liberties must push for individiual accomplishment, the end to all discrimination, and basic civil freedoms we enjoy (i.e. political discussion on a forum) for all people on the earth, not just for souless computer jockeys who are to scared to even hold up the legecy of their forefathers. Be ashamed...and be wiling to do whats right.
Gawd-damn, son! Where to begin? That whole post rocked. ++

gumercules

Ultra Mega
i won't have to worry about the draft because i'll be active duty anyway by the time it goes into effect (which it won't i'm fairly sure)

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
o canada

can't we just be a neutral country, nope, we have to stick our business everywhere and act like we're supreme...well since canada's not an option to hide from a draft, I doubt I'll get in because I have severe bronchile asthma, run down a field 20 feet and I'll die before even seeing the action...plus I play paintball but u know no one's gonna die, but I couldn't stand to shoot another human, I might fire around him or something, lol...I got this whole problem where if I see blood I get dizzy, I almost passed out at work cause of someone, pretty funny

blw72887

Just a poster
Well the draft is bad for some people.. some people don't mind it.. considering i am the youngest I don't have to worry about it in the mean time, but If my country calls on my name then I be gladly to go.. after all Freedom don't come free, and we must show any opposers that we will not take fucking shit from anybody.. that is why we poke... don't think afganahistan.. or however you spell the fucking name... was our problem..?

As for current situation in Iraq... those fucking ungrateful people can kiss my fucking ass...lol (except those In Iraq.. which is many that actually support their liberation).

ferengi

Yay fire!
Fuck the draft. Government comes after me, I'll go break my leg or something. I'm not about to uproot my life to go to a foreign country, just so I can kill a bunch of cowardly sons of bitches that assrape each other every day, and die for a bunch of ungrateful shitheads that I don't give a damn about anyway.
I fail to see how we are "defending freedom" by intervening in the affairs of other nations. The draft itself is a flagrant violation of our freedoms. If you choose to go into the military, do it of your own accord. We don't need the government forcing us to serve them while they sit comfortably behind a desk and make decisions that affect our lives.

Sektor

Particinator
Well shit...

I'll be 18 by then... and out of high school.

Hell, don't make a difference to me. Either way, I'm going to the military regardless. The draft will just mean I'll have to go out on the front line and kill something.

And I'm certainly not afraid to kill someone. Why the fuck not, they're gonna kill me. They want me dead. So since they want me dead, let the gun do the talkin', let the bullets do the rippin', and let the enemy do the dyin'. Suicide bombin' bastards. And if they kill me, then so be it.

And for anyone who's of age, this is a war. People are gonna die. You might end up dead. Suck it up and deal with it, OR... move to Mexico.