WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines The Eugenics Movement

R

RedOctober

Well, it inspired Adolph Hitler to organize the Holocaust, but it's American, so nobody sees any harm in it. :confused:

RedOctober said:
Well, it inspired Adolph Hitler to organize the Holocaust, but it's American, so nobody sees any harm in it. :confused:
Harsh words. I don't think anyone was implying that. FCC was just noting that it is interesting to read. I can't say that I agree with Eugenic ideals but its better to know and avoid than be ignorant and unknowingly perform (something like that).

RDubb said:
Harsh words. I don't think anyone was implying that. FCC was just noting that it is interesting to read. I can't say that I agree with Eugenic ideals but its better to know and avoid than be ignorant and unknowingly perform (something like that).
Clearly you didn't read it. Adolf Hitler was inspired by the American Eugenics movement and set up the Holocaust. The solution was originally to isolate the inferior race and sterilize them. That was what Galton wanted to happen. However, Davenport took it a step forward and thought that they had to be killed. I will not discuss this to someone that did not read it. Read them and be educated. It is worth the read.