WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

The fingers...

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Damnit!

Alright, I told a couple of you on chat about the finger fiasco a while ago. In short, for non-chatting members:

I used to play bass guitar, but I stopped, and have since lost my callouses. Well, I was sitting in on bass for my friend's band, trying to play like I used to when I had callouses, and I rocked out a little too hard. I ended up with MASSIVE blood blisters on three fingers. None of them have completely healed up yet, but I can use all of those fine.

But, I have a new problem:

I have typed all of this without the use of my ring finger. During my basketball game yesterday, I blocked a kid's shot, and apparently did it wrong. I immediately knew something was wrong, but I played the rest of the quarter (1st quarter). I sat the second quarter, and went to the bathroom, put it in ice-cold water, and had to set it myself :rolleyes: When I returned, I resumed playing. I took a rebound (OW!), I blocked a shot (OUCH!), I got a steal (YOW!), and sucked on my finger (now swollen to twice its normal size) at every break. I played the rest of the game, and now I'm trying to learn how to do everything without my ring finger on my left hand (and I'm left-handed!).

A girl tried to hold my hand yesterday. She grabbed my left hand while we were walking, and I jumped back and yelled out. I explained, but that was awkward with a capital A! Damn.

God damnit. The fingers! The fingers!

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
oh man, i have jammed many a finger playing basketball and football. theys a son of bitch, your not kidding. Sucks real bad when ya gotta wipe yer ass after a shit. If you aint ambidextrous... its a real pain to work it with your non-dominant hand. Woof.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I am ambidextrous, but I never realized how much I used my ring finger...

Tying my shoes is a bitch!

I feel your pain. The first instrument I ever got into was the bass, and I fucking killed my fingers playing, but it was a bit of an addiction. I had band-aids on all my fingers constantly. Once I got my base playing fingers (callouses) I would still jam out and get bloody fingers. It fucking sucked.

Since then though I switched to drums, and I got drum hands, which to me was warts wherever I would hold the sticks. That was the oddest thing to me. Then they went away and became the ugliest scars I've ever seen. Then I switched to the guitar, and now I've got even harder callouses than when I was playing base. I can put out cigs between my fingertips like it was nothing.

Don't ever let your callouses heal, that means you've been neglecting your instruments.

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
wipe your ass with your other hand genius.

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
brotha brotha brotha....ya gots to be doin SUMTIN rong jeesus

Zickddot said:
brotha brotha brotha....ya gots to be doin SUMTIN rong jeesus

\What the hell are you talking about?

gummi_

Tenderony
Playing Bball doesn't mess around with your fingers too much ... i played a few games and jarred my fingers then, but after the first 4 or so then you just figure out how to do stuff without your fingers getting cained..

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Use it man. Chicks dig thick fingers.

Descent

Hella Constipated
HAHA! Good one Max.

I'll post a picture of my middle finger in this thread in a couple days...You think you are unlucky? My finger was born fucked up!

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
Descent said:
HAHA! Good one Max.

I'll post a picture of my middle finger in this thread in a couple days...You think you are unlucky? My finger was born fucked up!
how fucked up?

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
The thought this thread was going to be about how to get out of those Chinese Finger torture devices. You know the kind you get in Mexico?

Easty

Click click boom
finger pains are a bitch. so are slamming them in a car door on a titty-bit-nipply day :redface:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
gummi_ said:
Playing Bball doesn't mess around with your fingers too much ... i played a few games and jarred my fingers then, but after the first 4 or so then you just figure out how to do stuff without your fingers getting cained..
I'm no newcomer to basketball, I've been playing for years and I'm good (I was the #2 overall pick in the draft for my league), it was just one of those freak accidents I guess.

I'm going to have to play though the pain the next couple of weeks. I can handle it, though. It's not my shooting hand.

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
man that aint nothin.....did u hear about this guy in philly who was shoveling snow at the Linc for 30 hours with no gloves on....he got frostbite and they removed 8 of his fingers yesterday.....he got his thumbs tho :thumbsup: