WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe The Gift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lrsd.

Flame Bait
My great grandmother was about 16-20 when she had 'the gift' and she was able to see things or feel things that couldnt be understood by the naked eye.
Its been said that i have adopted genes of the gift passed down through my ansesters, went to the docters but they cant seem to see whats wrong but they say that i could be connect through my grandmother and thats why ive been given some parts of the gift.

Im able to pick on on vibes around me and i sometimes see things which are unexplainable.

I was just wondering what your thoughts were on this because i like to get an over view of your opinions.

For those who share my thoughts i wish to try and understand more so tell me what you think

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
This is pretty much coevered in the ESP thread. It seems youngsters have more access to "The Gift" and it usually fades as they grow older. The ones who keep the gift seem to claim some pretty amazing powers, though many of them go underground as opposed to all the charlatins that claim they have it when older. I believe it's quite possible, but I have seen so many of the charlatins I have to keep an open mind, while doubting claims at first blush.

I've experienced many unusual things in person, and much of it when I was in my teens. Give us some examples of how the "gift" works for you, and or, her. I like to hear stuff like that.

Lrsd.

Flame Bait
on various occastions i have frozen or closed my eyes and seen something....a person or something happening....

example...i was in the park with some mates having a great time and i then froze and about 3 secs later i came 2. I had seen 2 girls , blonde , and one had a phone and creamish bag... the other had a pair of red glasses on...thats all i could remember.. about 20mins later we went past the shop and the 2 girls i identified in my vision were the ones in front of us. i didnt tell any1 because my friends are not as open to the psychics and the like since there backgrounds are from alot of divored familys living in poorer areas and so they rely on themselves rather then god.

I was also once woke up in the morning...it was a beatiful day but i was feeling bad....as if something was about to go or had gone....later that day i had hear the the next door neighbours dog (who ive known since my birth and looked after as it had grown up) had suddenly died throught out the day.

Alot say this is coincedence. there other thing but they go a little deeper then i would like to talk about.

still your views are always appreiciated.

Pappy

Slayer of All Good
I say it's like a 3rd sense or 3rd eye....You see/hear/feel things that "Normal" people don't...I believe in 3rd sense and being able to see the future before it happens and shit. I think your family just has a trait of being able to use some part of your brain that most people cant use....

dirtlover

The best and the worst
paranoia and just believing in shit that could help you make decisions so that you won't have to think for yourself.

btw, were the doctors in a normal hospital/clinic or in the psychiatric part? :rolleyes:

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
"I knew it... I always felt there was something.. wrong with the world."
"Oh, no, that's just paranoia, perfectly normal, everyone in the Uinverse gets that..."
-Hitch Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
My Gifts are pretty strong shit.. I managed to find a few others like myself and start a Clan of sorts. Black Path forever!

dirtlover

The best and the worst
OmegaZeto said:
My Gifts are pretty strong shit.. I managed to find a few others like myself and start a Clan of sorts. Black Path forever!
:rofl: good 1

tw33k

Theoretical Realist
So you got ESP, the big question is how can you make money with it?

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
tw33k said:
So you got ESP, the big question is how can you make money with it?

That IS a good question.
I, for one, don't think it would be very fair to normal people to use such powers for personal gain, but it's not like they play fair anyway. Aside from that, just because you can do something doesn't mean that should be the thing you do to make money. For instance, I'm writing novels. no Powers needed there except Unusually Powerful Patience.

Quitii

Spank {the monkey}
JLXC said:
This is pretty much coevered in the ESP thread. It seems youngsters have more access to "The Gift" and it usually fades as they grow older.
with that it could simply be seen as "growing up." ya know, adults typically believe alot less of things out of the norm, such as esp and such

magnolia

Postaholic
I know that some people are more sensitive to energy changes and such, and I do believe that some people are psycic. (Not like those quacks you call up over the phone, but the real McCoy.)

I personally have a lot of deja vois (sp?) I'll dream something, and even if it's years later, it will come true. (The dreams that seem real anyway. Not the a dinosaur ate me or the seeing my Grandfather alive and well after he's been dead for 8 years.) My Mom said once that it was because someone in our family's history was a witch. But I'm not so sure about that.

As far as feeling things or hearing things that aren't there, I've experienced it. So I believe it's real.

I was cleaning my neighbor's cabin and it was dark out. Like usual I locked all the doors and windows as soon as I got there, so I knew I was alone. I stated cleaning and while I was vaccuming, I felt a stong male presence following me. I tried to ignore it, but it got so strong that I had to turn on the stereo super loud to distract me. As soon as I turned off the vaccume the feeling went away. Then I was getting ready to mop the kitchen floor and I heard some young boys down in the basement. The light was off down there and I thought maybe I was just imagining it. I started scrubbing the floor and then I heard the boys louder and now they were running up and down the stairs. I dumped the water and booked it out of there before the house was clean. I quit after that. It was so real, but when I had gone to check out the first noises downstiars, I felt uneasy, but there wasn't anyone there. When I got home, our paster was there because my parents used to have their bible study at our house. I told him and my parents about it and my pastor laughed at me. So did my dad, but my mom took me seriously. I've only been in that cabin twice since the incident. Once to collect my money, and once to go get my brother.

I beleive that there are things out there that we can't see, but I choose not to mess with it either. Frankly, it scares the shit out of me.

R

RedOctober

Hmm... Witches as in fairy tales don't exist. Witches that were prosecuted and got a punishment were victims of an absurd judgement, often fed by greed, fear of jealosy.

So, the real witches were people who knew a lot about nature and herbs and such. People that knew how to cure people.
Also knew how to deal with pchychological problems of other people.

What you tell is a way your natural escape drive works.
You are in a situation you don't feel well, so your brains are feeding your impuls to leave the place.
Nothing wrong with that. Allways listen to it!

There might be something wrong, that you don't see in that moment, or don't understand yet. If you use a vacuum cleaner, you are not able to hear what is going on elsewhere in the house, so you hear "voices" as a warning.
Shut the door, turn on the lights. Do anything that you feel safe, and it will dissapear.

A tip.. Watch a cat entering a strange place.
It's very cautious, sniffing and searching every corner.
And they don't like to enter a room with only one escape route.

hmmmmm the idea of ESP is questionable to me, i believe that people experience dejavue, but even still thats questionable. i believe in many things that are debated like gohsts and ET's but ESP thats something that i would have to see to believe.

Quitii

Spank {the monkey}
Nymphchick said:
but ESP thats something that i would have to see to believe.
the only problem is that you can never really prove it... i mean, esp cant be seen... maybe someone is just really good at guessing games, reading people, whatever... i mean i practice that every day. i sit down, pick a person... observe them... try to figure out what they are gonna say.... thats what police/fbi/cia/whatever do... they learn their people and are able to figure out the persons thoughts and/or moves. as i said in the ESP thread, esp could simply be a person being more observant of their surroundings and other people.

Gem

Flame Bait
Check out books on indigos, indigo children. There are different gifts, most of us have them, many never notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.