WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

the "homeless"

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
Right, so a few months ago, i was in a universal church.(a place where all religions come to)
This man dressed in really bad and dirty clothes walks in and was listening to the sermon.after the sermon he came up to me telling me his life"story".
apparently he was put in jail for a murder he didnt commit and he was trying to get to some town where his mothers best friend live. He wanted to go there because she wrote to him in jail telling him that after he gehts out, he is more than welcome to come and stay with her.
This dude asks me for bus fare and some food money.I thought he must be telling me the truth cos he was crying and shit, so i gave him $20.
Yesterday, i was went to a burger place called checkers(its in a kinda shady area) and i saw the SAMEW FUCKING GUY ASKING PEOPLE FOR MONEY USING THE SAME FUCKING STORY.

I was Soooooo fucking pissed, im like is this where you live bitch.I fukin told everyone to take there money back from the bastard and We found drugs on him.So these bunch of guys wanted to take him to the cops but me and this other guy said that we should just let him go.
I dont know what happened to him because i left as they were still discussing what to do with the bastard.
This people are fucking bastards, i wouldnt mind giving him money for food, but for drugs! no way.I Shoulda let them take the motherfuker to the cops.:mfinger: :mfinger: :sword:

once i was walking to through some woods by my house, and i found a blanket, broken lawn mower, paper plates, and a shirt... so i looked around and a bum came out and started throwing glass beer bottles at me so i ran and ended up at a church completely lost and being chassed by a bum... it was pritty funny but sucked at the same time.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Skullmaster, I would be pretty pissed too, but I'll tell you a story.
One time I went to a night club, and we were sitting outside, and I was with a few people just laughing and stuff, there was a women there, and one of my guy friends said he knew her, she was talking to a guy in a car near us, there was 10 mins went back, then she came over.
My guy friend was like, "Are you okay?"
She said "Yeah, but did you see that? I needed a lift, and he asked me for a blowjob and then he would"
Then there was a conversation about where she was going.. apparently her daughter had a seizure and her husband went to the hospital with her and she was trying to get a lift there.
So then my guy friend said "Hey guys, anyone have any money?"

So we all put in money, the nice generous person I am, I gave her 30 quid.
Anyways, the next day she said she would meet us to give the money back, she never did, and the keys she gave us to "her apartment" were fake.
Of course my guy friend didn't tell me that.

Anyways, I really regretted doing it, and thought I was such a fucking idiot for lending someone some money, that I will never get back, but now, I think about how I made them happy for that little while, even if it was to get drugs, fine there's where their life is heading then so be it.
You can't change what you did, and you tried to be a good person, if you're willing to help someone out then we need more people like that.
I wouldn't be angry about it, I would just forget about it, and say that you helped someone out. - Well tried too at least. You had a good intention, which is what matters.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
I suppose you are right. Giving him the money did make me feel good. I felt like I actually helped someone get on with life, but after you find out the truth, you feel like you cant trust people that much. Its just that i never lie about such things, and i take it for granted that others dont either.I suppose i must change my point of view then.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
skullmaster said:
I suppose you are right. Giving him the money did make me feel good. I felt like I actually helped someone get on with life
Precisly, you shouldn't give up all hope..some people do need geniune help.

skullmaster said:
but after you find out the truth, you feel like you cant trust people that much. Its just that i never lie about such things, and i take it for granted that others dont either.I suppose i must change my point of view then.
Sometimes you can't, but you can't change the past either. So try not to have regrets from having good intentions for someone, otherwise you'll be beating yourself over it for awhile.

Sektor

Particinator
I got scammed like that too, about three weeks ago... he looked me dead in the eye as I handed him the money, and I got that sneaking suspicion that he was lying... and I was right. I didn't think much of it, though. One day they're gonna anger the wrong person, and end up dead, if the drugs don't do it first.

A few months ago one of my friends bought a homeless guy a sandwich for no real reason. We were walking around the city because there was some music fest going on and between all the bands we would either hang out outside on the street of the venue or walk back and forth between the venue and one of the nearby 7-11 stores. This homeless guy was walking around...he's the one I remember the most. I remember another guy in the daylight who seemed fairly normal and told us he ended up on the street after getting a divorce from his wife. It kind of sucks to think about how people end up homeless in the first place, even if they are still in that downward spiral when you run into them.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Look, he has to get money somehow. I know you feel scammed but that's the nature of the game. You caused people to take money from, and possibly put in prison, somebody who already has it way rougher than you can imagine.

Living in the city I can tell you: NEVER give homeless people money. There is one on every corner here and if you give every one a nickel you will be broke before the end of your walk. Buy them a sandwich if they are hungry but don’t ever give them money. Chances are they are GOING to spend that money on drugs or alcohol. There is a reason why most people that are homeless are homeless. 90 percent of them have given up on life otherwise they would not be there. How can you expect someone who doesn’t give a shit about their own lives to care one bit about some kid that’s going to give him 20 bucks for a beer that will make what he believes to be a petty existence a little more tolerable?

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
thing to remember with homeless people is that we are all just a few degrees of seperation from them.. a bit of bad luck, a few wrong decisions and there you are on your own with a stink the size of texas and money the size of.. well, no money.

i assume most are either insane, drug addicts or runaways.. you don't see the runaways asking for cash so much, i think they hide and maybe sell their bodies.. the ones most of us 'meet' are the insane and druggy ones.. they need professional help, as do the runaways, so my advice is to give money to homeless charities and if asked on the street just say you don't carry cash.. which i don't.. i have offered to buy food for homeless druggies in london and got told to fuck off.. ok, but i won't buy you drugs.. that's probably why you live in a store doorway..

rbutler_7 said:
Living in the city I can tell you: NEVER give homeless people money.
You, my friend, are a worthless piece of shit for saying that.

You, my friend, are a worthless piece of shit for saying that.
And can you read the rest of my post please? How worthless am I? have you in deed been homeless and are taking it personal? You give me no reason to actually think that I am indeed a piece of shit for saying this. I HAVE BEEN HOMELESS and you know what? it was my own fault just like most the rest of homeless people. Trust me when I say that I have seen quite a few of my good friends end up homeless (even my dad which i took him in for 6 months when he ended up there) and for what seems to be no good reason at all but none of us are saints. You are responsible for every fucking thing you do bro and that is what i firmly believe. I don't want to feel sorry for anyone. Especially not for that guy that gave a homeless person 20 bucks and regrets it! No one gave me anything when I was homeless either. I found a job immediately and got back on my flippin feet. Guess I’m a piece of shit though heh?

Invader

Last Living Souls
I feel bad for homeless people. Most of them are druggies or runaways around here. Theres one that has been wearing the same clothes for 2 years straight (tank-top and shorts) even in the winter. But I gave him a blanket which I dont use anymore, and I give him a couple bucks here and there when I am feeling a little more generous than usual. But this guy is not a druggie, if he was, I would not be supporting his habit. He got kicked out of his parents house bc he couldnt find a job and he had no-where to go.

I know what I said seems heartless.
I’m not trying to say that I wouldn’t help because I would be the first to help if I could. You just cant help everybody is all I’m trying to say. Your enviornment can weather you to this sort of compassion sometimes.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Saying "never give homeless people money" is ridiculous. Don't give everybody who asks you for change a twenty, but be generous when your wallet allows you to be.

Buy them a sandwich if they are hungry but don’t ever give them money

And I mean it when I say don’t give them money.

Because.....

If you really care and have a few extra bucks than you will ask them why they need money. If they don’t have a good answer than forget them. If they do for example: " I need a meal" or "I need an aspirin" or "I need a bag of cat food for my cat whom is also homeless” than buy it for them or help them get what they need. At least this way you know you helped them in good conscious. Trust me, you will know weather what they told you they wanted was actually what they wanted when you bring it back to them.. :)