WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

the idiot son of an asshole

I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but what the hell.

I'm a NOFX fan. I listen to them often. I have alot of their albums. One thing, however: they have no place in the political environment.

Alot of NOFX listeners are teenagers, some of which are at the perfect age to be brainwashed. Most kids don't really take the time to research political issues, get the real facts, and then base their opinion on these facts. They just hear what they listen to, and repeat it elsewhere. People of this age are very easy to make an impression on. All NOFX has to do is put their beliefs (and sometimes lies) to a catchy tune, and they're making Kerry supporters.

My point is: If NOFX (or any band) is going to try to influence people's political decisions, they need to teach people to research and form opinions based on that research, rather than force their opinions on other people.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
Its going to suck for the guys who made that song when Kerry wins the election and they can't sing the song anymore.

tzedek

Original Member
L33ad said:

I'm a NOFX fan. I listen to them often. I have alot of their albums. One thing, however: they have no place in the political environment.

Alot of NOFX listeners are teenagers, some of which are at the perfect age to be brainwashed. Most kids don't really take the time to research political issues, get the real facts, and then base their opinion on these facts. They just hear what they listen to, and repeat it elsewhere. People of this age are very easy to make an impression on. All NOFX has to do is put their beliefs (and sometimes lies) to a catchy tune, and they're making Kerry supporters.

My point is: If NOFX (or any band) is going to try to influence people's political decisions, they need to teach people to research and form opinions based on that research, rather than force their opinions on other people.

You do make a very good point, but you can't say "they have no place in the political environment." (provided they are citizens here... i have no idea) They have every right to make music about whatever they want. And thats really what music is about, expression of feelings/ideas/thoughts/whatever.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
L33ad said:

What happend to Freedom of speach?

L33ad

Hoodrat
ChilianFuckFace said:
What happend to Freedom of speach?
I never said I was aginst that.

No matter how stupid I think NOFX's message is, I still defend their right to say what they want to. But that doesn't mean I can't say my part, also.