Other The Jim Rome Show Thread

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
What a ridiculous claim. Maybe you're too young? Chris Everett's contemporaries were Martina Navratilova and Billie Jean King. Two women who were one hair cut away from easily passing as "Fred and Bill" down at the local watering hole. You couldn't enjoy a good toss when their little skirts raised when trying to backhand another anemic shot by their opponent. You might as well pleasure yourself to the auto section from the latest newspaper. Everett, however...was a semi-looker. We can work with that. Implying people tuned in for the actual sport is even funnier. It's women's tennis, dude. The best in the world would fall handily to a slightly better than average high schooler fueled on a steady supply of Mountain Dew and Hot Pockets.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Dark Fader

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
I think this is the first day I've heard the show this week. The Sklar Brothers are a good listen.

• 1Like

Dark Fader

[]D [] []V[] []D
I think this is the first day I've heard the show this week. The Sklar Brothers are a good listen.
You have a good ear, my Friend.
Sklar Bros have been filling in for Romey since before I can remember, 2004 at least.
They are better than any other fill-in Host, Grant Napier's old ass next

Nick Sweatshirt - hahaa

1200px-Nick_Swisher.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: Scooter

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder

Report: ‘Inevitable’ That 2020 College Football Season Will Be Canceled

The 2020 college football season is already on thin ice, and the floor seems to be melting more and more as time goes on.

Earlier today, the MAC became the first FBS conference to announce it was canceling the 2020 season due to COVID-19. Since then, there’s been plenty of talk of other leagues, including the Power 5 conferences, joining suit.

Now, a new report from CBS Sports’ Dennis Dodd cites a pair of unnamed Power 5 athletic directors who are pessimistic about the possibility of there being football this fall.

One calls it “inevitable” that the season gets canceled.

On Saturday, the Big Ten announced it would not be moving ahead to allow full contact in preseason practices, a decision that seemed to foreshadow at an outright postponement at some point. Also, David Jesse of the Detroit Free Press reported that Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren “prefers’ moving the season to the spring.

On another note, Bleacher Report’s Matt Hayes raised an interesting point on Twitter tonight. He quoted an anonymous Power 5 AD who thinks college administrators might have a reason outside of COVID-19 for wanting the season canceled.

• 1Like

MisterFister

Sports and entertainment has always been a good cultural indicator. Can you tell the social fabric is tearing?

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder

Sources: Big Ten expected to cancel football season; no games for Michigan, Michigan State in 2020

The Big Ten is expected to cancel the 2020 college football season in a historic move that stems from concerns related to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, multiple people with knowledge of the decision told the Free Press.

---

Big Ten set to cancel fall football season
It was inevitable.

We’re about to have our first major conference cancel its 2020 football season due to the coronavirus.

According to multiple media reports, the Big Ten is set to announce it will cancel its football season.

Dark Fader

[]D [] []V[] []D
A'S.png

The California Angels of Anaheim adjacent to Orange County in the Los Angeles Area of Southern California (talk about an identity crisis of a Team History)
... put an end to my 9 game winning streak. I respect them though, they grinded HARD through that game to earn that win, it was a battle of a game.

@Scooter Sklar Bros on again tomorrow, if you want to tune in, and talk smack. I will be here.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: BeautifulSniper

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder

Virus update: Big Ten, Pac-12 cancel football, while cases double worldwide

The Big Ten and Pac-12 announced they won't play football this fall because of the coronavirus health crisis, taking two of college sports' five powerhouse conferences out of the season.

The Big Ten includes Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska and Penn State, while the Pac-12 includes Arizona, Arizona State, UCLA, the University of Southern California, Oregon, Utah and Washington.

It took six months for the world to reach 10 million confirmed cases of the coronavirus. It took just over six weeks for that number to double. The average number of new cases per day in the U.S. has declined in recent weeks but is still running high at over 54,000.

• 1Like

Scooter

I'm a Baltimore Ravens fan and it hurt me when they handed Joe Flacco his ticket out of town when they drafted Lamar Jackson. I didn't like him and I didn't like his momma. I've warmed up to him because of his athletic ability but also because he seems like a good kid.

I just finished reading a story about Lamar Jackson on Sports Illustrated by Jenny Vrentas. She's a Peter King disciple and probably owes most of her career to him. She's supposed to be intelligent and insightful but she's just a bunch of fluff.

*if you want to listen to someone who went to Penn State talk about sports, check out Kim Jones on whatever network she's on.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Dark Fader

[]D [] []V[] []D
Dodgers' Joe Kelly sounds off on Astros players' handling of sign-stealing investigation
"The people who took the fall for what happened is nonsense," Kelly said. "Yes, everyone is involved. But the way that [sign-stealing system] was run over there was not from coaching staff. ... They're not the head boss in charge of that thing. It's the players. So now the players get the immunity, and all they do is go snitch like a little b----, and they don't have to get fined, they don't have to lose games."

ESPN Story

Hahaa - It's good to see Pitchers treating this like Prison Politics.
Next thing you know Players will be out to shank each other with self-honed Steel (hidden under 2nd Base)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit* 12:15pm

Sacramento Kings are Smacking the LA Lakers HARD right now...

A'S.png

Last edited:
  • 1Beer
Reactions: BRiT

MisterFister

Joe Kelly is just saying what everyone else is thinking. How The Astericks were able to walk away from this is scandalous. Any self-respecting Houstanite who slaps on an Astros hat should suffer non-stop public scorn. This is one case where the punishment SHOULD exceed the crime.

Dark Fader

[]D [] []V[] []D
Oakland A's Sweep the SF Giants, pulling to a 16-6 Record, best in MLB.
The Team really has stepped up in the abscence of Ramon Laureano... Blasting through the Astros, now the Giants.
Sports Illustrated calling them the Team of Destiny, while ESPN is Ranking them @ 3rd below The LA Dodgers and NY Yankees ... Because where is the money in talking about the Oakland A's, right?

So with that ... I leave you with the lost art of Stolen Bases, Rickey Henderson schooling teams Single handedly... Pitchers would fall all over themselves mentally just by having him on base.

• 1Like
Reactions: Scooter

Scooter

How 'bout them O's! They're not supposed to be a good team but they have a decent average record, so far.

Dark Fader

[]D [] []V[] []D
How 'bout them O's! They're not supposed to be a good team but they have a decent average record, so far.
You are stuck in such a tough Division.
Always overlooked and always hidden under all the NY vs. Boston smack.

Then when you can make it past NY and Boston, have the Tamp Bay Devil Rays to contend with, hahaa... Good Luck.
I'm still blown away by Chris Davis' AVG.
We have a guy by the same name, different spelling (Khris Davis) that is doing the same for us.... he was balling his ASS off, smacking them left and right, and once we paid him .... NOTHING. Motherfuckin' Crickets ...