WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

The last five minutes are the worst...

ron

Buster of Asses
So, I'm waiting to leave work. Five more minutes. I have completed everything that I needed to get done, even some things that could have waited.

Three minutes to go. The phone rings. Some...user...tells me that he deleted a file yesterday and discovered this morning that he needs it back.

He could have told me this when he the need arose, and I would have been happy to find the tape and restore his file. Did he? Oh no. I guess he figured it could wait until right before I leave. After all, I'm just the computer guy, right? I don't have a life or anything, right?

:sword: Some people should be removed from the gene pool.

fuck then all

i think that...unless he is some big time boss or someone that is over u i position.......u should tell him to fucking wait till fucking tommarow cuz hes the dumbass that fucked up and not u and u got fucking better thing to do then fix his shit...... :sword: :sword: :sword: :gun: :mfinger:

toker

Hoodrat
well maybe they just had time to call because they were busy but on the other hand they could have screwed around with their computer like they knew what they were doing like i do it usually works after it gets worse

Crocto

Cynicism Rules
that's the worst! i hate that so damn much. i worked as an RX tech for a while and people would always come in at 9:29 (we'd close at 9:30) we like 7 RX and ask us to fill them. i'd get so pissed off they had all damn day we open at 9AM damn it is it that difficult. :sword:

toker

Hoodrat
my manager tells me when to go home i wish i could just stay a few more hrs. for a little more money

its about the money that we are talking about....it is about the timing that people do the shit they do......and its fucked up

if u had to weork longer and u were tired from working all day and ur shift about to finish.....u just want to go hame but assholes like that one guy piss u off..... :gun: :gun:

Smiss

smissinat0r
IT people need to tell people to go shove it up their asses. Like say to this retard of a user "No problem. I'll work on that first thing in the morning seeing as I was just walking out the door when the phone rang. kthnxbye"

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
ron said:
So, I'm waiting to leave work. Five more minutes. I have completed everything that I needed to get done, even some things that could have waited.

Three minutes to go. The phone rings. Some...user...tells me that he deleted a file yesterday and discovered this morning that he needs it back.

He could have told me this when he the need arose, and I would have been happy to find the tape and restore his file. Did he? Oh no. I guess he figured it could wait until right before I leave. After all, I'm just the computer guy, right? I don't have a life or anything, right?

:sword: Some people should be removed from the gene pool.

I feel ya! Why is it that you always finish a call with just enough time for the last call of the day from MR. Expert computer end user. I know I know we all think we know what we are doing, but when support is your living. The last thing you want to listen to is someone who thinks his system should *Insert dumbass Action here*. Then you have to spend your good personal time explaining in some manner that doesn't offend Mr. Expert that he's an idiot. All I have to say is thank god for Xanax.

I got a call from N*** , I leave out the name cause I am not lookin fer trouble, But they like ahh have things in space.

MY dumbass gets to answer the phone(speakerphone) to a room full of people with pocket protection, ya know cause a Mechanical pencil can do real damage to the nipple. Ten second call wrong subnet, but I have to spend 2 hours explaining how it happpened. FUCK OFF!! Just be happy you can talk to your meters now.

Thanks for letting me vent.

BakEd13

4:20 Celebrater
next time, dont answer the phone. It saves you time, energy and stress... OR you could follow them home after you fix the problem and they could have some kind of unfortunate 'accident' like they slipped and a screwdriver went in their eye...multiple times... :sword: :sword: :sword: :mad: :gun: :mfinger:

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
I'm a sous-chef at a world famous resort, and we constantly get assholes coming in just minutes before closing, because they like to have the place to themselves and like the personalized service they get.Fuck me and the rest of our crew as we have everything shut down, cleaned and ready to go, as asswipes order well done steaks with special instructions on all of their apps, salads and veggies.

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
GottaHurt said:
I'm a sous-chef at a world famous resort, and we constantly get assholes coming in just minutes before closing, because they like to have the place to themselves and like the personalized service they get.Fuck me and the rest of our crew as we have everything shut down, cleaned and ready to go, as asswipes order well done steaks with special instructions on all of their apps, salads and veggies.
I worked at a fastfood place and 2min. before they closed we would get like 10 cars come trough. At 1am everything is clean 10min of work turned into 2hrs. of mess :p

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
badassmtbiker said:
C'mon - like you've never hit the Bell at 3am?
The Bells open 24/7 here, but I hear you, but no I don't.I work in the industry so I don't schmoooooze in right before closing.I do have some goodness about me you know......lmao

GottaHurt said:
The Bells open 24/7 here, but I hear you, but no I don't.I work in the industry so I don't schmoooooze in right before closing.I do have some goodness about me you know......lmao
Bell's are 24/7 here, but it was the first thing that came to my mind.. lol

Honestly, I don't think at all about the kid workin the window until I'm pulling outta the driveway, "wait - were they closing? Aww fuck, there's spit in there!"

Plus it's karma for all sorts of evil stuff when I was younger. I never worked fast food, or in a restaurant, but had plenty of friends that did. Had one friend that had the key to the pizza joint he worked for. We'd go in after hours and drink beer, etc. Get wasted, then piss in the wine. Ahh good times, good times.

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
badassmtbiker said:
Bell's are 24/7 here, but it was the first thing that came to my mind.. lol

Honestly, I don't think at all about the kid workin the window until I'm pulling outta the driveway, "wait - were they closing? Aww fuck, there's spit in there!"

Plus it's karma for all sorts of evil stuff when I was younger. I never worked fast food, or in a restaurant, but had plenty of friends that did. Had one friend that had the key to the pizza joint he worked for. We'd go in after hours and drink beer, etc. Get wasted, then piss in the wine. Ahh good times, good times.
You don't know how true the horror stories are, and it's more common than most people think.I work in an upscale restaurant, and I've seen a few questionable things.

The part about good times though is the gospel.Our staff hits the lounge after hours and it truly is good times.

GottaHurt said:
You don't know how true the horror stories are, and it's more common than most people think.I work in an upscale restaurant, and I've seen a few questionable things.

The part about good times though is the gospel.Our staff hits the lounge after hours and it truly is good times.

Aww yea..

Then again (this may belong in that prank thread), there was the time that we used extra-large pizza boxes to make a huge stencil of a Handicapped sign. Then spray painted the entire parking lot with it. All but the furthest two spots!! Best part, was that one of their delivery cars got a parking ticket!! Now that's good times.

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
badassmtbiker said:
Aww yea..

Then again (this may belong in that prank thread), there was the time that we used extra-large pizza boxes to make a huge stencil of a Handicapped sign. Then spray painted the entire parking lot with it. All but the furthest two spots!! Best part, was that one of their delivery cars got a parking ticket!! Now that's good times.

Ahhhh, back in the day, we used to roll Dominoe's drivers.Order a couple pies and have them delivered to the apartment complex next door, then snag the pie and soda.Left them with their cash, we had some heart.

We used to go through drive throughs, order a shitload and one guy would get out and wait for the exchange and run through and snag.Two orders for the price of one.Now they have mirrors and get the cash first, and I'm all growd up now, but yea, good times back in the day.