WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Comments The little Up/Down Arrows

Little orange top and bottom page arrows - Keep or ditch 'em?

• Keep 'em!

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Ditch 'em! 53V3N has to be right sometime!

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters

53V3N

The slow blade penetrates the shield.
Premium
Loving the site these days, and props as always for all the effort put into it, but I'm not keen on the little arrows over to the right.

They have more than once been in the way of what I was trying to click. I don't need to get all the way to the top or bottom so quickly that I need a shortcut to be always at the ready.

I feel like we can get to where we need to get to without it. :)

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Third that. I almost forgot they were there, it's become second nature to navigate around them with the original scroll bar so they aren't in the way

• 1Aww
Reactions: BrIONwoshMunky

Jung

???
Premium
You can remove them with custom css. Firefox & Chrome both support this natively or you can get extensions to make it a bit easier.

Code:
.xbScrollUpButton, .xbScrollDownButton {
   display: none !important;
}
for Firefox
Code:
@-moz-document domain("wtf.com") {

.xbScrollUpButton, .xbScrollDownButton {
   display: none !important;
}

}

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
I know that depending on how wide you have your browser set at, it can get in the way of a couple of elements.. Most annoying at very specific widths.

I don't have a problem ditching them.. Perhaps we can make it a poll.

• 1Like
Reactions: 53V3N

53V3N

The slow blade penetrates the shield.
Premium
I voted to ditch them because when there was only one set of footprints in the sand, I was carrying BudVugger.

You can remove them with custom css.
Sometimes I just want you to listen! I don't always want you to solve my problems with code.

Last edited:
  • 1LOL
  • 1Agree
Reactions: BudVugger and TheRover

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
I use them sometimes, but I couldn't care less about whether they stay or go. That is why I voted "Taters! Let BRiT choose for me!".

• 1Like
Reactions: BRiT