WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines The Media Problem

blitzen9090

The Moron...who complains
does anyone else agree that we need a better media? America is the only media that spreads fear and panic through the use of television, and only for the sake of getting good ratings. it just pisses me off when a person from Geneva switzerland tells me that everyone he talks to laughs at america because we are always in fear, which is spread through the media. grr damn them all!!!!!! :mfinger:

Uber Squirrel

Chipmunk Slayer
we are the biggest, baddest, motherfucking country in the world, what do we have to fear?

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Uber Squirrel said:
we are the biggest, baddest, motherfucking country in the world, what do we have to fear?
I hate to admit it, blitzin9090 has a point. Our media is always trying to scare the hell out of us. We're constantly being told there is "something we don't know", "a hidden danger", and being bombarded with news stories over and over, till we think everyone is out to get us.

See Bowling for Columbine for a good explination of it...

Uber Squirrel

Chipmunk Slayer
that was a good movie, but i dont fear much with our national security

Acephalous

Acephalous -> look it up
Uber Squirrel said:
ourselves

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Uber Squirrel said:
I hope you were kidding. Otherwise you're in for a rude awakening...

morelos

lexicon incognito
uber squirrel said:
I hope you were kidding. Otherwise you're in for a rude awakening...
i think he meant to say "other than" as opposed to "with."

tzedek

Original Member
Uber Squirrel said:
i agree. just a quick question for the rest of you... how many people died in America becuase of terrorist attacks or attacks from a foreign country in the years 2002, 2003, and 2004 combined??

tzedek

Original Member
Uber Squirrel said:
Acephalous said:
ourselves

agreed seeing as how over 11,000 people die in america a year in just gun related homicides. not to mention over 25,000 a year suicides....

morelos

lexicon incognito
hey tzedek, i watched bowling for columbine too!!!!! HOW R0X0R

tzedek

Original Member
morelos said:
hey tzedek, i watched bowling for columbine too!!!!! HOW R0X0R
:shiner: owned by my mentor, and I never even saw it :happysad:

In Before whiney bitches, and lock

Descent

Hella Constipated
Whine.