WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Scrapbook The mini mansion

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
I found some images from the house which I forgot I had snapped from the ad. If you're interested I could also post here as we renovate it to our liking. Also made an own thread as to not clutter up the other one.

So to give a bit of a better idea of the houseplan it's; foyer with a staircase to the second floor. Kitchen right through the foyer, to the right is the livingroom, and between the livingroom and kitchen is a small bathroom.
Secondfloor: small foyer thing, bedroom, cold room.

Outside there's a Sauna, a greenhouse, two sheds (one smaller one is biiig) and a garage.

Foyer:
ORIGINAL (12).jpeg
kitchen:
ORIGINAL (1).jpeg ORIGINAL (2).jpeg
Livingroom:
ORIGINAL (5).jpeg
ORIGINAL (4).jpeg

Second floor:
Foyer?
ORIGINAL (9).jpeg
Bedroom:
ORIGINAL (8).jpeg
Cold room: (Which is empty now)
ORIGINAL (10).jpeg

Stardust

10 image limit. Here's the outside :)
ORIGINAL (13).jpeg
Wood heated sauna :beer::beer: to the right you can see the small greenhouse.
ORIGINAL (15).jpeg ORIGINAL (17).jpeg ORIGINAL (18).jpeg ORIGINAL.jpeg

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
So nordic, I love It.
Looks like the tiny house outside of Ikea in Pisa lol

Get down with gardening girl, I've heard it's relaxing, if you like It.

Stardust

@-=iNsANe=-ADJ Haha! I know! We fell in love with it, we love the old style, most of our furniture is just around from that era too so it'll fit in nicely.

I will! the previous owner had great pride in her garden, and I said I'd take care of it. It's so heckin beautiful. Full of flowers, berry bushes, fruit trees and vegetable strips. I can't wait to get my hands dirty and take care of it. Also, in the small greenhouse there's a grape vine! it's 2years old and so beautiful. Nico said "you know, we have to rake the garden now in autumn" and I'm all "YES! lets do it!". I find it very calming and I love that kind of work.

Stardust

@pissed 'n horny thank! Nice to hear, we'll probably do some painting asap and then later put in new floors, over the plastic mat, fix up the foyer, fix bedroom maybe put a fireplace in the bedroom etc.

@Jane Deere thanks!

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Very Nice! There's definitely a lot of painting you could do to get things to your liking. (they have some different color combinations going on there ;) ) It looks like there are a lot of natural wood accents, which is cool. I'm intrigued by the wood stove/furnace between the kitchen and living room. Is there a full bathroom upstairs off of the bedroom? The cold room/attic space could be fixed up and turned into a second bedroom or whatever.

Here's the outside :)
Is that an escape ladder in the 4th pic? It looks like a nice property where the neighbors aren't too close but not too far away. Lots of room for Freya to run around and explore/monitor & protect. :)

I'm somewhat jealous. It looks like an awesome place to live. Congratulations!

Stardust

@Scooter

Hah yeah! We're thinking a grey/white kitchen but letting the red stay on the wood paneling. There is! But we are wondering in the livingroom if theres the original logs behind the wooden panel. Yes, very common in old houses here, to keep the chimney in one place and being able to stay warm, the rooms where kind of built around the chimney. Under the weird green box in the bedroom there's room for a fireplace, and on the other side for the cold room. We're right now thinking sewing/guestroom for that room. There's no bathroom on the second floor, but we're kind of thinking about it, it's just an expensive renovation (10 000€ish)

Yes it is! And yeah, there's a neighbour who uses it as a summer home and on the other side there's a couple building a house but it's going veeery slow, the old owners almost never saw the person building it. We have some ideas bouncing around on fences for freya, as we're right next to the "big" road, and she can't hear shit if there's something cool happening.

Thanks a bunch, I'm over the moon happy! but also stressing out that it somehow all goes to shit, as we haven't finalized everything yet (we do that on monday).

@TheRover thanks! We had a kind of panic when we where going on a private visit, because there where atleast 3-4 other persons/families interested in it too. So we sent an email when we came home that we'd give the asking price, if the house control went alright. So we got it! As the owners where nice and didn't start a bidding war, they just said "oh well you where first so"

Stardust

So! finally about unpacked, downstairs anyway. We got the livingroom like we wanted, the kitchen is a bit of a bigger project than we thought, as there's some weird plywood(??) behind the wallpaper so we have to change that.

We thought there'd be only one wallpaper, but NOOO there had to be two, and it was a total bitch to get off. But now the walls and the ceiling are white. We also painted our "pönttö uuni"=fireplace, roughly translated to bowl oven.
So here's the livingroom!
IMG_3060.JPG IMG_3252.JPG IMG_3255.JPG

And I have to show off my coffee bar, we keep our jackets and shoes in the kitchen as the foyer is cold, as in no heat at all. That's another project too. As our bedroom is on the second floor and the stairs are in the foyer, bathroom trips in the middle of the night are no fun.

IMG_3253.JPG

Declan

Fresh Meat
I found some images from the house which I forgot I had snapped from the ad. If you're interested I could also post here as we renovate it to our liking. Also made an own thread as to not clutter up the other one.

So to give a bit of a better idea of the houseplan it's; foyer with a staircase to the second floor. Kitchen right through the foyer, to the right is the livingroom, and between the livingroom and kitchen is a small bathroom.
Secondfloor: small foyer thing, bedroom, cold room.

Outside there's a Sauna, a greenhouse, two sheds (one smaller one is biiig) and a garage.

Foyer:
View attachment 10065
kitchen:
View attachment 10056 View attachment 10057
Livingroom:
View attachment 10059
View attachment 10058

Second floor:
Foyer?
View attachment 10062
Bedroom:
View attachment 10061
Cold room: (Which is empty now)
View attachment 10063
It looks interesting.

Last edited:

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
I love it so much with your style going in! Please do post updates because I love that stuff!

Crazizniac

Particinator
Gotta have the "Coffee / Espresso station". Place looks cozy and friendly - like the Weasly place.

Stardust

@Jane Deere Thank you soo much! haha I will :D You have to thank our greatgrandparents as we got all the old furniture from them.
I don't know what we'll do next and when we'll do it. It might be the bedroom. As for some reason they thought neon green would be a suitable and calming color for a bedroom.. :mystery:

@Crazizniac Right!? It's so awesome and I can have my cute mugs on display. Hah! wow that's really a compliment :D I love their place!