WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Scrapbook The mini mansion

Jung

???
Premium
I love those kind of stairs and the all the nautical stuff.

The style in the first few pictures reminds me of the New England style of ranch home here.

• 1Beer
Reactions: Stardust

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
I love those kind of stairs and the all the nautical stuff.

The style in the first few pictures reminds me of the New England style of ranch home here.
I do too! They’re quite common in Finland the only difference with ours is that they’re quite narrow, but we’re used to it, it’s guests who have problems.

We do too! It was a bit much for our taste though, I do want the same map they had. It’s of our island and they had pinpointed where the house is.

Oh maybe it was that they where going for. Also the guy reeally loved sailboats, he bought one once the house was sold.

Crazizniac

Postaholic
Premium
Not the fireplace! The conversation pit. A sunken area apart from the living area usually round with a bench running the edge so serious conversation can take place with all participants facing each other and no table or drinks or other distractions to get in the way of the discussion.

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
Not the fireplace! The conversation pit. A sunken area apart from the living area usually round with a bench running the edge so serious conversation can take place with all participants facing each other and no table or drinks or other distractions to get in the way of the discussion.
Lol, this is a bigger “grandma cabin” built in 1930, theres no room for a conversation pit. The livingroom is a guesstimate of 20squaremeter (215squarefeet). I’m also guessing you’re joking. Also, we’re finns, the conversation pit is the sauna.

Edit: the conversation pit was a 70s thing wasnt it?
Owning a boat is a must in life imo.
It is! I grew up with spending summers on the sea. We don’t have a boat at the moment but we do have a boathouse and I’m definitely getting one in the future. Luckily we live like 30meters from the sea.

Last edited:

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
Uh, cop, what planet are you referring to the sea levels rising? I’m pretty sure @Stardust is safe in her beautiful home.
Ya know when polarcaps melt. And yeah we’re safe no need to worry @CoprophagousCop, it’s well above sea level and the only dangerous weather we have is thunderstorms.

Also small fun fact! West Finland is steadily rising because the iceage squished us down, in a couple hundred years or so we’ll be connected to Sweden. We steadily rise about 1cm a year. Source

• 11UP!
Reactions: Crazizniac

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
I really like your hand and quill, what's it made from? I almost didn't see it as I really like the tortoise picture as well, my friend has something similar with a bat that I'm always asking him to give to me, nice finds!

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
@TheRover thanks! Old school education pictures are the best. The hand is a wooden model hand with moving joints for drawing/art purposes.I just bought it because it’s neat, Nico drew a rose on it. The quill is just a feather I found near the road.

• 1Like
Reactions: TheRover

Jung

???
Premium
It is! I grew up with spending summers on the sea. We don’t have a boat at the moment but we do have a boathouse and I’m definitely getting one in the future. Luckily we live like 30meters from the sea.
I refuse to live anywhere that isn't very close to water. There are so many days I've left work early to go float or paddle around.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Stardust