WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

The most inspired bill-board ever!

jamesp

In Memory...
Okay, I was on my way to Daytona and I saw this great bill board. It had this guy on his knees, obviously praying, saying "God, please send us someone to find a cure for cancer...for AIDS...just to help with all the terrible things in the world..." to which god responded "I did, you aborted them."

C'mon, if you're human, that struck kinda close.

Oh yeah, i know i posted about abortion like a year ago, I know some of you smartasses are going to go dredge it up, dont bother, im well aware.....

Jung

???
Premium
Religious propaganda always strikes close with me. :rolleyes:

To clarify, I'm not trying to troll, but I find those billboards overly annoying. They imply that I'm a bad person, or that I'm going to "burn in the fiery pits of hell for my sins" because of my morals. I strongly dislike seeing religion used as a tool to push civil issues. I'm not a fan of guilt trips either and, in my opinion, religious groups should be more responsible.

Sorry, but it doesn't 'strike close' with me; I don't need religious opinions to govern my life, nor my morals.

A more accurate billoard would read:

Person praying: God, please send us a great person to do X great thing for our planet.
God: I did, but he was gay and you shunned him.

Rurrouni

Shinsengumi
junglizm said:
A more accurate billoard would read:

Person praying: God, please send us a great person to do X great thing for our planet.
God: I did, but he was gay and you shunned him.
Hahaha, I would not be suprised if that was true if there was a god. Personally I don't believe in god so when a billboard like that comes around it's good to have a good laugh.

Rurrouni

Shinsengumi
johnny kuntz said:
God can fuck off and die :thumbsup:
Wel if there ever was a doubt, then that just disappeared, if hell does exist i'm pretty sure that's where we're both going.

Twatbat

Easy Piece Of Ass
Even if god exists, i have no interest in someone who has all the power in the universe and cant be fucked to get of his arse and use it.

truth is though i dont believe in him and morality is just the feelings of the present rulers of society, so i ignore all that shit and figure, you do what you can in the eyes of the law, nothing else should control your life...and if you really wanna enjoy yourself then break that rule altogether :D

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Twatbat said:
Even if god exists, i have no interest in someone who has all the power in the universe and cant be fucked to get of his arse and use it.

truth is though i dont believe in him and morality is just the feelings of the present rulers of society, so i ignore all that shit and figure, you do what you can in the eyes of the law, nothing else should control your life...and if you really wanna enjoy yourself then break that rule altogether :D

I cant even begin to imagine what that means.... :confused:

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
jamesp said:
Okay, I was on my way to Daytona and I saw this great bill board. It had this guy on his knees, obviously praying, saying "God, please send us someone to find a cure for cancer...for AIDS...just to help with all the terrible things in the world..." to which god responded "I did, you aborted them."

C'mon, if you're human, that struck kinda close.

Oh yeah, i know i posted about abortion like a year ago, I know some of you smartasses are going to go dredge it up, dont bother, im well aware.....
that struck close 2 me....and not because of religion..i dont belive in religion..it was made by man...i do believe in a higher power.....johhny k i was sooo close 2 neg rep u 4 ur comment but im in a good mood 2day......but anyways the billboard is right......when u have an abortion how do u know that your kid wont be the one who will cure aids? or join wtf.com and become the next religion hating mod?

jamesp

In Memory...
ok fucktards, it wasnt meant as RELIGIOUS propoganda, its pro-life propoganda........

Jung

???
Premium
jamesp said:
ok fucktards, it wasnt meant as RELIGIOUS propoganda, its pro-life propoganda........
God involves religion...

Descent

Hella Constipated
JamesP said:
Word. Not all Christians are pro-life...I know plenty who aren't.

I live in New York.

True fact.You don't have to be pro life to be christian. HOWEVER, a disproportionately large number of pro-lifers are christians. I have only met 2 ppl that were non christian pro-lifers, and the only reason they classified themselves as pro life was cuz THEY PERSONALLY would never get an abortion. They didn't actually want to think too much about others, somehow it seemed to short out something in their brains....

<AHEM> I am also NOT implying that prolifers are ALL stupid.

jamesp

In Memory...
Jarilith said:
True fact.You don't have to be pro life to be christian. HOWEVER, a disproportionately large number of pro-lifers are christians. I have only met 2 ppl that were non christian pro-lifers, and the only reason they classified themselves as pro life was cuz THEY PERSONALLY would never get an abortion. They didn't actually want to think too much about others, somehow it seemed to short out something in their brains....

<AHEM> I am also NOT implying that prolifers are ALL stupid.
I dont believe in God or what the bible teaches but Im still prolife......

Jarilith

Tenderony
jamesp said:
I dont believe in God or what the bible teaches but Im still prolife......
These folks *DO* exist, just not a whole lot in my community. May I respectfully (as respectfully as it gets around here) ask why you think that way?

Also, what do you think about Male -vs- Female say in deciding on abortion? Should men have an equal say in what a woman can or can't do with her body? Should it be solely a woman's decision, a court decision, a goverment decision? Where do you stand on that one?

jamesp

In Memory...
Jarilith said:
These folks *DO* exist, just not a whole lot in my community. May I respectfully (as respectfully as it gets around here) ask why you think that way?

Also, what do you think about Male -vs- Female say in deciding on abortion? Should men have an equal say in what a woman can or can't do with her body? Should it be solely a woman's decision, a court decision, a goverment decision? Where do you stand on that one?
Think what way?

The second question is a great one, repped. Truth be told, it appears that the idea of abortion is a social issue not just a woman vs. man vs. god vs. the courts issue. That being said, i believe that we will never get around to coming up with a happy end to the abortion debate. I believe though that it is the woman's right to decide what she will do with her body and her unborn child, but I am still vehemently pro-life.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Male vs Female on abortion is easy - Female decides. Does a man have to go through the pain and everythinig? No, he just has to sit back and watch.

Abortion laws should be open pretty much and if the girl wants to get an abortion, she may, but if she is using it as a form of birth control, the people should have a right to say "fuck you ... you're having the kid"

Jarilith

Tenderony
jamesp said:
Think what way?

. I believe though that it is the woman's right to decide what she will do with her body and her unborn child, but I am still vehemently pro-life.

What I meant was why prolife is your standpoint....

And I respect the fact you have your opinion on something that (in other ppls lives) isn't your choice. For example, I don't think my neighbor should cook dope, but that wont change whether or not he does it; whether or not I protest on his lawn won't make it more right or wrong either.

Personally, I think that a man has a right to an opinion on abortion (opinions are like assholes, afterall.....) but I don't think a man should have the power to make that decision for ANY woman (of sound mind). Of course the father should have his say, and *help* in the decision making process, but If any man, father of my child included, tried to tell me "you ARE gonna do this or that" in regard to my unborn child, I would hafta kick his teeth thru his butt so he could chew his own ass out for being such a prepossessing dumbfuck.

Jarilith

Tenderony
Boycott said:
Abortion laws should be open pretty much and if the girl wants to get an abortion, she may, but if she is using it as a form of birth control, the people should have a right to say "fuck you ... you're having the kid"

My less-than-societally-acceptable idea is that after 2 abortions, and I don't care what the circumstances are, rape, incest, WHATEVER the case, after the 2nd abortion, you automatically get fixed, either by tying of tubes, full or partial hysterectomy. Even in extreme circumstances, such as rape, if its happened to you TWICE, it could easily happen to you the same way a 3rd time. If you are just skeezy irresponsible little beerhag, and are using abortion as birthcontrol (which is pretty hardcore, invasive and expensive for the skank and the taxpayers) then you have NO business being fertile, and if you live in such a horrid condition that you are being repeated raped then it should be a blessing that you not have to bear the child of rape. You get one shot at it and if you go for 2 then right after the procedure, or perhaps instead of the procedure, you get wheeled in to get fixed. It should be the law

How many times do I have to say it? Abortion is murder. Plain and simple.
The DNA is no longer yours. The baby may be inside of you, but it is not you! It is its own being. It has it's own heart, brain, blood, and flesh. It may feed off of you, but it's not you. Fine, you can go ahead and use what I just said to compare a baby to a parasite. That must make you feel pretty damn human, eh? So, are you saying that before you were actually "born" that you were a parasite as well?