WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Movies The movies

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Summer is here and it's time for the big budget, low acting summer movies to be coming out. I just went to see Dodgeball yesterday, and to my surprise it was funnier than I expected (mind you I was carefull not to expect much). There were parts that were awkward and others that were just plain stupid, but the movie didn't take itself too seriously and me and my boys were laughing most of the way through. Typical Ben Stiller type comedy in the vein of Zoolander and Old School (yeah, I know that wasn't Stiller, but so what), so if you liked those then I wouldn't feel bad about recommending this one. Anyone else see anything yet worth watching or plan to see something they hope is good, or planning not to see something for fear of losing two hours of your life?

Skorch said:
Summer is here and it's time for the big budget, low acting summer movies to be coming out. I just went to see Dodgeball yesterday, and to my surprise it was funnier than I expected (mind you I was carefull not to expect much). There were parts that were awkward and others that were just plain stupid, but the movie didn't take itself too seriously and me and my boys were laughing most of the way through. Typical Ben Stiller type comedy in the vein of Zoolander and Old School (yeah, I know that wasn't Stiller, but so what), so if you liked those then I wouldn't feel bad about recommending this one. Anyone else see anything yet worth watching or plan to see something they hope is good, or planning not to see something for fear of losing two hours of your life?
alien versus predator
I think they are gonna fuck up this movie bigtime!
btw: is it already out?

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I'd like to see Dodgeball,but lucky me I now live in ARMPIT Arkansas.
I have to drive an hour to see a movie.unless I buy it.
Friggin hillbillies.......

chaz_schaeffer said:
hellboy, the chronicles of riddick are really good movies but hp sucked!!!! harry potter can eat this!! :bomb:

:mfinger:
I only saw Pitch Black, the Chronicles of Riddick is an sequal right?

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
yeah, though I'm a bit hesitant about the CoR as it looks like it could really try to be this big epic movie being all serious about shit and end up sucking hard. Not to say I won't see it, I'm just a little reluctant to pay to see it. Maybe if I hear some more good news about it, but for now I'm holdin out.

Skorch said:
yeah, though I'm a bit hesitant about the CoR as it looks like it could really try to be this big epic movie being all serious about shit and end up sucking hard. Not to say I won't see it, I'm just a little reluctant to pay to see it. Maybe if I hear some more good news about it, but for now I'm holdin out.
That is EXACTLY how I feel about it. It looks a little Battlefield Earthish, and we all know how that movie turned out... :rolleyes: I'm really lookin foward to Spiderman 2 and Resident Evil: Apocalypse.

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Anyone planning on seeing that King Arthur joint? I'm not sure about that one, as far as the epic war movies are concerned it could easily be good like Gladiator (we can argue whether you thought that one was good or not later) or it could end up just being another Troy. One thing that does bug me though is that they all seem to be wearing what looks like Roman armor. Anyone else get that?

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
No shit? Well there's a fucking surprise, maybe I'll consider checking that one out then.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Skorch said:
It has Vin in it how can it suck hard?

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
what was the last movie i seen

when was jesse home to see a movie with

oh...

fuck it

movies bore me

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
dustinzgirl said:
It has Vin in it how can it suck hard?
Three letters: XXX. Did you see that movie? And I'm not much of a car guy so all there was in Fast and Furious for me to watch was the acting and story. But there was absolutely none to be found. It's not that I don't like Vin Diesel, I actually like him, but he just acts in some damn shitty movies.