WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe The Nemu? Who do you think they are?

Invader

Last Living Souls
I know this is long but it is still interesting... really!

Okay just to let you all know that if you are just going to bash christianity and religion in general and the idea of angels even existing then please don't post on this thread. I would rather have this thread filled up with subjects on this particular subject as apposed to how stupid religion is etc. Now that that has been said let us start with a philisophical discussion.

Well I was thinking and I was wondering what everyone thought of the nemu. For those who don't know the nemu are a breed of human and angels. There is a short passage in Genisis that says that the angels came down and mated with human women. Therefore the humans had angel babies... so to speak.

Hitler believed that people with blond hair and blue eyes were the Nemu. His ultimate race. But I mean there would have to be something more to the Nemu than just blond hair and blue eyes right??

So what kind of people do you think would probobly be the Nemu? Or just what you think about them even still bieng alive at all.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Way back in the day they would have killed babies with birth defects such as wings or other non-human traits... Perhaps this is what happened to the nemu? I'm not sure - all I know is what you said about them... I'll look into them...

Invader

Last Living Souls
Well, that is very interesting. I never really thought about that. I know there were a couple children and babies in other countries where they were considered gods bc they had 'tails' or 'wings'. But alot of them were killed because of these defects. Thank-you for bringing that up

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I met the Easter Bunny once. Then I shot the fucker and enjoyed him with a nice mustard and onion rub.

If you're going to be "Philosophical", try to hint on something close to reality. You're not likely to geht a serious reply with something that has "Angels" and "Hitler" in the same paragraph.

Sorry for the disturbance. Have you tried the cheese?

Invader said:
I know this is long but it is still interesting... really!

Okay just to let you all know that if you are just going to bash christianity and religion in general and the idea of angels even existing then please don't post on this thread. I would rather have this thread filled up with subjects on this particular subject as apposed to how stupid religion is etc. Now that that has been said let us start with a philisophical discussion.

Well I was thinking and I was wondering what everyone thought of the nemu. For those who don't know the nemu are a breed of human and angels. There is a short passage in Genisis that says that the angels came down and mated with human women. Therefore the humans had angel babies... so to speak.

Hitler believed that people with blond hair and blue eyes were the Nemu. His ultimate race. But I mean there would have to be something more to the Nemu than just blond hair and blue eyes right??

So what kind of people do you think would probobly be the Nemu? Or just what you think about them even still bieng alive at all.
I think if they do exist they're probably the people you hear about (though rarely) who do really good deeds, like Mother Teresa, the saint types. I don't think it has anything to do with how they look as opposed to how they act. If they exist then they're probably really pure and kind hearted people.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Geht - It's the Fringe Theory boards... He's just thinking up of ways to explain the topic a bit :)

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Boycott said:
Geht - It's the Fringe Theory boards... He's just thinking up of ways to explain the topic a bit :)
You're right. It is The Fringe Theory Board. Nevertheless, do I feel the need to be less of the skeptic and/or the realist.

And what the fuck does Hitler have anything remotely to do with angels?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled bullshit.

Invader

Last Living Souls
Hitler has nothing to do with angels. I was pointing out the fact that Hitler thought the nemus had blond hair and blue eyes.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Invader said:
Hitler has nothing to do with angels. I was pointing out the fact that Hitler thought the nemus had blond hair and blue eyes.
hitler had amphetamine psychosis.. i tend to dismiss his opinions as those of a nutsy boy..

edit: not intended as a play on words of nazi.. i shall rephrase.. his opinions as those of a demented idiot.. much better..

Jung

???
Premium
Being that I'm atheist, and disbelieve Christian mythology, I don't really believe in angels, much less their mythical human/angel offspring. It does sound like an interesting bit of folk lore though.
Invader said:
Hitler believed that people with blond hair and blue eyes were the Nemu. His ultimate race.
And I take it you have some form of proof to that claim, other than speculation? Otherwise, I'm sorry, but I'd have to say that notion is completely unfounded.

Hitler's references to and beliefs surrounding the "Aryan race" deal with the lineage of ancestors believed to be from ancient Germany or Scandinavia. Aryan wasn't a term coined by the Germans though, nor by Hitler; it was a common term used to describe the 'pure' lineage of a number of Indo-European cultures. The term became entwined with anti-Semitic sentiment because of the growing number of Jews in Germany at the time. Semites were seen as a foreign presence within "Aryan" societies, and were thought to be the cause of civilization's downfall by Nazi and Pre-Nazi era scholars and theorist.

There is, however, no record of history supporting the claims of nemu or anything resembling an angelic/human hybrid race. Much less any proof that they were what Hitler perceived to be the 'superior race.'

Also, the whole 'blond hair and blue eyes' bit is a common misconception. And an inherently ignorant one at that. Firstly off, the whole deal is just a blatant stereotype, which more or less is meant to convey the 'Nordic' people. (in a very broad sense) Quite obviously 'Nordic' is a very general term, and blond hair and blue eyes are not a trait specific to all the Nordic races; brown and red hair are also quite common among the races of that region. So to say that anyone not possessing the traits of blond hair and blue eye would be considered non-Aryan is ridiculous, as it goes against the very meaning of the word.

Not to mention that Hitler himself wasn't a blond, nor can I think of any other blond Nazis. Moreover, read any book on the Third Reich and see how many droves of dark-headed people are saluting. The majority of Germans are not blond haired and blue eyed.

The notion that Hitler thought nemus were blond haired and blue eyed is just as false as the stereotype itself.

R

RedOctober

Hmm..

Never heard or read about Nemu.
A search on internet learns it's a Japanese comic strip, where little girls with big eyes and tight skirts seem to play a kind of Lolita roll, which makes it a kind of subconcious pedophilia.

It's typical you can find photographs of children, dressed up as a hooker.
In my eyes it is very bad taste.

About angels, there is in literature the reference to a early medieval Pope that spoke with admiration about the lovely blond Anglo-Saxon boys, where Anglo is derived from a tribe what has been called Angles, which came from Denmark. But I guess he was more interested in their butts anyway. :eek:

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
Not concerning the Nemu issue I must still say something.

It is so fun that Hitler, out of all paople, would start to shout about the aryans. Aryans are supposed to be white, blonde, tall, muscular, and blue-eyed. Hitler himself was a short, dark-haired, a tad fat, grey-eyed, (possibly) quarter-jew.

Hitler and the nazi Germany were a lot into the christian mythology. They tried to find the Graal, the Ark etc.
Yes, Hitler was paranoid, he had some mental illnesses, his hands quivered, he had compulsive movements.

nemus? i dont believe.

Pappy

Slayer of All Good
I Haven't heard or read about them either...But I have an open mind to most things and I think if they were real, that they would mostly be the people you heere about that do really good deeds...But if ne1 finds out more information I would like to hear more about it...