WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

the new version is being really stupid

morelos

lexicon incognito
dude jason, seriously... i dunno what we should be doing or if you had to do this as a workaround or what.

remember when we were discussing the latest bb system upgrade? it wasn't flagging read messages as read?

well now the bug is worse, not better. it still flags things incorrectly, and what it's doing now is every time i visit, if i leave, it marks all threads, whose last posts are prior to my visit, as read even if i hadn't read those threads.

one of the things i valued most about the wtf forums was the fact that i could LEAVE halfway through the forums and come back to check the ones for which i didn't have time before. now that's gone. :/

~ dan ~

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Thanks for the report.. I'm guessing we'll see a bug fix release any day now since I doubt we're the only ones affected by this...

Anyone else seeing this problem? That is, besides the issue of not having a thread marked read right after you posted the last new message - that's a known bug...

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
morelos said:
dude jason, seriously... i dunno what we should be doing or if you had to do this as a workaround or what.

remember when we were discussing the latest bb system upgrade? it wasn't flagging read messages as read?

well now the bug is worse, not better. it still flags things incorrectly, and what it's doing now is every time i visit, if i leave, it marks all threads, whose last posts are prior to my visit, as read even if i hadn't read those threads.

one of the things i valued most about the wtf forums was the fact that i could LEAVE halfway through the forums and come back to check the ones for which i didn't have time before. now that's gone. :/

~ dan ~
thats been like that for ages get used to it

Jason

Founder
The latest 1-2 versions of vB are going through an issue right now, and it's unclear whether or not the programmers are actually going to LEAVE it like that...

I'll keep you posted...

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Hey J.
I just thought I might add,I think the home page playing your local radio station is pretty fucking kewl. :thumbsup:

Props to the boyz.

Jason

Founder
It's currently turned off until we locate a bug fix for firefox/mozilla users. :( Thanks though, it will return!

We've managed to fix at least one part of the bug.. If you reply in a thread, and go back to the topic list it will not show that there are new posts in the forum (since you just wrote the last one you already know what it is).. We'll see if the other one is ever fixed...

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
utoh JASON the site is laggin real bad and there isent that many people on i think that something is wrong (im sittin on a T1 )

Jason

Founder
I'm not encountering any problems.. Seems quite speedy, at least at the moment...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
gehtfuct said:
Hey J.
I just thought I might add,I think the home page playing your local radio station is pretty fucking kewl. :thumbsup:

Props to the boyz.
That doesn't work for me. I click Play and it sits there for a moment then stops. I guess It knows I'm a tool. You loaded the ToolDetect.php file to your /www/Public_html directory.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
youknowthedeal said:
utoh JASON the site is laggin real bad and there isent that many people on i think that something is wrong (im sittin on a T1 )
My cable inet is twice as fast as a T1... I haven't had any issues at all today... at least not in the past 30 minutes...