WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

The other side of school...

VolumeOne

Clitpickle
I'm pretty sure some of u are gonna stick their feet up my ass till they come out of my ears for this, but...here's another view on school:

I'm not really successful in school - pretty bad grades, I hate most of my teachers and everything else.
But I'm 12th grade now (we got 13 grades in Germany), and I'm starting to realize that it's only one and a half years of school left - damn!
All my time in school I hated it and I wished it over as soon as possible.
Now I'm realizing that it was actually a shitload of fun over the years - hanging around w/ my friends every day, poking fun of senile old teachers...even some of the stuff we were supposed to learn was fun. After I graduate, all that fun is gonna be over and there will be no f'ing way getting back to it (except, maybe, taking a whole year over again) - sure, there's gonna be college/university/whatever, but it won't be the same.
Granted, I'm still pissed off of school (especially when it comes to homework and tests and shit), but I am pretty sure I'm still having one of the best times of my life.

The thing I miss about my high school days(which weren't that long ago) is that it was a place where you were guaranteed to see all your friends on a regular basis. But times change, so do people, you know? I mean, there's a good chance you'll never want to see some of your current friends again in about 5 years and a better chance you WON'T see any of them. Good times are all through life, there will be more to be had. Just in a different setting.

VolumeOne

Clitpickle
mmh, you might be correct.
I guess another thing that makes school so comfortable to me is the fact that it seemed as if I didn't have to think much about my future. Slowly, this actually becomes an issue.
It sucks.

1ct-on!

Take the Bus , BITCH !!
hey fellow german

im a school sucker too , i'm also in the 12th grade , and in the same shitty position like you , fucked up grades and sorts like this .....

but you need to look at this in a relaxed way , maybe i'm naive , but the stress isn't worth the prize !

Jugular

volatile
VolumeOne said:
I'm pretty sure some of u are gonna stick their feet up my ass till they come out of my ears for this, but...here's another view on school:

I'm not really successful in school - pretty bad grades, I hate most of my teachers and everything else.
But I'm 12th grade now (we got 13 grades in Germany), and I'm starting to realize that it's only one and a half years of school left - damn!
All my time in school I hated it and I wished it over as soon as possible.
Now I'm realizing that it was actually a shitload of fun over the years - hanging around w/ my friends every day, poking fun of senile old teachers...even some of the stuff we were supposed to learn was fun. After I graduate, all that fun is gonna be over and there will be no f'ing way getting back to it (except, maybe, taking a whole year over again) - sure, there's gonna be college/university/whatever, but it won't be the same.
Granted, I'm still pissed off of school (especially when it comes to homework and tests and shit), but I am pretty sure I'm still having one of the best times of my life.
Amen. But then again, schools always fun. Hell, I wish I could go back to 2nd grade and stuff when life was good. Grades, girls, and life in general were never an issue. In my spare time, I didn't go to sleep, I just sat there on the floor. Looking at all my cool miniature X-Treme carz.

The only thing I liked about school was...

Nothing. :happysad:

Jugular

volatile
Unforgiven said:

Wow, man. That sucks.

:banana:

1ct-on!

Take the Bus , BITCH !!
Unforgiven said:

doing drugs , sleeping your awesome good looking teacher:p , drink alc, sex on the toilet .......

???

in what school were you man ??

Janglenut

Particinator
High school is a fucking joke.

That's my two cents on the subject.

1ct-on! said:
doing drugs , sleeping your awesome good looking teacher:p , drink alc, sex on the toilet .......

???

in what school were you man ??
Never done drugs. Slept sometimes, all my teachers were ugly as fuck.

I didn't start drinking till grade 11, and I never had sex until 3 years after high school.:happysad:

You get summer break in Germany, right? That's what makes school worthwhile.

Summer break's a good time to catch up on much-needed sleep.

That's all it's good for.:happysad:

Janglenut said:
High school is a fucking joke.

That's my two cents on the subject.
Yeah, we know. You go out of your way to say it in every thread remotely related to the subject.

Base

it's a motherfucker
the only thing i enjoyed about high school were my friends, but then i left school and went to another country. School was total shit, i'm glad i left and now i somehow managed to get into uni whick is a bit wank also. :happysad: