WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines The people who really have the biggest balls, the US Govt!

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Wow quite a ride of late huh folks? No medical pot, now people who grew pot under judges orders, who thought it was legal, as now getting arrested in droves and thrown in jail. The supreme court, as well documented in another thread, has turned over your property to the county planning commisions in your area. Just 2 or many issues of late.

So the US is killing and dying in Iraq for "freedom" while slamming its own people at home with quasi-communist tendancies. People used to call me paranoid about America becoming a Dictatorship. They're not laughing so loud anymore. The people who run the country, and I'm talking about the real people behind the scenes now, are laughing up a storm. They are showing where the power lies, and letting you know what you can do about it. Abso-fucking-lutely nothing. The highest court in the land makes the rules, you got no choice.

What's next? That's the question that troubles me.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
i wonder if our culture has pussified the youth enough to officially rule out an uprising.....i'm down....but I dont know about you guys. :confuse:

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
bigck3000 said:
i wonder if our culture has pussified the youth enough to officially rule out an uprising.....i'm down....but I dont know about you guys. :confuse:
hey what's up!

you'd need organization.. good leadership.. and population back-up..

Then you gotta figure out, what the fuck do you do?

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
JLXC said:
Wow quite a ride of late huh folks? No medical pot, now people who grew pot under judges orders, who thought it was legal, as now getting arrested in droves and thrown in jail. The supreme court, as well documented in another thread, has turned over your property to the county planning commisions in your area. Just 2 or many issues of late.

So the US is killing and dying in Iraq for "freedom" while slamming its own people at home with quasi-communist tendancies. People used to call me paranoid about America becoming a Dictatorship. They're not laughing so loud anymore. The people who run the country, and I'm talking about the real people behind the scenes now, are laughing up a storm. They are showing where the power lies, and letting you know what you can do about it. Abso-fucking-lutely nothing. The highest court in the land makes the rules, you got no choice.

What's next? That's the question that troubles me.
And, much like Canadians, we sit on the computer or on the phone and bitch and moan about everything but do nothing about it. Not like I am one to talk, I do the same thing.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
bigck3000 said:
I am down too.

RageAgainst said:
you'd need organization.. good leadership.. and population back-up..

Then you gotta figure out, what the fuck do you do?
This is true!

So, WTF to do... who to follow?

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
ChilianFuckFace said:
I am down too.

This is true!

So, WTF to do... who to follow?
Don't you have student groups?

Students are smart and rebellious, usually they're the ones who stir crap up in a country.

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
dull_bullet said:
i don't think kids today are smart enough to start a sucessful rebellion.
Apparently, Britney, Justin Timberlake, and Christina aren't writing enough protest songs to inspire the youth of today.

Maybe what we need is a serious counterculture uprising like in the 60s and 70s, more protest rallies with rock bands stickin' it to The Man.

Sadly, I think everyone's more concerned about making money these days than what popular music started out as - a message from the youth to society-at-large about social and political issues.

Damn The Man!

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
dull_bullet said:
i don't think kids today are smart enough to start a sucessful rebellion.
yeah well I mean college students. But you're right.. most people are idiots

Descent

Hella Constipated
WTFNation said:
Apparently, Britney, Justin Timberlake, and Christina aren't writing enough protest songs to inspire the youth of today.

Maybe what we need is a serious counterculture uprising like in the 60s and 70s, more protest rallies with rock bands stickin' it to The Man.

Sadly, I think everyone's more concerned about making money these days than what popular music started out as - a message from the youth to society-at-large about social and political issues.

Damn The Man!
Precsiely why I went into the "dark" world of heavy metal and video game soundtracks. I hate hearing sugar frosted Britney Spears and Blink 182 on the airwaves. And emo takes it up the ass.

Why is it that metal seems to be the only haven for quality artists? And I'm not talking about Slipknot or Korn, they are crap.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Fuck, you want good music with a good message, rage against the machine baby.

Anyways.. If I was a US revolutionarist.. I'd try to figure out a way to hijack TV signals during primetime. :thumbsup:

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
WTFNation said:

well the theory about that is that one of the reasons that happened was because the baby boomer generation was reaching adulthood and at that point young adults outnumbered adults which gave them in a sense more power. now we have a turn around since the baby boomers are the adults with the power.