WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

The Perfect Soulmate

While checkin out my hotmail,I recieve a e-mail from some company claiming they can find your soulmate in 7 dates. I'm like wtf is up with that? Its bad enough we now have microwavable mac and cheese, instant hot cerial, dinner in 5 minutes, but now a soulmate in 7 days! Are we seriously getting that lazy that we now have to get our "love match" instantley as well? What happened to finding love the old fashioned way? Pissed drunk in a bar :(

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
this phenomenom isn't new, nor does it make it less frustrating.
i believe it began w/ the baby boomer generation...
b/c all evils began w/ them...j/k, sorta.
we are the instant on, instant gratification, most impatient, age group that also has the highest expectancy of any prior generation thanks to our upbringing.

we want things handed to us, and when they're not we...
-move back into our parents home or never leave until we're married
-fail, we move back into our parents home..."to save money"
-ask them for money
-demand they buy us stuff we cannot ourselves afford (through extreme guilt or otherwise manipulative ways...)
-we blame them for our failures....etc

so, ugh, your point?
LOL ;)

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
Yes indeed. . . what happened to the days where you could piss in your suit of armor. Or kiss the king's ass just because he told you to, (but really wanted to make the queen jealous).

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
I have my soulmate. He is perfect for me, and everything I ever wanted in a man, although he could wash the dishes every once in a while!

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
dustinzgirl said:
I have my soulmate. He is perfect for me, and everything I ever wanted in a man, although he could wash the dishes every once in a while!
is his name ron jeremy?

j/k ;)

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
[sky] said:
Who was more drunk you or CL?
I dunno, I saw 'em both at the same bar, they both were pretty wasted, CL was studdering and falling over things, So I'd have to say him.
:p

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
He was very drunk. LOL.

I was not drinking anything but cofee, and I was shooting pool. He came up and took the chalk off my table and I said "Thats my chalk" and then like an hour or so later his girl that is a friend, came up and asked my for my phone number because he liked me. I didnt give him my phone number (because, thats just trampy), but I took his. Then it was like, 2 am and he asked if I would call him in the morning to make sure that he got to work. So I did, and he was surprised that I called him. And we've pretty much been stuck on one another since then.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
dustinzgirl said:
Then it was like, 2 am and he asked if I would call him in the morning to make sure that he got to work. So I did, and he was surprised that I called him. And we've pretty much been stuck on one another since then.
So its his works fault you feel in love? Damn work!

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
[sky] said:
So its his works job you feel in love? Damn work!
I think he was impressed that I called him. Plus, I was wearing tight jeans and a low cut shirt, mabye that had something to do with it.....lol

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
dustinzgirl said:
I think he was impressed that I called him. Plus, I was wearing tight jeans and a low cut shirt, mabye that had something to do with it.....lol
IMAGES...AHHHHH...

MY EYES BURN!!!

kidding.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Smoke said:
IMAGES...AHHHHH...

MY EYES BURN!!!

kidding.
You meanie! Some of us older moms dont look to bad when we get spruced up, yah know.

Now I miss CL he is at work.....I wish he was home....... :(

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
i do understand the moral objection to online soul searching... but i think in the end, you end up having a lot of experiences together (if he/she isn't a psycho or whatever), it's just a new way to meet someone you could spend your life with or just even become friends with. you can still have traditional experiences, you just don't have to wait around for fate if that's not your thing.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
dustinzgirl said:
You meanie! Some of us older moms dont look to bad when we get spruced up, yah know.
Us young people call those MILFS. :thumbsup:

As for me, I'm not into the whole MILF thing.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
mmmmm....milfs....so much experience....so little direction.

The online dating thing freaks me out...just go out....Humans are a very social animal by nature. Why deny your natural impulse to socialize....As a generality, I dont like "People", but I have 'friends'. Is this the begining of the new world Mckenna was talking about...where people are no longer interacting in person, rather through their "E-ambassador"?

I guess the lesson here is....dont smoke weed if you want to be understood through written word.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
bigck3000 said:
mmmmm....milfs....so much experience....so little direction.

The online dating thing freaks me out...just go out....Humans are a very social animal by nature. Why deny your natural impulse to socialize....As a generality, I dont like "People", but I have 'friends'. Is this the begining of the new world Mckenna was talking about...where people are no longer interacting in person, rather through their "E-ambassador"?

I guess the lesson here is....dont smoke weed if you want to be understood through written word.
Your posts are more useless than used toilet paper. Quit while your ahead.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
The good thing about hot older women (Milfs) is, they will bang you till your eyes come loose, and they fix up your scraped knee when you fall off your bike.