WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

The Plan (Unique Case Mod)

Descent

Hella Constipated
First off, now that I have everything in order, I plan to mod my Presario 5700T case, and put my dually in it. This case is just such a joy to work in, I just have to do it. I also love it's looks, and the fact that it has a handle, so you can use it for LAN parties. It needs two hands to be picked up, but it is much easier to manage than a PC with no handles.

I plan on putting a CompUSA brand window kit in it, because I can't really seem to save any money by buying it online.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=293587&pfp=SEARCH

Second, I am going to put in a 120MM ThermalTake Thunderblade fan.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-999-128&depa=0

After that, I am putting in a Logisys Tri-Color Meteor light. Keep in mind that because there are no slide panels on the case (It slides apart into two pieces), the meteor light will be mounted on the bottom. However, this will give it a very unique look, and it will make a HUGE splash at my next LAN party.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=00-888-055&depa=0

Come springtime, I will paint it with two tones of glow in the dark paint, but I have not decided what colors yet. The bezel will be one color, and the power button will be the color of the body of the case. I'm thinking electric blue and red, because that would look pretty sick.

Enclosed in the attachments are what the case looks like...it's pretty nice. I will have a case that will not only look nice at a LAN, but I will also be guaranteed that nobody else has it.

tzedek

Original Member
not to be a dick, but there isnt anything unique about that case mod.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Actually, there is. What is unique is that I am modding a case that you can't even find anymore. Also, I have to redo the pinouts on it (Already did 50% of them :p ).

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Here's a more important question. Who cares?

Descent

Hella Constipated
I thought the tweakers and modders on this site would find it kind of cool. It's not everyday you see a blue/red Presario case.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Here an even more important question: When was the last time you talked to real girl (in person)?

Dual processors sounds cool, but still, I dont understand the idea behind having the most "l33t" case.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
bigck3000 said:
Dual processors sounds cool, but still, I dont understand the idea behind having the most "l33t" case.
Well we all must find victory where ever we can. GO Mr's |33t case builder! Strobing Neon cases gets all teh girls everyone knows that.

Jung

???
Premium
I'm ordering a window and cold cathode kit for my mouse.

tzedek

Original Member
junglizm said:
I'm ordering a window and cold cathode kit for my mouse.

i already got that stuff for my printer