WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines The problem with liberals and why the right is winning

therightiswrong

The right is wrong
The problem with liberals is that they try to please everyone at the same time, which in the end allows nothing to be done.

Except for the very dedicated most Democrats or Democratic leaning people didn’t know where Kerry stood on at least half the issues.

Democrats want to create more jobs but not hurt the environment to do so.
Democrats want to be tough on terror but by negotiating with the terrorists.

The right is winning because they have leaders that know their agenda and are willing to do anything they can to get it done.

While Liberals have subcommittee after subcommittee having focus groups and think tanks to figure out how they can make everyone happy.

Wake up liberal Progressive America you CANNOT please everyone at the same time.

Stand up for what you believe in. Think about how your actions may harm others but don’t let it stop you from acting.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
no.. don't wake up... keep moving farther and farther to the left... and represent less of America... keep on the same path that will cause you to continue losing more senate seats and make Democrats become a third party... :thumbsup:

BTW....
:mfinger: Fuck you
(that means "hi... welcome to the site" here)

Jung

???
Premium
People who lump everything into liberal vs. republican don't deserve a proper response from me... :rolleyes:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
DanGeo23 said:
no.. don't wake up... keep moving farther and farther to the left... and represent less of America... keep on the same path that will cause you to continue losing more senate seats and make Democrats become a third party... :thumbsup:

BTW....
:mfinger: Fuck you
(that means "hi... welcome to the site" here)
How do people equate a liberal to a democrat. I consider myself closest in parties to democrat. Yet I believe that if a fucker breaks into my house while I'm home, he'll be dead where he stands.
I believe that, when all other options are exhausted; war is an answer.
I believe that criminals should be dealt with harshly.

But I also believe that if I don't kill the fucker, he deserves a trial, without being detained for 2 years.
That destroying the environment for financial gain, is wrong.
And that Gay people deserve to form a domestic union with the same advantages that a married man and woman get (nation wide).
I also believe that drumming the words WMD, Axis of evil, terror, and nuculer into peoples heads, is a retard village (drunk) idiot trick, that unfortunately slightly more than 50% of our country fell for.

And that being said. I believe I'll finish eating my corn dogs with yellow American mustard, wash it down with some good Irish Guinness and Wild Turkey on the rocks. :thumbsup:

The extremes of both sides of politics tend to suck(hardcore cons and libs alike). If I had to pin myself anywhere, I'd say I'm a left-leaning moderate.

Listen to both sides of the argument, and pick a side. If you are too far to one side, you're clearly not listening to both sides.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
TheLampIncident said:
The extremes of both sides of politics tend to suck(hardcore cons and libs alike). If I had to pin myself anywhere, I'd say I'm a left-leaning moderate.

Listen to both sides of the argument, and pick a side. If you are too far to one side, you're clearly not listening to both sides.
Bingo.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
I have no problem with "democrats"... I don't understand how the dems that get elected move so far to the left... and I don't think they represent the people that put them in... or in Hillary's case she understands she needs to pretend to move to the right.. so she can claim to be a moderate in 4 years and try to appeal to the red states... I (as I have stated many times) am an Independant... registered and the whole bit... I am very conservative.. every person has thier own opinions on issues.. and should take the top 10 issues or so and decide where they fall for each then figure out which side represents more of thier ideals... well maybe not each side.. but each canidate... I can tell you that I would have a hard time voting for a democrat.. maybe Lieberman... or Z. Miller... (but it would depend on whom they were facing...) because rarely does the democratic canidate represent more of my opinions.. then again I couldn't vote for someone that I felt was a right wing wacko either
I cannot stand when someone says they are a dem/rep based on what thier church/union/parents/teachers say.. or because 'X' party represents the 'Y' people (working/race/rich/poor)
with out liberals there wouldn't be conservatives...

Dan, I kind of got the impression from your post that you're saying that outside of political candidates, America has no true liberals. Just out of curiosity, what part of the country do you live in? There's a whole lot of liberals up here in New England. I see Kerry/Edwards bumper stickers on cars all the time(hardly ever any Bush related ones).

Sure, I have my conservative tendencies. I don't think marijuana should be legalized(even if I do think the penalty for having it shouldn't be as harsh), I believe capitalism is the best economic system we could have...

But what irks me is that there are some issues where what seems like the liberal side could be the conservative side or vice versa...

You know what, I don't have anything intelligent to say anymore. I'm going to end this post right here.

bnccoder

Postaholic
I'm a strong conservitive republican.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
fuckit who cares, i swear one of the main things your not supposed to talk about is politics?

ferengi

Yay fire!
I don't affiliate myself with any political party. I don't fit the cookie-cutter shape of what it is to be a republican or a democrat. My views are more complex than that.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
I am from Michigan.. pretty liberal here.. well that is if you ask if someone is a Democrat or a Republican... but if you talk about issues I find that alot of people that claim to be Dems agree with me on most issues.. so it baffles me as to why they vote Democrat but issue for issue are over-all conservative....

There's a whole lot of liberals up here in New England. I see Kerry/Edwards bumper stickers on cars all the time
back in the day you prolly saw a lot of Dukakis ones too...

with both sides I feel that they get elected posing as moderates.. then vote straight party lines... and I think we can all agree that that doesn't help us ... the constituents... I cannot stand how it appears as though the Democrats in Congress are opposed to anything that the President or another Republican proposes... surely everything they propose can't be bad.. it almost seems that the Congressional Democrats are rooting against the economy, the war or anything else.. inorder for them to have a chance to regain some of thier lost political power... and I feel that we are all losing because of it.. desent is one thing.. obstruction is another...
.. now it goes both ways... for example... I feel that the Republicans are way off base on the minimum wage... but I also feel that the Demos are way off too... but that should mean they should meet in the middle and.... TA DA... compromise...

Well, I was only one year old when Dukakis was running(I'm 17 now...still ineligible to vote). As far as you saying that both parties need to reach a middle ground on some issues, I couldn't agree with you more. There's a couple things you can't really touch too much. One such issue is abortion. You will probably never get anyone to change their mind on this issue no matter how much you argue. Personally, I think both sides of the argument need to shut the hell up and accept that the other side exists. As a male, I feel I do not have the right to a stance on abortion since I'm not the one making babies, but seeing both sides bitch at each other so much is really annoying.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
I think we are really seeing the limits of the 2 party system. The Democratic party just isn't big enough for far left liberals and moderate liberals. The solution is to incorporate elements of European coalition governments. As therightiswrong pointed out at the openning, the Democratic party is spread too thin. The should be seperate parties for workers' rights, civil liberty protection, just as there is one for
environmental causes (Green Party). Unfortunately, the Democratic party cannot disband until the GOP does. Apparently, moderate conservatives can still stomach being in the same party with the fat of the land (the pigs) and the religious fanatics.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
As a male, I feel I do not have the right to a stance on abortion since I'm not the one making babies,
I feel this stance is way off base... men and women are equal parts responsible for the life...

DanGeo23 said:
I feel this stance is way off base... men and women are equal parts responsible for the life...
Heh, abortion. Abortion is gay and wrong. The life does not belong to the woman, it belongs to the baby. The second the sperm meets egg it is a person. You can't kill it. That would be murder. It is the same as taking the baby right when it is born and bashing its skull on the floor(sorry to be so gruesome, but I am discussing abortion). What's the difference? It hadn't seen the light of day yet? So what? Is that what life means? Having exited your mother's womb? I don't think so.
I don't see how anyone could have an abortion. It is sick and wrong. There, that's all I have to say.

Oh yeah, Dan, pos rep for you :)

DanGeo23 said:
Well, the baby's not growing inside me, so there's my justification.

I guess I just couldn't care less.

Awaken said:
Abortion is gay and wrong
What an intelligent way to state your opinions. :rolleyes: Once the sperm and the egg meet it's not a person it's a sperm in an egg. Saying you can't have abortion is like saying you have to carry a parasite.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
thats another "non issue" that baffles the shit out of me....who the fuck is anyone to tell a woman she has to do something with her baby. The whole "its not the mothers life...its the baby's life" is bullshit...its the mothers nutrients and well being....if she doesnt feel fit to take care of a baby, psychologically or physiologically, she shouldnt feel obligated or be told that is her "moral duty" to give birth. these ideologies seem very out of whack to me.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
Some people are pro-life because they do not understand biology, some are pro-life because they believe cognition is not a requisite of human life, others are pro-life because they value quantity of life over quality of life every zygote is a protential future tax-payer, consumer, and member of the service industry.