WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

The PSP vrs NDS

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Working at Toys-"R"-Us I have had a chance to play with both systems below is my thoughts on them. Hope it helps you make a choice...

The PSP vs. The NDS

As some of you may know Sony has challenged the Nintendo with it’s new hand held PSP. So why is the PSP getting so much of a buzz. Well lets break down the two systems shall we?

Your Nintendo DS features a split screen, good graphics and is able to play the old Gameboy advance games. Offering you classic games like Zelda, while still allowing you to play the new games like Ridge Racer. It also offer a chat room allowing you to talk with other DS users. Offers a lot wider rang of games. Making it more age appropriated for families with smaller children. Then pen gives it a unique gaming experience that some like and others hate. All for a smooth price of $150 and the games running about $29-39

So with all that you get in the NDS Sony better be pulling out the stops. Lets just say they did that and more. The PSP is much more then your average gaming system. You can play full length DVD’s with better picture then most people’s television. To be honest the screen shots on the box do not compare to it’s pictures and graphics. It allows you to download MP3’s and listen to them while you are playing the game, as well as pictures too. It size equals about the size of a Play station controller and a nice big display screen. The buttons fit comfortably nice in your hand with top L1 and R1 buttons. On top of all of that it is completely wireless allowing you to play against your friends who have one. Lets just say that Sony went above and beyond what anyone would of thought for a hand held. So how much does this system cost, well it weighs in at about $250. With games running from $39-49. Oh before you think you can play your old DVD's sitting in the house you can't. They are coming out with specially formatted smaller disc size in movies. However the cool thing about the tiny disc is each one has a protective cover over it.

So does the PSP win hand down? Depends on the person. If you have a family with younger children who might want to play some games. Or if graphics don’t rank to high with you and you love fast pace, old fun loving games then I suggest the NDS. However if you single, have money to spare? (Who needs to pay rent anyways?) Like beautiful edge cutting graphics and fast pace games. I suggest the PSP. However if you compare features and graphics PSP wins.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
From what I hear, the PSP will only play DVD's of a special format, meaning you'll need two copies of the same movie if you want to watch one in your living room, and one in the middle of Mathmatics 101.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
brainwashmonkey said:
From what I hear, the PSP will only play DVD's of a special format, meaning you'll need two copies of the same movie if you want to watch one in your living room, and one in the middle of Mathmatics 101.
Covered that hehe...

_Kitana_ said:
They are coming out with specially formatted smaller disc size in movies. However the cool thing about the tiny disc is each one has a protective cover over it.

Yeah you have to rebuy all ur dvds which is the psp ONLY downfall that I have seen so far. But it's picture is AWESOME.... you have to see it to believe it.

As of right now it comes with spiderman 2

Descent

Hella Constipated
I think the NDS wins hands down because of it's technological superiority.

Also, factor this in:

The touchscreen can make it the most awesome first person shooter handheld.

Personally, I feel that playing Quake II online over your 802.11B network would be the best thing since sliced bread.

Over The Internetz using that same wireless adapter cookamajig would rock.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Look. Even in these circumstances,

Awful battery life > Nintendo.

Hell, even Desent > Nintendo.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Not exactly, Screwy.

The NDS has superior hardware, as well as faster 3D processing and a quicker CPU.

It also has two screens, one touch. On top of that, it has built in 802.11B.

Granted, it's storage medium is much smaller, but developers will love it's possibilities.

Lets not forget the huge library of games the N64 had for older audiences.

But...

NOTHING can ever top the Neo Geo Pocket Color :)!

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
hmmm i do like that u can play pokemon on the ds....but psp has so much hype, mite i be uncool without it?

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Descent said:
I think the NDS wins hands down because of it's technological superiority.

Also, factor this in:

The touchscreen can make it the most awesome first person shooter handheld.

Personally, I feel that playing Quake II online over your 802.11B network would be the best thing since sliced bread.

Over The Internetz using that same wireless adapter cookamajig would rock.
You see the only problem with the touch screen is that they wear out. Especailly with the younger kids using them and smashing down on the screen i know that they WILL wear out. My brother has a regular gameboy advanced and the screen on that thing is so nasty and scratched you can barely see whats going on i can only imagin when you add in another screen. I say go for the gold get the sony. Sence the playstation sony has been the leading company for gaming. And now with the a handheld system that cool. taa taa to nintendo

Descent

Hella Constipated
Not true. I've abused the fuck out of my Casio BE-300 PDA's touch screen and it doesn't even have a scratch.

Best PDA ever. It's so hackable.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
PSP is not hype....

we took both the NDS and PSP on a test run for batterlife... (granted we both let them charge max length like the direction says) PSP wins

as far as the limited storage the psp has memory cards to help with that problem

They are a nice machine